JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
Project Natal - 06-17-2009, 09:54 PM

(This isn't really fitting for the Japanese Video games and toys forum, or the video thread, there was a little bit aobut it in the E3 thread but I feel as though something this big needs its own thread))

Alright, if you guys haven't heard about it.
Watch.
YouTube - E3 2009: Project Natal Xbox 360 Announcement

Move over Wii.

What Project Natal does is takes gaming, straps some dynamite to it, and blows it all to hell.

Natal is the revolution of gaming as we know it. It takes the Wii and cranks it up times 10. It can learn who you are, what you look like, how you feel, it can feel you and see you.

This video seals the deal for me.
YouTube - Project Natal: Meet Milo

Milo, oh, my, god.
RPG's and Adventure games as we know it are over.
Think about it, RPG's where you can really get to know your party, you get to completely immerse yourself into the game and fill your role in it.

..Natal isn't about. gaming, its taking the next step twords virtual reality.

So, discuss.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

06-17-2009, 09:58 PM

Hype machine oil sure smells pungent, doesn't it?

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
06-17-2009, 10:42 PM

that milo thing brings a new meaning to imaginary friends hahaha

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-17-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
that milo thing brings a new meaning to imaginary friends hahaha
Thats for sure...the hype that I got from it was nuts though.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
06-17-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Thats for sure...the hype that I got from it was nuts though.
when they come out with a first person shooter with it ill be much more excited

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-17-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
when they come out with a first person shooter with it ill be much more excited
Wonder how that'd work. You make a gun with your hand? Pew pew! Lmao.

For RPGs it might be cool but it's strange how it'll work with anything other than racing games and RPGs...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-17-2009, 10:54 PM

One thing I noticed is that they point out some incredible innovations here, BUT he never discusses the verbal interaction going on between the lady and Milo, which makes me suspicious that they both are following a script. Not once did he not understand her. Voice recognition software really is not at this point (if it was why would I be using my fingers to type this?)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

06-17-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
One thing I noticed is that they point out some incredible innovations here, BUT he never discusses the verbal interaction going on between the lady and Milo, which makes me suspicious that they both are following a script. Not once did he not understand her. Voice recognition software really is not at this point (if it was why would I be using my fingers to type this?)
Exactly, i was thinking about that and it was a huge bummer to me, some of it had to be scripted for sure.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-17-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I noticed this too ages ago, which is why I never was too hyped about this. So far, it seems interesting, but not as amazing as they make it sound.

The whole thing could be programmed.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#10 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-17-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Do consider that keyboards or mouse won't die so soon even if a decent voice technology is released, they are not dying to touch, let alone voice.

Also, Natal is an unreleased technology, it's a new technology. that is the innovation. Voice recognition, like you said, is not at this point yet. Based on what? Stuff you've seen till now? All of them are inferior to what Natal showed us.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?