JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-19-2009, 04:58 AM

It's not as common now, probably, but racist people have used the term before in this day and age. I have a friend whose friend is extremely racist, who of which he usually avoids. He still uses the whole "monkey" thing referring to blacks being idiots, stupid, slow, etc.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 04:59 AM

Tenchu, you don't live in America, so I wouldn't expect you to understand, but any remote comparison of blacks and monkeys (or apes, in this case) is strictly taboo.

Howard Cosell, Look at that little monkey run
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
You'd be surprised how present American culture and media is in my life in Thailand... but yes, this one has missed me.

But consider, people think it is offensive to sterio type American Indians as riding on bare horse back in leather clothes with face paint on and a bow and arrow. But was there any notion of racism about pics like this below?

There are no depictions of Native Americans in that cartoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
The point is, America has gone from being overly racist of colored people to overly protective of them almost over night, and now some poor stupid singer girl is wanted to pay $4 million for pulling a face... loving ridiculous...
Close, but not quite. The IMAGE of America has gone from being overly racist to overly protective overnight. No racist stopped being racist just because Obama was elected. The world just realized that America isn't nearly as racist as many parts of it thought it was. America didn't change...just the world's impression of it.

And I have no idea what your last sentence is about...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

02-19-2009, 08:43 AM

I remember I read online news about Chimp attacked her friend and the police shot him poor chimp. He's snapped. O.O;; I think it's mean and racist. =/

And I don't think America is a free country I not believe in freedom. in US people lost their jobs a lot in economy going to worst it made me sad for people who lost jobs and also lose their homes too. Freedom not mean free 'cause army told people that That's true Do you/people have a job, home, and somethings you or people think it free bills/taxes? No way Never happen not made free bill/taxes sorry....

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbott View Post
I remember I read online news about Chimp attacked her friend and the police shot him poor chimp. He's snapped. O.O;; I think it's mean and racist. =/
You think the police shot the chimp out of racism?

Oh my...

What the heck is going on around here lately?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

Talking 02-19-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
What do you mean? Japan has been doing it for years.

Myths and truths about Japan's stimulus - Jan. 21, 2009
I'm well aware of it. Japan's situation is more dire than America's. Japan remains a "creditor" nation only because the national debt is kept internal. In reality, when you compare the GDP of Japan and America, Japan's national debt is much higher than America's.

America does not need to spend money on any kind of "stimulus" program. In order to fund this stimulus plan, you must tax the people (in this case, borrow it and make our children and grandchildren repay it) to get the money. Why go such a roundabout way? Why not just not tax anyone in the first place? Then we'll have their own money to spend, which we can do with a little more wisdom than the government can.

When all is said and done, right now, how much of your money do you actually get to keep after all tax is paid or withheld? Federal income tax, Social Security, state income tax, sales tax, property tax, utility tax (look at your electric, phone, cable, and gas bills). There are 43 different taxes on gasoline alone. Tax is increased each year, and in exchange we get fewer/lower quality services for it.

Government bureaucracy has become a class unto itself, and is the least productive of any the classes in society.

What's worse is that the stimulus bill contains legislation which pretty much destroys the 1996 Welfare Reform Act. One of the few reasons that the economy grew strongly in the 90's until recently is because more people were working and less were collecting benefits. The stimulus bill does not have an expiration date on it, these changes in law are more or less permanent, which is why some governors are opposed to the stimulus program. Once the federal money is spent, states will be required to fund these programs on their own. And how exactly will they do that? By increasing taxes even further.

The stimulus bill is another example of the cure being worse than the disease. The government has mismanaged our economy for decades, setting the stage for the problems we are facing now. Our federal tax code varies between 2500 and 60,000 pages, depending on which politician you ask about it. No one really knows, yet they are content to add another couple hundred regulations to it, adding them so quickly that very few people have actually had the time to look at them and understand them.

None of these morons in Washington can balance their own checkbooks without help, and yet we allow them to spend our money as they see fit. Does anyone else see any problems with this picture? Barney Frank is one of the worst offenders, yet he is the chairman of the Banking and Finance Committee.

Obama promised change, and its coming in spades...

end of rant

Last edited by Sangetsu : 02-19-2009 at 09:16 AM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

02-19-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbott View Post

And I don't think America is a free country I not believe in freedom. in US people lost their jobs a lot in economy going to worst it made me sad for people who lost jobs and also lose their homes too. Freedom not mean free 'cause army told people that That's true Do you/people have a job, home, and somethings you or people think it free bills/taxes? No way Never happen not made free bill/taxes sorry....
What? How much have you had to drink tonight?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
02-20-2009, 04:30 AM

I thought that it was absolutely RACIST!!! . What the hell were they thinking putting that cartoon in the newspapers?! They are so F**king stupid. I hope they lose their jobs over this. But then again I don't because jobs are scarce nowadays.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
02-20-2009, 05:10 AM

Dude just calm down things like this happens all the time.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#30 (permalink))
Old
angelbott (Offline)
WHO ARE YOU!?!?! O.O?

02-20-2009, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You think the police shot the chimp out of racism?

Oh my...

What the heck is going on around here lately?
no I was read news of online it say the police shot the chimp i think the polices laugh at the chimp for stupid reason. =/ It lottle sound little rude for that. =/ If they have pets like as chimp they're calm and good pet but chimp is snapped That's why he attacked her friend that's scary...

..I don't know I think it gonna bad happens...

My first language is sign language 'cause I am born deaf and second is English it's hard understand for me sometimes my memory not good for I try writes right story/grammer of english okay? And read them too. So Deal with it.