(#11 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-19-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
And if the cop said "They better get a new advocate for the stimulus bill." then I would say "Yup, that's racist."
But whos stimulus bill is it? Its not just Pelosi or Harry Reids its Obamas too, just because he didnt write doesnt mean he wasnt a big influence I essentially can say its his--everyone else does.

I still see a problem with the satire of a killing of a chimp and comparing it to an event thats completely irrelevant to what the stimulus bill is. Its wrong and stupid and they're yet to notice there problem. Now what on earth does that current event have to do with Stimulus bill, regardless of what they explained I see no clear definition as to what that has to do with the bill he just signed.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
But whos stimulus bill is it? Its not just Pelosi or Harry Reids its Obamas too, just because he didnt write doesnt mean he wasnt a big influence I essentially can say its his--everyone else does.

I still see a problem with the satire of a killing of a chimp and comparing it to an event thats completely irrelevant to what the stimulus bill is. Its wrong and stupid and they're yet to notice there problem. Now what on earth does that current event have to do with Stimulus bill, regardless of what they explained I see no clear definition as to what that has to do with the bill he just signed.
There is not doubt about the fact it is a tasteless and unfunny joke. I see it as taking the popular stance that Congress is full of monkeys.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

02-19-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
There is not doubt about the fact it is a tasteless and unfunny joke. I see it as taking the popular stance that Congress is full of monkeys.
I agree with you completely that it is tasteless and non-funny, but it they were using that angle did they have to shoot one dead. Its not ethically correct either infact its evil. They have no scruples and didnt make an apology or any such thing.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
I agree with you completely that it is tasteless and non-funny, but it they were using that angle did they have to shoot one dead. Its not ethically correct either infact its evil. They have no scruples and didnt make an apology or any such thing.
Well, a chimp was just shot dead by police in Connecticut (it was attacking a woman)...that's why they did that.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

02-19-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Well, a chimp was just shot dead by police in Connecticut (it was attacking a woman)...that's why they did that.
Sure i know this, I do watch the news.The point I was trying to make is what does that current event have to do with the current signing of the stimulus bill, people may compare congress to chimps but it seemingly has nothing to do with Obama signing the stimulus. It was stupid and pointless to compare anyone to a dead chimp. and even useless to compare the chimp to the stimulus bill its not dead yet.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Sure i know this, I do watch the news.The point I was trying to make is what does that current event have to do with the current signing of the stimulus bill, people may compare congress to chimps but it seemingly has nothing to do with Obama signing the stimulus. It was stupid and pointless to compare anyone to a dead chimp. and even useless to compare the chimp to the stimulus bill its not dead yet.
That I can 100% agree with.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

02-19-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
That I can 100% agree with.

I just think we outta give Obama a chance to do his job. People want to shove him aside so easily and hope he fails but I guess they dont see that if he fails we all fail. Hopefully this helps out the financial crisis, and keeps some people in their homes.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

02-19-2009, 03:04 AM

I don't think they intended for it to be racist... but it's a stupid move, nonetheless.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
What a load of BS. Americans jumping up and down over nothing again...
Actually the article is from Guardian UK. I saw nothing about this reported in any American media...at least not yet.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-19-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
What is racist about that?

It is an insult to Obama, to potray him as an ape. How does it tie to his skin color, but? Not to mention, I don't think it was meant like that. I think the joke is they shot the monkey who attacked that woman, and that monkey was supposed to sign the bill, but is now dead. I am not sure the monkey was actually supposed to be Obama...

What a load of BS. Americans jumping up and down over nothing again...
For the most part, African Americans/blacks have a long history with being associated with being "stupid monkeys" and such. If one hadn't known about the unfortunate incident with the chimp a couple of days ago, I'm sure most anyone would consider that toon racist. Even though Obama didn't write the stimulus bill, he's still the most associated with it and when people think of the bill, they more than likely think of Obama. To someone who has seen racism or have gone through it or have had relatives and such who have gone through it, you can possibly understand why they would consider this cartoon bordering racism or just view it as downright racist.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 02-19-2009 at 04:45 AM.