LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

10-25-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Save some cash, buy a gun, point it at your dad and say: Hello daddy, lets talk about the Internet again, something tells me you're gonna listen to me now.
After this he should agree with everything you say.
Tactless, violent, and pointless. I would think an adult would know better than to suggest this "option", much less encourage another to do it, even in jest.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#42 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-25-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Tactless, violent, and pointless. I would think an adult would know better than to suggest this "option", much less encourage another to do it, even in jest.
Still... It was sorta funny...
(#43 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagothUr View Post
Still... It was sorta funny...
nobody likes your jokes today. lol
(#44 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-25-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrikosRandomStalker View Post
nobody likes your jokes today. lol
Aww.... You made me feel bad... It's because my mind is only half-there today.... Trying to work up courage.... Not working.... lol.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-25-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
This is the only "option" I can I give her right now.

From what information she gave in the beginning of the thread I came up with a conclusion that she's somewhat a spoiled brat who uses this place "to cry out" but isn't really serious about it. She didn't get a high-speed Internet but already has plans for getting cable TV. She didn't tell us about how many people are in her family, and how many of them work to pay the bills.
For all the "gentlemen" out there: did any of you, while reading her first post, at least get the idea that maybe if she doesn't even have a cable TV then maybe they aren't that rich to afford a high-speed Internet.
If she really wants to have a high-speed Internet so much she should get job. From the picture I saw in her profile she is old enough to work in as a babysitter or get a part-time job in a fast food restaurant.
And finally I want to say: It's better to have any Internet (no matter how shirty it is) then have no Internet at all.

@Yuna7780 you can hate me all you want for saying all that stuff. But if you really want help, you gotta be straight with us and give more than that info.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

10-25-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
This is the only "option" I can I give her right now.

From what information she gave in the beginning of the thread I came up with a conclusion that she's somewhat a spoiled brat who uses this place "to cry out" but isn't really serious about it. She didn't get a high-speed Internet but already has plans for getting cable TV. She didn't tell us about how many people are in her family, and how many of them work to pay the bills.
For all the "gentlemen" out there: did any of you, while reading her first post, at least get the idea that maybe if she doesn't even have a cable TV then maybe they aren't that rich to afford a high-speed Internet.
If she really wants to have a high-speed Internet so much she should get job. From the picture I saw in her profile she is old enough to work in as a babysitter or get a part-time job in a fast food restaurant.
And finally I want to say: It's better to have any Internet (no matter how shirty it is) then have no Internet at all.

@Yuna7780 you can hate me all you want for saying all that stuff. But if you really want help, you gotta be straight with us and give more than that info.
Good point. Also, the errors she was experiencing are definately not from slow internet. I know, I survived with less {yes, there is less) than 56k until about 2 years ago.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-25-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Why would I hate you? I have to reason to hate you for your thoughts and opinions.

Anyway, I do have a job. I'm a professional dogwalker, in case you didn't see that in my profile, and I'm going to apply for a real job once I get my lisence in a few months. I pay for everything I want and if I need to borrow money, I pay back right away. I'm able to pay for the internet and I've already told my dad that I'd pay for it. The only thing I'd say no to paying is that my cheap-bastard brother would not participate in paying. He's got three jobs and an internship soon!

I do agree that having dial-up is better than nothing. But it doesn't cut it. My dad needs to set the standards higher. He's "done it himself" and has bought the "other" brand (not saying all "other" brands aren't good) and has led us in MULTIPLE downward spirals of wasting time and money.

I think that dial-up is killing me and I created this thread in order to think of more things to poke and get under his skin to get something better.

I'm not doing this as a cry for help like I'm suicidal. People at my church tell me to do something online or do research, and they pity me that I have dial-up and can't do it. I HATE BEING PITIED.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#48 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-25-2008, 10:56 PM

wb from the tennis meet btw

did you think about using logos?
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-26-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
Anyway, I do have a job. I'm a professional dogwalker, in case you didn't see that in my profile
In case you haven't noticed most of the people here write all sort of crap in their profile, so I don't take that info. seriously.

If your not in the dead zone, try thinking in geting WiFi. Then try talking your brother then dad at least paying for the installation and router while saying that you'll be paying for Internet. If they'll be too stubborn and won't even listen, then I can only suggest you my previous "option"
Quote:
Save some cash, buy a gun, point it at your dad and say: Hello daddy, lets talk about the Internet again, something tells me you're gonna listen to me now.
also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagothUr View Post
Also, the errors she was experiencing are definately not from slow internet. I know, I survived with less {yes, there is less) than 56k until about 2 years ago.
Try considering that. Maybe your computer is really the problem.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-26-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Try considering that. Maybe your computer is really the problem.
One of my friends fixes and makes computers for his job and freetime. He told me that it's my internet.

Anyway, I'm going to start talking to my dad about internet before the weekend's over. I'll see how this goes this time and report back.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780