LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuchan View Post
If someone is hurting themselves, they need help. I will never understand how people love the feel of blades, knives, razors, etc. cutting into their skin and watching the blood pour out. That is effin disturbing.
A story I once read had a 17 y/o girl with heavy scars on her arms. I definitley feel pity for her.

@TheCrimson-Thanks for bringing this up. Younger people have such fragile minds, bad examples can so much taint their minds and screw them up.

no problem =) i felt this is quite an important issue, especially after i saw this effed up article on encyclopedia dramatica O_o

Emo Cutter Girl

the pics on there are totally effed up.

and yea, i agree, younger people do have such fragile weak minds, and people who do things like this publicly, especially if they're a role model can really do affect their young fans.
but some of the fans can be pretty retarded and think this is attractive because "real men can handle pain"
or whatever.
its retarded.

@ GentlePrincess - yea, i went through this stage to, and it was just plain stupid. it solved nothing, it only created unnecessary scars. didnt make the pain go away, just gave you a constant reminder of the pain.

but yeah, definitely. people who do this need help. i got over it once i was living in a better situation.

sometimes its not really for attention. i did it cause i didnt care for my life at the time, i was such a depressed fuckwit i was suicidal at one point, i just didnt care.

but yeah. the point is. it is NOT cool to do sh*t like this.

not cool.

that emo cutter girl thing is really effed up. check it out guys.

(#12 (permalink))
Old
amuchan (Offline)
Panda Bear ♥♥

Topics on Google - 12-11-2008, 03:23 AM

I was inspired by TheCrimson's thread on cutters to bring this up. I have wanted to bring this up for a while, but wasn't really sure.

I was going to search up "How to make yourself look taller in a LBD" but I got this help menu and was pretty disgusted by it. Also, ignore the last one

I am NOT trying to rag on google, it isn't google's fault, people are having websites with a bunch of information on how to make yourself sick.

Thoughts Anyone?

(#13 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-11-2008, 03:26 AM

I never did understand it, until recently. I've never been the type to need to harm myself, no matter how depressed I got. I'm a Masochist though and emotional pain is worse but thats another story.

However, I do know some people do it to stop feeling like shit and to forget emotional pain or something similar.

Most people do it / say they do it, cos of some attention deficit problem.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 12-11-2008 at 03:30 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 03:26 AM

i cause pain to myself on a weekly basis ... and i enjoy every minute of it.

i know, when i get on my mountain bike that odds are i am going to run into something, fall while going down a hill or miss a jump and land wrong .. yet i still get out and do it ...

the rush that comes with the risk is the reason i do it ...

some people get that same rush by just taking a knife to themselves ... even though they try to cover it up with other excuses ... the simple fact is that they are addicted to the feelings and emotions that they have while in the situation.

do i think it is wrong? hell yes. but at the same time, i understand the fundamentals of what they are doing. i do think that it would be better off redirected into something more productive, either on a physical or emotional level though.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2008, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
OH FOR GOD's SAKE!

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#16 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
I never did understand it. I've never been the type to need to harm myself, no matter how depressed I got.

However, I do know some people do it to stop feeling like shit and to feel numb to forget emotional pain or something similar.

Most people do it / say they do it, cos of some attention deficit problem.
its true most people do it because they want/need attention.

frack i've seen it so many times, its ridiculous, most of them are young girls wanting attention from boys, actually. O_o

and as for the doing it to feel numb. it worked for... 5 mins? then you just felt like shit again. and years from then you'll feel dumb because you have unnecessary scars.

good that you never got onto this bandwagon of shitness, but some people can handle depression better than others, but yeah. i would never do this again no matter how depressed i will ever get in the future.

it's just a stupid thing to do.

@ Superheel - how effed up is that?

and Freddy, yeah, i can understand that, but yea, its just people need to find better ways of redirecting their problems, some people need to be taught to clear their heads.

(#17 (permalink))
Old
amuchan (Offline)
Panda Bear ♥♥

12-11-2008, 03:31 AM

@TheCrimson- Oh wow I nearly threw up.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
TheUnknown (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2008, 03:31 AM

One Thing I Do Know Is That Some Does It To Ease Their Pain, Like Something They Did Back When They Were Young, Reckless. And They Will Always Hate Themselves For Doing What They Did And So They Inflict Pain To Themselves as a Way To Forget The Pain They Have Inflicted To Others Through Their Actions. So I Guess You Can Say It As a Way of Hating Yourself.

Other Than That, Cutting Yourself Just For Fun Is Just Stupid and I Dont See Why People Would.

人生自古誰無死,留取丹心照汗青。-- None since the advent of time have escaped death, may my loyalty forever illuminate the annals of history.

(#19 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-11-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
it's just a stupid thing to do.
Yea I really think so too. As you or someone else said though, it can become an addiction.

I just hope people in real need of help, get it. ;/

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuchan View Post
@TheCrimson- Oh wow I nearly threw up.

i know, its so horrible. and did you read the article?

it's just effed up.

i dont know if i pity the girl or not though...