LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Do consider that keyboards or mouse won't die so soon even if a decent voice technology is released, they are not dying to touch, let alone voice.

Also, Natal is an unreleased technology, it's a new technology. that is the innovation. Voice recognition, like you said, is not at this point yet. Based on what? Stuff you've seen till now? All of them are inferior to what Natal showed us.
I have no fear that my keyboard won't remain a keyboard for a long time to come. My point is, Milo wasn't introduced live and in person, but on a premade video. Yes, Natal has been demonstrated using live people, but not Milo.

Put it this way, if the voice recognition functions of Natal are as amazing as what was shown in the video, you would think that in 5 minutes he would have mentioned it at least once. He didn't and didn't demonstrate it live, which tells me, like you said, isn't there yet.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-17-2009, 11:53 PM

if milo was that advanced, john connor would be shitting in his pants. even with the technology for the system to locate your movements, there will be lag time from the point you move your arms and the point the computer processes it and animates it to the screen. i bet there will be problems locating your movements, hell, even nintendo wii's controller has a hard time locating your movements and there's something PHYSICALLY there to hold and process where your hands are pointing and moving and sensor bar etc. bleh i bet the best games will always be controlled via a controller
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-18-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
My Wi was on Ebay before the movie was over.
The only problem is the new Wii technology is available now. Who knows when Natal is coming out?
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-18-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Lol what new Wii technology?? Did i miss something?
Wii MotionPlus...available now (though I don't think any games that support it are out yet)
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-18-2009, 02:12 PM

I'm very pessimistic about this whole Natal hype. And yet I see people all over the internet jumping quickly to conclusions.

The two videos didn't really impress me,as I saw many flaws in them, like in first video where the girl is playing F1 racing game. I wish to see you play a game holding your hands like that, you'd get tired before the race finishes. Which means controllers will still be needed to play racing games, so natal doesn't really show anything new in this department.
Next, there the kid playing Godzilla. If you'll look at his legs you'll notice that he needs to move forward so that the monster would move too. And that's quite difficult and not very comfortable if you don't have a very spacious room. The same thing will go with any game that require lots of movement and I can't wait to see how they're gonna fix the problem.
Then, there's the skateboard game. Well, it proves that Natal doesn't exactly recognize body movements. It looked more like the kid was timing the movements with the game, and not really playing.
And of course the Milo video. "Milo is a character that can recognize us, he can recognize our faces, he can recognize our voices, he can recognize emotions in us". Now all we need is for Milo to make his own decisions and we've got ourselves a genuine AI., and the more I watched, the more I doubted, I got the same impression as in the skateboard scene, it seemed to me like the girl is talking in the right moment while program is running. Well, even if I'm wrong about that, you'll still get bored quickly playing games that are made solely for interacting and yet have limited dialog options.

In the end the point of my post is - to people who already started dreaming about playing games like Final Fantasy or Halo on Natal, I'm gonna have to disappoint you. it'll take 3-5 years for companies to start creating games where you can freely move and have complete interaction with non-playable characters. The way I see it right now, Natal is just a candy-coated Wii console, except without a Wii controller.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-18-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Wii MotionPlus...available now (though I don't think any games that support it are out yet)
The Sony motion thing killed it... was much better.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-18-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
It is used on wii sports resort and may be useable in the new punch out game. The wii motin plus is supposed to give you 1:1 motion sensitiviy.

When i watched the first video it just looked fake at first like how would it know exactly what you were doing if you were in a fighting game? it would see that a motion was made but it wouldn't exactly mimic you i have seen this on the wii on soul caliber on the wii it somewhat follows your motion but it dosn't exactly mimic you it gets a little close to the general direction of your movement and i just can not imagine this without a reference point.

Also when the boy scanned his skateboard into the game it was cool but how did it fill in the design that was underneath his fingers?

It looks like it is way to hyped up. It looks fun but i just do not think it is going to be as good as it looks.

The thing about milo looked kind of wrote. Was that supposed to be a video game?? i wouldn't want to play that onelol. It seemed interactive but that was not her first time playing and he wasn't really talking to her as much as mimicing what she said at best but it is most likely that she knew what he was going to say so she said somthing that would work with what he would use to reply.

If i didn't know this was actually at E3 i would have just assumed it was a fake video.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
In the end the point of my post is - to people who already started dreaming about playing games like Final Fantasy or Halo on Natal, I'm gonna have to disappoint you. it'll take 3-5 years for companies to start creating games where you can freely move and have complete interaction with non-playable characters. The way I see it right now, Natal is just a candy-coated Wii console, except without a Wii controller.
Natal is at its very early stage of development. It's not gonna come anytime soon, probably it will released to developers before us so when it gets released it has games already. I predict 1-2 years for developers and 3-5 (like you said) for us, along with a new XBox (I heard they were gonna throw one soon).

Plus, all hardware isn't perfect at first release.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-18-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
The Sony motion thing killed it... was much better.
Except for the fact that the Sony motion thing doesn't exist yet.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

06-18-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Except for the fact that the Sony motion thing doesn't exist yet.
are you talking about the motion conrol in the ps3 remote? It works okay but it just knows if you turn the controller not really even the same as the wii or the natal thing.