LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-11-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
But being very ignorant to Asian geopolitics is so low and unprofessional.
I wouldn't call it ignorance. You make it sound like the North Koreans have the upper hand. They don't. America knows that it can ignore North Korea pretty much for the foreseeable future. An attack on the US or Japan or SK by North Korea will spell death for the NK regime.

Quote:
Because the confrontational attitude towards North Korea did nothing good and it is so tiresome.

America just recently made an attempt to establish peace with Iran... why can't America do it to North Korea?
The confrontational attitude works for the Americans and it's allies in upholding it's interests. The same for peace with Iran. There is nothing more to this.
(#182 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You are talking about the stimulus package that was passed just before Bush exited office. This was the package that was over 1000 pages and had been put together for months until a last minute negotiation that changes a few percentage points. Some republican senators liked to spout the fact that that "no one had time to read it", but it was like watching "Titanic", and then voting on "Titanic, The Director's Cut" with a few minutes of changes. OK, maybe you hadn't seen this version, but don't pretend like you hadn't seen the movie.
Obama signed the stimulus package into law. So I do not think where talking about the same thing. Even so, he only signed on to it, mainly being the democrat bill not his. Also on the this whole "director cut" idea of a bill, I don't care for what changes that happen to a bill, they better will see to it that it is in the peoples interest. They are after all our ELECTED officials. Also the package was signed into law on FEB 17, 2009. One more thing it was 1100 pages. Might I add one of the main things Obama said he would show is transparency? Meaning that We the people should of had more then 12 hours to actually look at the bill online.

The house passed an 819 billion, which got toned done to 787 billion in the senate. it's not that no one had time to read it it's the fact that they gave no time to read it, and pretty much no one in congress has read the full thing. That's a serious problem.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#183 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
04-11-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Kim Jong Il: Now you see, the changing of the worrd is inevitabre!
Lisa: I'm sorry, it's what?
Kim Jong Il: Inevit, inevitabre.
Lisa: One more time.
Kim Jong Il: [shouts] Inevitabre! Things are inevitabrey going to change! Goddamnit, open your fucking ears!

Kim Jong Il: It will be 911 times 2356.
Chris: My God, that's... I don't even know what that is!
Kim Jong Il: Nobody does!
LMAO i thought this was funny as hell.

MMM I dont know how you do it man. I am good friends with political science professor even though its been years since iv graduated. I sat him down last night and made him read this entire thread and his face said it alone.

His only comment "I fear for the future if this is what the next generation consist of"

Last edited by Sinestra : 04-11-2009 at 04:29 PM.
(#184 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-11-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
LMAO i thought this was funny as hell.

MMM I dont know how you do it man. I am good friends with political science professor even though its been years since iv graduated. I sat him down last night and made him read this entire thread and his face said it alone.

His only comment "I fear for the future if this is what the next generation consist of"
I'm curious as to what he fears, did he say specifically or did he give an general broad term? that said I do hope he doesn't discount others opinions. Same as to conservatism too.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#185 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I have nothing to say? It's my fault for trying to squeeze blood from a stone. I give facts and ask legitimate questions and you insult my intelligence. I won't make that mistake again.
Your only mistakes were having not enough information and that you have a limited perspective for looking in a "American eye view". Americans don't know naturally about South Korea and they don't want to know about South Korea. Well, I'm not surprised from an American.

I'm not the one who is ignoring you. YOU are the one who is ignoring me by having a very limited perspective as your default view on this issue.

Last edited by komitsuki : 04-11-2009 at 06:18 PM.
(#186 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I wouldn't call it ignorance. You make it sound like the North Koreans have the upper hand. They don't. America knows that it can ignore North Korea pretty much for the foreseeable future. An attack on the US or Japan or SK by North Korea will spell death for the NK regime.
And you're underestimating North Korea's capacity to possibly kill 1/3 of South Korean population in a flash.

We just discussed this. Harping again like before? You are not helping yourself debating.

Quote:
The confrontational attitude works for the Americans and it's allies in upholding it's interests. The same for peace with Iran. There is nothing more to this.
Interest? Not democracy, I say.
(#187 (permalink))
Old
YanBrassard (Offline)
JF Regular

04-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
And you're underestimating North Korea's capacity to possibly kill 1/3 of South Korean population in a flash.
Being able to do it doesn't mean they will do it. Ronin4hire was right. If they attack any country, it's the end of North Korea's regime. Kim Jong Il isn't idiot. He knows that North Korea's military power is not enough to resist to any attack from South Korea, Japan or US. It would be the end of his regime.

Je respecte ceux qui me respectent.
(#188 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanBrassard View Post
Being able to do it doesn't mean they will do it. Ronin4hire was right. If they attack any country, it's the end of North Korea's regime. Kim Jong Il isn't idiot. He knows that North Korea's military power is not enough to resist to any attack from South Korea, Japan or US. It would be the end of his regime.
How do you know Kim Jong-Il knows his military is not powerful enough? There's only varieties of estimate about his military force.

If North Korea will be attacked by some country, it WILL be 1/3 of death in South Korea.

Ronin is definitely wrong.
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
04-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Look both komitsuki and Ronin are right. I hate playing devils advocate because I think its cheap but its warranted this time around. But the question comes down to does Kim Jong think he can pick a fight and WIN or will the international community show ever greater patience then it has already shown. Kim Jong is not stupid by any means a fact that has kept him in power this long, and in his mind his military maybe powerful enough to accomplish the goals he sets forth. In reality could his army withstand a combined assault from American, Japanese and S Korean forces i highly doubt it. The civilian casualties on both sides would be heartbreaking.

My belief is that a conflict will not happen. It has been discussed and debated over for years with nothing happening. N. Korea loves attention and Kim Jong knows how to get the world to look his way. I believe western forces know a great deal about his military capabilities do i think the west knows them all know. No country knows every little dirty military secret another country has hidden. The negatives far out weigh the positives to N. Korea picking a fight and imo Kim Jong knows this. Which is why he uses different tactics to gain what he wants from the west. N Korea stance is like that of cobra a cobra opens the folds on its sides and rears up to look more intimidating than it really is and more often than not it works.

I told myself i was not going to get involved in this discussion because certain people are involved but i really wanted to get this out.

"solemnclockwork"its nothing you said i have read your post and i find them rational and well thought out. My professor just thought a lot of the post show immaturity,shallow and narrow views of exactly how the world and the political system works. He says he fears for the future because he thinks most youngins don't have what it takes to lead in the world. He has been a professor for 40 years taught in many countries. I trust him more than i trust anyone when it comes political and world events he has seen a lot and been through a lot. When it comes to life experience and wisdom there is no substitute.

I ask myself have we really made any progress in the past 100 years. At the end of an argument such as this it always reverts back to nationality or race because your American because your Korean because your Japanese because youre Venezuelan. As this type of thinking persist i have no hope of the world actually working together or becoming more stable in my life time.

(#190 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Yeah. When I first started following global issues, I saw the situation with N. Korea, I thought war would be breaking within weeks... years passed... everyone is all talk.
Because even America knows that just hypothetically conducting a war against North Korea will bring America no good for security and stability in that region.

America, at least, will never wage a conflict towards North Korea in this current situation. And people like Ronin4hire don't want to know this.

- People claiming that USA, South Korea, or Japan should make a plan to take over North Korea militarily are really idiots who ignorant about this issue.

- People looking at North Korea while disrespecting South Korea's perspective are disgraceful and should be barred from discussing about North Korea.

As a South Korean, these people should never discuss about North Korea ever again.

I hate North Korea as well and these kind of people are too dangerous.