LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
Okay, here's a question to everyone that believes that Global Warming (or the new pc version: Climate change) - has it killed anyone yet? Can you prove to me that the changes to our atmosphere/climate/planet have actually contributed to the death of even 1 individual? If yes, then its a problem. If you cannot, then its not a problem.
We've been 'polluting' this world for over 2,000 years (I dont know how many exactly, but I'll go by the current year + lots ), why the sudden belief that our technological develpoment is to blame?
There's a difference between now and 2000 years ago. Technology uses chemicals which are not present 2000 years ago. So, I think that's a valiud answer to that. Because 2000 years ago, all men can do to pollute earth is trash and fire. Actually, there's not alot of trash back then.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#32 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-21-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Everytime someone mentions the melting of ice-caps, I can't help but think they're just brainwashed from media... If you check any reputed oceantologist that has concentrated their research around this particular area of the planet, you will see that the melting and freezing of ice-caps is cyclic. So, to state such a thing with certainty makes you look foolish. BUT anyway, lets forget that and say yes, they are just melting because the planet is hot!!! How does that in any way prove it's man made heat (GW)? It is a result of the earth warming up. The earth warming up isn't a result of the ice-caps melting (ooops, I forgot the reflections right???). If you take the ice caps melting to be a cause to the earth warming up, then you're in a paradox (I'll let you figure that out). If you believe it's a contributer, then you should read up on some oceantologists' research...
ok i followed your advice and this is what I have found.

Anxious about global warming

yes there is an opinion and research of ONE OCEANOLOGIST
but but if you read the the second article, there is a warning firmed by 1500 of the most renoun scientists and novel prices about how we have poluted the earth, and they agree global warming is real.

don't know about you but I think this guy is yust trying to make himself a name going against what almost all agree.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-21-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
ok i followed your advice and this is what I have found.

Anxious about global warming

yes there is an opinion and research of ONE OCEANOLOGIST
but but if you read the the second article, there is a warning firmed by 1500 of the most renoun scientists and novel prices about how we have poluted the earth, and they agree global warming is real.

don't know about you but I think this guy is yust trying to make himself a name going against what almost all agree.
Lol the fact is that ONE OCEANOLOGIST has facts which the other 1500 have failed to come up with. It is based on that, not what he says, that any intelligent would form an opinion.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#34 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-22-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Lol the fact is that ONE OCEANOLOGIST has facts which the other 1500 have failed to come up with. It is based on that, not what he says, that any intelligent would form an opinion.
did you read the article you just posted what you think,
as you said information is needed to form an opinion.
also I have given you another set of facts that refute what this oceanologist implies.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
(#35 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-22-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
did you read the article you just posted what you think,
as you said information is needed to form an opinion.
also I have given you another set of facts that refute what this oceanologist implies.
Yes I read the article. Its findings are 16-17 years old, an eternity in scientific terms.

There have been many more findings since then.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#36 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-22-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Yes I read the article. Its findings are 16-17 years old, an eternity in scientific terms.

There have been many more findings since then.
exactly, also the warning was made in 1996 and I think nobody paid attention and the efects of it are showing, now most people recognise it.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
(#37 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-22-2009, 12:44 AM

Quote:
exactly, also the warning was made in 1996 and I think nobody paid attention and the efects of it are showing, now most people recognise it.
I mean that there have been findings and more research to the contrary.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#38 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-22-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I mean that there have been findings and more research to the contrary.
I know what you mean, yust playing with your words alittle, sorry about that,
but really there is research from both sides of the theme, just saying that in my research,
there is more credibility in the side of global warming, and for the experiences I have: as aresult of it semidesertic areas are transforming into total deserts, or at least are in severe drought for afew years now, I know afew places were it's already a reality.

And also I know that most of the researches against it are sponsored by car companies and the oil produccion industry.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!

Last edited by zed : 01-22-2009 at 01:14 AM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
The people who die from hurricanes, in which the numbers of them are increasing form global warming every year isn't enough for you? And since when do we need human casualties to understand that this a huge problem?

2,000 years? A little bit overdramatic, don't you think?
Starting from stone age to the industrial times the pollution was nothing compared with the pollution in these days, because in those times the human population wasn't so big as it is right now, trees weren't cut that much as they are right now, and people weren't dependent so much from oil and natural gas as they are right now.
I know all about hurricanes, having lived in Florida for many years. America's former national hurricane expert says "global warming" is not true. Sea temperatures are no long increasing, and haven't increased in years. There were far more and stronger hurricanes in the early 20th century than there are now.

Don't speak about something you know nothing about. That is the problem with this entire debate, people repeat things they've heard about global warming, somehow thinking that because they've heard it on the news or read it in a book that it must be true.

Look at the numbers and charts yourself, but look at the newer ones. Global warming proponents are still showing graphs formulated before Nasa indicated the flaw in their temperature measuring system, which changed the hottest year on record from 2005 to 1936. You are being lied to by the global warming/climate change crowd, and don't realize it.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2009, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
I feel like bashing someones head up against the wall everytime I hear "global warming doesnt exist"

Lee, its true global warming hasnt killed anyone, but its killing out planet. Our home. So much pollution in the air and water for so many years is and does have an effect on the planet. If you havent notice (or just havent bothered to) the polar ice caps are melting, you want proof of that look up pictures of them, what 30, 40 yrs ago? and find a more recent pircture of the ice caps now and give me one good explanation as to why so much ice is gone. As an effect of the ice melting, the ocean is rising. Small islands are going to dissapear and beaches are going to get smaller and the ocean is going to start creeping up into the town/cities/villages that are close to the beach. Plus I've noticed changes in the weather. I moved to Florida from PR in 03 and the summer was hot as hell and the winter freezing (at least for me ) now the summer are hotter than I remember and this last october was cold. It wasnt last year or the years before that. And in december, where I once remembered it being cold/freezing the years before, this year it was warm. {Has anyone else notice changes in the weather??? :/}

Also few of us have to deal with hurricanes and such, but those of us who have had to,
1- have noticed that the few that form their intencity that there starting to form themselves is stronger than years before
and 2- should have noticed that if you havent

And somewhere in the thread someone mentioned the forests that used to be abundant thru out the planet, ppl keep in mind that plants and trees is where we get our clean oxygen from >.>

And someone pointed a finger at the factories(and some other stuff) that every single country has(even if its just one, small factory), and yes they are the blame for the mass amount of carbon dioxide that is being released into the atmosphere, and yes the atmosphere already has carbon dioxide naturaly but to much of it is whats causing global warming, so since factories are created by humans, yes we are to blame for throwing our planet downt the shit hole.
Try and bash my head child. Global warming is not real.

Here's some logic for you. What is pollution, and where does if come from?

Where are the rising sea levels promised by the climate change crowd? You live in Florida, don't you? Have you noticed that the sea level is the same? That, in fact, it has not changed so much as an inch since measurements have been kept?

You say that this last summer was the hottest one you've experienced, have you looked at the average temperatures over the last 100 years to see if that is really true? It's not, you'll find that last summer, and the summers before it were cooler than the summers of the early 20th century. 2005 was the only year which came close, and each summer since then has actually been cooler.

Global warming is not happening, that's why it is now called "climate change".

Read: Friends of Science

Last edited by Sangetsu : 01-22-2009 at 03:28 AM.