LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
and Freddy, yeah, i can understand that, but yea, its just people need to find better ways of redirecting their problems, some people need to be taught to clear their heads.
it took me several years to find something 'semi constructive' to do (mountain bike riding) to help control my depression ... some people can not get past the thoughts that they are 'worthless and not capable of doing anything that is good (for them)'
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-11-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
it took me several years to find something 'semi constructive' to do (mountain bike riding) to help control my depression ... some people can not get past the thoughts that they are 'worthless and not capable of doing anything that is good (for them)'
I think trying to mask it will just prolong the problem.

The best cure for depression is to accept yourself and what you are. The fact that you are ultimately alone but that you will be fine because you can take whatever is thrown your way.

Whatever happens, happens.

When you can accept that, the depression will never come back.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:37 AM

Quote:
yeah that's very true. me and my fiance found each other out of fluke, we weren't really looking at the time, but we've both gone through much of the same thing, and i helped him realise he wasn't worthless and he was capable of great things, and he's helped me realise the same thing too. i guess for me, it was important that i could talk to someone who'd listen, someone who'd understand, that's how i got over this.
i think talking to someone is definitely one of the first steps these kids should do. or if you know someone who does this shit, you should get them to talk to someone. i know its a hard situation when its a psychologist or something, its better if its a friend or a family, i think.

@ivi0nk3y - but yeah, i agree with you also, but sometimes the depression can come back in another form, i dont think Freddy's trying to mask it, he's just trying to find something else to do so that he wouldnt feel that way, and i think that's a good first step. i used to write to not feel so shitty about myself.
i think the worst "mask" anyone who's depressed could ever wear is anti-depressants, they just make you feel numb and void of anything.

Last edited by TheCrimson : 12-11-2008 at 03:40 AM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2008, 03:38 AM

help menu? Mind Sharing Where That Is?

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
I think trying to mask it will just prolong the problem.

The best cure for depression is to accept yourself and what you are. The fact that you are ultimately alone but that you will be fine because you can take whatever is thrown your way.

Whatever happens, happens.

When you can accept that, the depression will never come back.
there are two options to 'curing' depression one would be like you said, to just accept yourself .. and the other would be to take action to change what you are unhappy about (if it is something that can be physically changed) but that can be a challenge to actually find the root of depression ...

it took me several years to figure out ... now i am working on changing it ... and it has had very positive effects on me, and my relationships.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:46 AM

Quote:
there are two options to 'curing' depression one would be like you said, to just accept yourself .. and the other would be to take action to change what you are unhappy about (if it is something that can be physically changed) but that can be a challenge to actually find the root of depression ...

it took me several years to figure out ... now i am working on changing it ... and it has had very positive effects on me, and my relationships.
hey that's really good to hear =)

and yeah, it can take some people ages to figure out what their problem is, and it can be hard to accept yourself when you've felt so worthless for such a long time, but no one should feel worthless, everyone is special in their own way, everyone's an individual, and there should be something that they have that no one else has, they just have to have a closer look at their life =)

(#27 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-11-2008, 03:46 AM

I think it's very low to purposefully hurt yourself when you are down in the dumps. It's not going to get you ANYWHERE and it's silly.

If you hurt yourself by accident, that's another story.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-11-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:

Yes changing what's making you unhappy would be ideal.

A lot of the time though i've seen that there is no chance to change whats making you unhappy, simply because it isn't within your power to do so.

Anyway, I hope it continues to be positive for you.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#29 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
I think it's very low to purposefully hurt yourself when you are down in the dumps. It's not going to get you ANYWHERE and it's silly.

If you hurt yourself by accident, that's another story.

of course. but sometimes it takes experience to know this, and some people can handle depression better than others. and that's why i have this thread, to try and make people realise that its pointless and yeah, it ain't gonna get you anywhere.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
12-11-2008, 03:48 AM

Umm....I don't think it is a good idea, but I don't see why you can't do what you want to to your own body.

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!