JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-06-2009, 10:18 PM

I think what Ronin is saying is that it will be over so fast and so one-sided that it will hardly be a "war".
(#102 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think what Ronin is saying is that it will be over so fast and so one-sided that it will hardly be a "war".
Even though I love Koreans, I hope he's right.

猿も木から落ちる
(#103 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-06-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Few surgical strikes against North Korea's program sites = North Korea WILL declare war to South Korea, USA, and Japan

Read the links I posted.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Between B2's, Raptors, laser guided bombs(the ones that hit within 3 meters of their target), and a lot of other spooky/crazy(lest we forget 747 Jet that shoots down missiles(uses a laser) will be tested this year*they work apart but this will be the first time used together*) stuff that cause US tax payers money to vanish(like $400 toilet seats), it would be like Grenada.

Don't misinterpret my statement as war mongering, I'm merely stating what NK would be up against if they decided they wanted to go to war. If anything, I could see them holding their own citizen's hostage in some attempt to get the US(or Japan or whoever) to appease them, like Hitler(not holding nation hostage, but appeasement)

And this is random but do China and NK have some agreement if that one gets attacked the other will fight as well(that kind of stuff started WW1 if I remember right)?

Last edited by cridgit001 : 04-06-2009 at 10:31 PM.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-06-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
And this is random but do China and NK have some agreement if that one gets attacked the other will fight as well(that kind of stuff started WW1 if I remember right)?
China only supports North Korea because they don't want to deal with the refugees when the North Korean government is imploded.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-06-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Few surgical strikes against North Korea's program sites = North Korea WILL declare war to South Korea, USA, and Japan

Read the links I posted.
I don't disagree with you.

However, I don't think the primary concern is whether they'll retaliate; they will retaliate. I believe the primary concern is whether they'll initiate an attack on their own... In which case, potentially even more people could die.

Last edited by Jaydelart : 04-06-2009 at 10:48 PM.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-06-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
FFS... learn to read dipshit.
Expressing an idea, "A limited strike would be aimed purely at NK military targets." will piss off many Koreans including me. Do you have any clue?

And the words "FFS" and "dipshit" will only prove that you are not really a "mensh", don't you think?
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-06-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Expressing an idea, "A limited strike would be aimed purely at NK military targets." will piss off many Koreans including me. Do you have any clue?
Just a thought: If it's decided that their technology is inferior to ours... and we eliminate some of their major military assets. Wouldn't that decrease the threat and effeciency of their retaliation?
(#109 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-06-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Just a thought: If it's decided that their technology is inferior to ours... and we eliminate some of their major military assets. Wouldn't that decrease the threat and effeciency of their retaliation?
War isn't all about technology... According to a highest North Korean officials who defected to South Korea, there are thousands of North Korean spies living and working in South Korea, ready to disrupt the South Korean social system at best.

And wasn't there a panic within the South Korean military that some North Korean hacker disrupted the RoK's military database?

Anyway... it's ironically funny to say:

"You guys don't know much about anything happening in South Korea... why would you judge North Korea?"
(#110 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-06-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:

Read the links I posted.
Thanks for those links... interesting stuff.

The link doesn't account for the fuel shortage being experienced in NK at the moment. So straight off the bat, even if things play out for the North Koreans the way the report claims it might... it will not be able to sustain such an intense campaign for very long. It doesn't account for the fact that stealth technology makes the radar defence systems of the North obsolete to surgical strikes. If past recent wars America has fought are anything to go by, salvos of cruise missiles launched by B-52's out of range of any SA-system as well as stealth bomber incursions into North Korea will take care of any anti-air missile network quickly. Allied missile networks as well as allied aircraft will make short work of any of the North Korean Mig-21's that are vaunted as being able to stifle allied air superiority (which is bullshit... In both gulf wars and the various wars Israel had with it's neighbours, Mig pilots couldn't even come close to the US made planes. The author seems to think that closing the distance is as easy said as it is done. Also training makes a hell of a difference. Allied pilots are far better trained than their North Korean counterparts if the first Korean war is anything to go by. Things were a lot more even then with the Mig-19 against the Sabre-F86.. and even then the kill ratio of American pilots against North Korean was 10:1 I believe.) It relies on the idea that North Korea will maintain air superiority after a war is initiated. To destroy a carrier group you have to find it first and either use satellites to guide missiles in (which NK doesn't have) or rely on heat or radar signatures to guide it in. Again it relies on the idea that the North has an ability to operate reliably outside it's borders at will. That might be true initially... after all NK has a considerable fleet of submarines and warships. But these warships are no match for the allied ones.

Iraq under Saddam Hussein also boasted one of the most formidable fighting forces on the planet at the height of his power during the invasion of Kuwait. It succumbed in weeks.