JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Koir's Avatar
Koir (Offline)
Meow.
 
Posts: 990
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada
10-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrikosRandomStalker View Post
how do they scare you? o.O
Maybe she's been watching the first Ghostbusters movie too much to be healthy...

On topic:

Sounds like your father's mind is made up. His logic makes sense to him: he doesn't know how to use a computer, his entertainment needs are being met, so something like a faster always-on connection to this "Internet" thing is a completely unnecessary luxury.


Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
Reply With Quote
(#22 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2008
10-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
In this case he'll care. This means we just can't get the bare minimun anymore to let me do something online, it'll threaten my school work more than it has before.
sweet. that sounds good. now what did you mean by "launching my plan"? cause no matter what, you're getting it in 2009. did you need help getting it earlier?
Reply With Quote
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780's Avatar
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥
 
Posts: 1,177
Join Date: Aug 2007
10-25-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrikosRandomStalker View Post
sweet. that sounds good. now what did you mean by "launching my plan"? cause no matter what, you're getting it in 2009. did you need help getting it earlier?
See, there needs to be preperation time. I need to print off "adverstisements" and show my dad, etc.


Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
Reply With Quote
(#24 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2008
10-25-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
See, there needs to be preperation time. I need to print off "adverstisements" and show my dad, etc.
well i can help with that. honestly, i'm sitting here bored. i'm just going through to make sure i subbed ".hack//GU on crack" to meet the quality i shoot for (i don't wanna go into too much detail here since it's off topic). but anyway, give me some time. i can help with that.
Reply With Quote
(#25 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2008
10-25-2008, 07:37 PM

it seems that the digital TV thingy starts on feb 17, 2009. how do you know when this internet thing happens? where did you find this out?
Reply With Quote
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780's Avatar
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥
 
Posts: 1,177
Join Date: Aug 2007
10-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Thank you. I also thought of the idea of forging a newsletter from my school saying that it's HIGHLY recommended that all students have highspeed internet for the "new" grade viewer or something.


Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
Reply With Quote
(#27 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned
 
Posts: 104
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atamagaitai, California
10-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Try to make it apply to his life too. Is there anything he does online?
Reply With Quote
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780's Avatar
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥
 
Posts: 1,177
Join Date: Aug 2007
10-25-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrikosRandomStalker View Post
it seems that the digital TV thingy starts on feb 17, 2009. how do you know when this internet thing happens? where did you find this out?
This is what I was implying about how I need to prepare for my plan.

I'm assuming that because I needed to look up stuff on a website for my parents and find the information for Digital TV, they won't be able to go online and I can just give them the information.

I can print out fake webpages with the adress on the sheet, time, page 1 of 3, etc. I have a decent program where I can alter stuff and make my own fake webpage and print it.

I can't talk much more right now because I have a tennis appointment in twenty minutes.


Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
Reply With Quote
(#29 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 102
Join Date: Oct 2008
10-25-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
This is what I was implying about how I need to prepare for my plan.

I'm assuming that because I needed to look up stuff on a website for my parents and find the information for Digital TV, they won't be able to go online and I can just give them the information.

I can print out fake webpages with the adress on the sheet, time, page 1 of 3, etc. I have a decent program where I can alter stuff and make my own fake webpage and print it.

I can't talk much more right now because I have a tennis appointment in twenty minutes.
lol. so you want to make fake stuff to trick them.

i like that
Reply With Quote
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Aniki's Avatar
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller
 
Posts: 1,261
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Europe
10-25-2008, 07:46 PM

Save some cash, buy a gun, point it at your dad and say: Hello daddy, lets talk about the Internet again, something tells me you're gonna listen to me now.
After this he should agree with everything you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
My Internet costs $10 a month for unlimited use and it's a piece of SHIT!
Man, and I thought for $10 bucks you can have at least a decent Internet in America

Last edited by Aniki : 10-25-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6