LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-04-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Sadly, yes, rape is a natural part of human nature.

It is less common nowadays, but before law became so powerful, it was pretty fuckin common. Still, violence in sex remains. Most people who do it do it because they cannot control their natural urges. Why else would they do it?

What is wrong with war, anyway?
I completely disagree

If it is a part of human nature? Why do I have absolutely no urge to go to war OR rape someone OR beat the sh*t out of someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It is wrong because it is not true. Savvy?

Take a look at my avatar, Ronin. What is it? Well, I'll leave the uneducated headache of guessing cat species up to you. But a hint would be, there are less than 40 of them left in the wild. So why is it in my avatar? I feel so damn sad for this meow-meow. Compasion. And if I feel compassion, then you're way wrong, coz I love violence...
You're an idiot who takes things way too literally.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 05-04-2009 at 08:35 AM.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2009, 03:43 PM

I would have to choose Samurai as well. At least the romanticized version of them.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Debi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireGirl1314 View Post
I always do.TT~TT
so really tell me?

i don't get the difference of a ninja and a samurai
A samurai was a feodal noble, pretty much like the european knights. He was a clan warrior.

If a samurai wanted to kill you, he would yell at the public place that you are a coward and would confront you in a duel at a determined place.

___

A ninja was a hired professional to do things like assassination, sabotage, spying or any other cover ops. He was a mercenary.

If a ninja wanted to kill you, he would wait until you sleep at night and slit your throat or poison your food.

Does that give you a good idea ?

Gimme a stick and I'll make a masterpiece out of it, go figure.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Debi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I completely disagree

If it is a part of human nature? Why do I have absolutely no urge to go to war OR rape someone OR beat the sh*t out of someone?
Hmm... is it really your argument ?
Pretty weak, don't you think ?
I let you take it back and find something better.

Have you ever thought about what would happen if rape was legal and socially accepted ?
That is social reason that make us refrain our sexual nature, nothing else.

At some point in social groups, there is only 2 choices left : Submission or Confrontation.

Maybe in your utopic way of thinking everyone should be just the same and have the same ressources but unfortunately, pure communism is a fantasy. There is no such things. Human should be born all equal but they are born differently, some more smarter and stronger than others. Therefore, wealth is distributed unequally. Authority is distributed unequally. That is the nature. The strongest of the lion get all the females while the weakest are kicked out. If the weak one want his share of females, he have to come back and confront the dominant male. Do you really think its so different from humans ??

For exemple, if my family was starving and the only ressources available where at my neighbor and he didn't want to give me any, I would go at war against him to get my share of food.

It's just natural.

Last edited by Debi : 05-04-2009 at 11:26 PM.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
kMal (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to kMal
05-04-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debi View Post
Hmm... is it really your argument ?
Pretty weak, don't you think ?
I let you take it back and find something better.

At some point in social groups, there is only 2 choices left : Submission or Confrontation.

Maybe in your utopic way of thinking everyone should be just the same and have the same ressources but unfortunately, pure communism is a fantasy. There is no such things. Human should be born all equal but they are born differently, some more smarter and stronger than others. Therefore, wealth is distributed unequally. Authority is distributed unequally. That is the nature. The strongest of the lion get all the females while the weakest are kicked out. If the weak one want his share of females, he have to come back and confront the dominant male. Do you really think its so different from humans ??

For exemple, if my family was starving and the only ressources available where at my neighbor and he didn't want to give me any, I would go at war against him to get my share of food.

It's just natural.
I agree with the big picture. Although, there are a lot of other processes and factors involved in our ways of thinking than we could imagine.

music reflects the soul of the man
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Debi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMal View Post
I agree with the big picture. Although, there are a lot of other processes and factors involved in our ways of thinking than we could imagine.
Yeah.

Fortunately, our little debate is not broadcasted worldwide and not judged by professional sociologist or whatever.

This is pretty much like any common kitchen table chatting

(#117 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2009, 11:45 PM

Technically speaking, rape is not human nature. It is in no way instinctual. To dominate over those weaker than you is an animal trait, and to procreate is an animal trait. Sure, rape happens in nature, but it is not as usual as mates choosing each other. Human nature is to actually think about your actions and decide whether or not said actions are really right or wrong. Yes, humans have animal instincts but we also have what you have referred to as human nature. Neither of those consist of rape though.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Debi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
Technically speaking, rape is not human nature. It is in no way instinctual. To dominate over those weaker than you is an animal trait, and to procreate is an animal trait. Sure, rape happens in nature, but it is not as usual as mates choosing each other. Human nature is to actually think about your actions and decide whether or not said actions are really right or wrong. Yes, humans have animal instincts but we also have what you have referred to as human nature. Neither of those consist of rape though.
I guess our problem is to correctly define what we mean by human nature.

I always have in mind the prehistocial man who club the woman to mate her.

Anyway, in my way of thinking, I don't see a lot of difference between animals and humans. For me, humans are just animals with bigger brain which bring it to a new level of thinking and reasoning. I guess it's part of human superiority complex over the others elements of nature to put themselves on a very high pedestal.

Anyway, what does it all have to do with samurai and ninja !

Ice ice baby... Go Ninja Go Ninja Go !.

Last edited by Debi : 05-04-2009 at 11:54 PM.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2009, 02:03 AM

would choose....samurai i respect them more but if i had to choose abilities i would choose ninja
(#120 (permalink))
Old
usagiprincess (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2009, 02:51 AM

I like both, but I go for the Samurai. I seem to be more drawn to them.