(#161 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to cridgit001
04-11-2009, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I didn't say all of you. Surely you know how few people watch the news, yet I watch it for an hour a day (world news from the BBC), 50% of which is usually centered around America since that's just the way things are.
Well I know I'm not in the American Matrix of Media because I don't take the news stations as the end all be all. If anything they are jumping off points for me to do my own reading about it. I usually just watch the Daily Show if I feel like getting any news usually. John seems to be more level-headed than the other "news" anchors. As long as news stations are more concerned about ratings than actual good reporting(ex. "Could something be killing you in your sleep, find out tomorrow at 11"), I have trouble taking them seriously. I am talking about mine in America(CNN, NBC, FOX, and the other main ones), not necessarily everyone else.
(#162 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-11-2009, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Unfortunately, being the US president doesn't give you the ability to not have express an opinion about significant world events.
But being very ignorant to Asian geopolitics is so low and unprofessional.

Quote:
To have no comment is the same as endorsing it. And how could the US possibly endorse N. Korea testing missiles, whether they are intended for S. Korea, Japan, or America itself?
Because the confrontational attitude towards North Korea did nothing good and it is so tiresome.

America just recently made an attempt to establish peace with Iran... why can't America do it to North Korea?
(#163 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-11-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post

Because the confrontational attitude towards North Korea did nothing good and it is so tiresome.

America just recently made an attempt to establish peace with Iran... why can't America do it to North Korea?
....oil?

(10 char)
(#164 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-11-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post

Ignorant to Asian geopolitics? Where in the world did that come from?

My question still remains...what you YOU do different in this situation if you were the American president? Both S. Korea and Japan condemned the launch. Do you contradict our allies' stance?
(#165 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-11-2009, 06:30 AM

If I remember correctly, the Iranian President said he wanted to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Iran leader's comments attacked, which would explain why we don't want them to have nukes.
(#166 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
04-11-2009, 06:31 AM

猿も木から落ちる
(#167 (permalink))
Old
cridgit001 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-11-2009, 06:32 AM

Not when there's killing to be done.
(#168 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Ignorant to Asian geopolitics? Where in the world did that come from?
Because America's current strategic focus is in the Middle East and some parts of South Asia after the Cold War... Not East Asia.

Quote:
My question still remains...what you YOU do different in this situation if you were the American president? Both S. Korea and Japan condemned the launch. Do you contradict our allies' stance?
I can't think like an American... how would I know?

What would you expect from a small American "colony" in East Asia?

You don't know much about North and South Korea anyways. You don't really have a good picture about this issue.
(#169 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

04-11-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cridgit001 View Post
....oil?
North Korea has a high number of skilled workers willing to work in an extremely controlled environment... cheaper than Chinese workers and stricter than Chinese labor environment.
North Korea is one of the fewest countries in the world to have a very "unique" medical discipline in a national scale. It is enough to be worthy for an academic discussion.
North Korea has one of the fastest growing computer software industries in the world. (actually true)

North Korea has something... but they are not material resources.

Last edited by komitsuki : 04-11-2009 at 06:39 AM.
(#170 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-11-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
So Nelson Mandela enorses N. Korean missile programme?

Your logic is flawed. It is not the US job to comment on every foreign matter.

You can comment as long as you like, but it is really doing nothing but giving fat man Kim just what he wants. What you gotta do is a few missile tests of your own in N. Korean waters and see if Kim is all talk or not. You gotta shut the fat bastard up and show him being a dick head wont be tolerated.

There is no point harping on like parrots, it is crunch time.
Did anyone ask Nelson Mandela?

Obama would be asked incessantly until he gave an answer. It may not be the president's "job" but it is the job of the press to get that answer.

If you are saying the answer is for the US to invade N. Korea, well that would be a different approach. So Obama's problem is he doesn't want to enter into a third war....got it.