LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

03-11-2009, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
seems to me that adults are dumber than kids>.< but sadly nothing can be done about that.
Yea i think so...adults seems like they dont want to open up to new stuff and therefore they dont like it.

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Yoruhoshi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Yoruhoshi
03-11-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
@yoruhoshi: wow the two teachers are awesome!!! lol
Yeah, they were! I was really lucky to end up with them. My Latin teacher even used DragonBallZ to advertise her class when she was just starting out. She has me on her speeddial, as well as all her other anime geek students. She's totally awesome.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

03-11-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruhoshi View Post
Yeah, they were! I was really lucky to end up with them. My Latin teacher even used DragonBallZ to advertise her class when she was just starting out. She has me on her speeddial, as well as all her other anime geek students. She's totally awesome.
lucky!! i wish i had teachers like that!! lol well my lit teacher last semester plays grand theft auto...lol he says that he has to do kill all the druggys on there so he wouldnt kill them at school lol

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#34 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
03-11-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruhoshi View Post
I think that if there weren't dumb people in the world, we smart people wouldn't know that we were.

But yeah, I know how that feels. And picking on anyone just for their interests or disinterests is a form of harrassment, and frankly, I for one, think it oughtn't be tolerated.
humans are selfish, we ruin everything for everything else. i think if someone was truly smart they would do every other part of ...everything a favor and kill themselves...because we arent helping anything but ourselves. im sorry im going off topic, ill stop

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Sublymonal (Offline)
Official Churro Tester

03-11-2009, 03:05 AM

All the time I am the butt of many a joke due to my inherent fondness of Japanese culture. The trick is to not let them get to you. Yes, Japan is quite strange compared to the culture of America, but what does that matter? If you love something, do not let others tarnish it. However, you must not allow yourself to drop down to their level and retaliate. You may ask, "How can one accomplish those seemingly paradoxical tasks simultaneously?" It is rather simple really: love. One religious text says, "Love your neighbor as you love yourself", which is a great principle to follow, whether you choose to follow that religion or not. You'll find that if you respond with love rather than anger, people will begin to respect you [or, at the very least, they'll get tired of teasing you].

Oh my! That was quite a long-winded and philosophical response! I apologize to any who have trouble deciphering the meaning of my overly eloquent response!

Meet ケイクヨ, the Cactus King!
(#36 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
03-11-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublymonal View Post
All the time I am the butt of many a joke due to my inherent fondness of Japanese culture. The trick is to not let them get to you. Yes, Japan is quite strange compared to the culture of America, but what does that matter? If you love something, do not let others tarnish it. However, you must not allow yourself to drop down to their level and retaliate. You may ask, "How can one accomplish those seemingly paradoxical tasks simultaneously?" It is rather simple really: love. One religious text says, "Love your neighbor as you love yourself", which is a great principle to follow, whether you choose to follow that religion or not. You'll find that if you respond with love rather than anger, people will begin to respect you [or, at the very least, they'll get tired of teasing you].

Oh my! That was quite a long-winded and philosophical response! I apologize to any who have trouble deciphering the meaning of my overly eloquent response!
really not true, there was a kid in my class who got teased all the time and he was never angry at them and the other kids really loved teasing him, really pathetic actually.
they would throw things at him and he would just laugh with them.
when you get angry at someone your not changing your level in anyway, because its all metaphorical.
so i think your advice is good for self esteem, but no use in what it suggests

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Yoruhoshi (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2009, 03:12 AM

Quote:
All the time I am the butt of many a joke due to my inherent fondness of Japanese culture. The trick is to not let them get to you. Yes, Japan is quite strange compared to the culture of America, but what does that matter? If you love something, do not let others tarnish it. However, you must not allow yourself to drop down to their level and retaliate. You may ask, "How can one accomplish those seemingly paradoxical tasks simultaneously?" It is rather simple really: love. One religious text says, "Love your neighbor as you love yourself", which is a great principle to follow, whether you choose to follow that religion or not. You'll find that if you respond with love rather than anger, people will begin to respect you [or, at the very least, they'll get tired of teasing you.
Indeed, once you get the hang of it, dealing with harrassment on a personal level becomes pretty easy. Up until eleventh grade, I was picked on for liking anime, until one of the most popular girls in the school wanted me to draw an anime portrait of her. After that, she and many of the people she were friends with came to be closer to me, and I told them I wasn't too bothered by them picking on me anyway, because I had learned to let it slide off me.

But a school system picking on a harmless club just because they dislike the theme? I'm sorry, but that is an injustice that makes my blood boil.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Sublymonal (Offline)
Official Churro Tester

03-11-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
really not true, there was a kid in my class who got teased all the time and he was never angry at them and the other kids really loved teasing him, really pathetic actually.
they would throw things at him and he would just laugh with them.
when you get angry at someone your not changing your level in anyway, because its all metaphorical.
so i think your advice is good for self esteem, but no use in what it suggests
Ahh, but there is a difference between laughing along with them and what I suggested. I always allow room for a bit 'o "tough love", if you catch my meaning I'm not saying "laugh along with them, and be content even if they're beating you senseless", but rather "respond politely, and avoid major conflicts". Naturally, if conflict cannot be avoided you simply must take action. Though your actions should themselves not overstep the bounds of your morals. If you do that, you are simply degrading yourself.

Meet ケイクヨ, the Cactus King!
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Yoruhoshi (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
lucky!! i wish i had teachers like that!! lol well my lit teacher last semester plays grand theft auto...lol he says that he has to do kill all the druggys on there so he wouldnt kill them at school lol
Whoa, that's a little extreme for a teacher to be saying. 0_o
(#40 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

03-11-2009, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Ahh, but there is a difference between laughing along with them and what I suggested. I always allow room for a bit 'o "tough love", if you catch my meaning I'm not saying "laugh along with them, and be content even if they're beating you senseless", but rather "respond politely, and avoid major conflicts". Naturally, if conflict cannot be avoided you simply must take action. Though your actions should themselves not overstep the bounds of your morals. If you do that, you are simply degrading yourself.
i see what you mean, but im sure hes tried it all before. eventually he punched someone in the face because he was teasing his grades, i think this kid knew that no matter how annoying people are, school is meant to learn, so he went on with his classwork despite the bullies annoyance.