LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-11-2008, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post

of course. but sometimes it takes experience to know this, and some people can handle depression better than others. and that's why i have this thread, to try and make people realise that its pointless and yeah, it ain't gonna get you anywhere.
That's good. I think people should post things they do when they are stressed or upset in this thread to give alternatives for the ones hurting themselves.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#32 (permalink))
Old
amuchan (Offline)
Panda Bear ♥♥

12-11-2008, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknown View Post
help menu? Mind Sharing Where That Is?

"Help menu" refers to the suggestion box underneath where you type. It is the area where I highlighted the "how to make yourself throw up" and results. That tiny box is the help menu google has.

(#33 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Anyway, I hope it continues to be positive for you.
it will continue to be positive for me, or i will die from hitting a tree while going downhill on a mountain bike at 40+mph ... either way fun for all! hah ...

ok that is the old sense of humor sneaking out still ... that part is always hard to get rid of ...

i was lucky, mine was my weight that was making me depressed ... still have a ways to go ... but from 281lbs to the 230lb range in one year isn't all that bad.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

12-11-2008, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyuga View Post
Umm....I don't think it is a good idea, but I don't see why you can't do what you want to to your own body.
There's at least one argument against that and that is..

If you can do it to your own body, what would stop you from doing it to someone/something else?

Also, society is too geared on "do what you want". It aint solved any problems so far, just made more of them.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#35 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
That's good. I think people should post things they do when they are stressed or upset in this thread to give alternatives for the ones hurting themselves.
yeah =) i thought maybe this could help some people.

i think the key is finding a hobby =P

and you know what? i just would love to bring this up. i'm a bit of a metalhead, and i hate it when metal is blamed for shit like this.
metal is music that empowers people in most cases, its not there to make you feel like shit. people need to get off My Chemical Romance and listen to REAL metal xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyuga View Post
Umm....I don't think it is a good idea, but I don't see why you can't do what you want to to your own body.
What the f**k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
There's at least one argument against that and that is..

If you can do it to your own body, what would stop you from doing it to someone/something else?

Also, society is too geared on "do what you want". It aint solved any problems so far, just made more of them.

Perfect.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2008, 03:53 AM

Internet is full of sick things.That is no news for anyone.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-11-2008, 03:54 AM

Since they are basically the same topic (Self-Inclicted Pain and How To Make Yourself [insert painful thing]...I am combining these thread.

One open thread on self-inflicted pain is more than enough.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 03:56 AM

Quote:
yeah =) i thought maybe this could help some people.

and you know what? i just would love to bring this up. i'm a bit of a metalhead, and i hate it when metal is blamed for shit like this.
metal is music that empowers people in most cases, its not there to make you feel like shit. people need to get off My Chemical Romance and listen to REAL metal xD
i always think it is funny when the music is blamed ... people that are affected by the music they listen to are sheep ... and would be affected no matter what it was they listened to.

i listen to some stuff that would make a 'normal' person run and hide ... but i don't go out and strangle the nearest person i find because of it.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-11-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:

I think we need to make a JF Arts&Crafts circle. lol

I think music definitely affects a person's mood. Personally, if I'm upset, I'd try to find cheerful music or something soft/contemporary to create pleasant thoughts. That's my opinion on music. Sometimes it's good to hear louder music because it burns energy and angst.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#40 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since they are basically the same topic (Self-Inclicted Pain and How To Make Yourself [insert painful thing]...I am combining these thread.

One open thread on self-inflicted pain is more than enough.

i think we should keep this thread because i couldnt find that one. probably lost in the General Discussion archive. and it's probably an older thread. and it sounds like its not stopping self inflicted pain? O_o