JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nickel (Offline)
Resident Biblophile

10-06-2008, 05:59 PM

I think the reason I'm so interested in Japan is because of the rich, exciting culture. I am an avid reader but I can't learn all things Japanese just from books and I would love to have that sort of learning expirence by going there.

I also love the fashion of Harajuku. It seems like my type of place and my kind of people. The idea is exciting to me and I would just love to take pictures of all the fun, fashionistas on the streets.

The food is a big thing too. I want to partake in real Japanese food, not the America version.

Lastly, I would love to visit China. My brother and his wife went there twice to adopt two sweet, adorable Chinese girls. They're my neices and I love them! When I get older, I'd like to do the same. I'd etiehr adopt from Japan or China.

Member of the Writer's Clan
Killer of Twilight fantards since 2005

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

10-06-2008, 06:10 PM

I'd hate to be obnoxious, but the topic is about what other countries in Asia you are interested in. Obviously, a lot of us like Japan, so it'd be kind of unnecessary and redundant to base your post around that fact.

Don't get me wrong, guys, I enjoy reading about why others like Japan... But, in this case, I'm interested in hearing some of your more valid answers.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM

I'd love to visit all over asia, but only Japan would be a place to live. I'm kinda weird because I'm not into japan for anime, manga, jrock or the normal japanophile/otaku type things. I love the culture and the language, love the food even though I cannot even forcefeed myself any kinds of seafood. I love my fiance who comes from there, I loved living there and cant wait till we move there permanently to start a family. Learning the language has been quite the challenge but I'm still going at it, even though I officially "started" learning in 2001. Jeeze it's been a while.

None of the other Asian countries interest me on this level. Nor do they have that connection that I have thru my fiance/future inlaws. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit...places like HK, Korea and Singapore especially appeal to me. But, I'd never see myself living there and being immersed in their language/cultures because they dont appeal to me on that kind of level. I guess maybe that does make me a japanophile? Maybe for my own reasons..lol.

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-07-2008, 01:24 AM

I like Japan and China.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
10-07-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlphaDuck View Post
or mebe they do and its SO secret we dont even know it exists :P
Ever heard of Ninjas?
XD

I'm just a Japan-Freak.
Starts with Final Fantasy, ends with X

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Yonsu (Offline)
New to JF

10-07-2008, 02:12 AM

Meh, I'm kind of obligated to love Korea since I'm Korean. But I was actually rather belated in liking it because I grew up rather Americanized. ^^;; So there are lots of things that are still foreign to me about Korea and I'm extremely interested in its history. Especially the Korean War after watching Tae Guk Ki, which had be bawling so hard until I lost my voice. Culturally, I love the hanbok. This is shocking, but I personally think the hanbok is so much prettier than the kimono. O_o;;; Somehow the hanbok has a refined, simple, and elegant grace to it that the others don't seem to have. And plus, you can actually run in them! (No, it's not because I'm a Korean I think it's pretty. Once, I thought it was ugly next to the Chinese and Japanese clothes. But no more! <3)

I want to visit South-East Asia. I think the traditions there are so unique, and I love the temples. They're so extravagant and incomprehensively detailed. Angkor Wat is totally in my list of things to see before I die. I think it's absolutely gorgeous!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
VitalStatistic (Offline)
Mika Mika

Send a message via AIM to VitalStatistic Send a message via Yahoo to VitalStatistic
10-07-2008, 03:36 AM

Japan, of course. I love the music, their beliefs, the food, and its beauty. When I see pictures of Japan I can't help but feel relaxed and relief. I'm hoping to go there because I am going to sign up for it through the school. Only two people can go and I know two people who are going to try really hard to get that spot. It's only for a week to two weeks but it will give me a taste of the future. I want to live there. ^-^

(#18 (permalink))
Old
george (Offline)
New to JF

10-07-2008, 03:51 AM

YEAH!.... to everything.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
10-07-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonsu View Post
Meh, I'm kind of obligated to love Korea since I'm Korean. But I was actually rather belated in liking it because I grew up rather Americanized. ^^;; So there are lots of things that are still foreign to me about Korea and I'm extremely interested in its history. Especially the Korean War after watching Tae Guk Ki, which had be bawling so hard until I lost my voice. Culturally, I love the hanbok. This is shocking, but I personally think the hanbok is so much prettier than the kimono. O_o;;; Somehow the hanbok has a refined, simple, and elegant grace to it that the others don't seem to have. And plus, you can actually run in them! (No, it's not because I'm a Korean I think it's pretty. Once, I thought it was ugly next to the Chinese and Japanese clothes. But no more! <3)

I want to visit South-East Asia. I think the traditions there are so unique, and I love the temples. They're so extravagant and incomprehensively detailed. Angkor Wat is totally in my list of things to see before I die. I think it's absolutely gorgeous!
agree about tae guk gi but i have to disagree 100% about hanbok

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#20 (permalink))
Old
george (Offline)
New to JF

10-07-2008, 04:02 AM

i dont know much about japan! but i sher do know that i love thoughs school-girl outfits japanees girls love to wear! >.< .... sorry just beeing cute...