JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
AlexReal (Offline)
JF Regular

07-09-2009, 05:33 PM

"I think you are just as bad as the type of Westerners who look down on Asians." - Output wrong and unreasonable)))
(#32 (permalink))
Old
SvanteH (Offline)
New to JF

07-10-2009, 08:31 PM

I have full respect for foreign countries nor do I look down on people (or so I would like to think).

That's all I have to say

/A proud European

I'm tired in doing nothing, so I think I'll start doing something ~
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-11-2009, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexReal View Post
"I think you are just as bad as the type of Westerners who look down on Asians." - Output wrong and unreasonable)))
How so?

You seem to be resentful towards the West because of your perception that Western ideas have infiltrated Eastern culture. This is just as bad as those Westerners who perceive Eastern culture as inferior.

Why?

Because you make the mistake of giving ideas an identity. There is no such thing as Western ideas, Eastern ideas etc. if you think about it. The only kinds of ideas I can think of are good ideas and bad ideas. Ideas that work and ideas that don't.

If you were to ask me (a Westerner) I would tell you that one of the most stupid and irrational ideas that has come about in the world is theistic religion which is perpetuated to the biggest extent, in the West and the Middle East.

So there are plenty of bad ideas in the West too.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-11-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
If you were to ask me (a Westerner) I would tell you that one of the most stupid and irrational ideas that has come about in the world is theistic religion which is perpetuated to the biggest extent, in the West and the Middle East.

So there are plenty of bad ideas in the West too.
Yeah. I hate Constantine.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…