LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
bELyVIS@ wtf? Are you encouraging every victim to learn karate and beat their bullier's ass? I thought one of the ground rules of learning karate is to swear never to use it for own benefit unless you're actually in a deadly situation. As karate is pretty hardcore.. O_O

Yin@ I'm a foreigner. O_O I don't understand the QFT-part, noona.
Do what ever it takes. Didn't you read my post? I said I tried to talk my way out of it and he attacked me. I encourage anyone who is bullied to learn a martial art.
My guess is that you have not had any training in this so you don't understand what you are taught in Karate. I could have been just as injured, or more, if I didn't use Karate.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#132 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

I'd actually have to agree with what bELyVIS there. He let the fight come to him, and then dealt with the situation which made sure it never happened again.

I'd tell my kids to do the same thing.
Thanks. Yes, it is good to teach your children not to accept abuse from anyone.

(#133 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
At SCHOOL? Wtf is wrong with this world?
Let's say about 3% of school students know martial arts in whatever kind. That means 97% don't. Is that fair, you think? It's fine to kick your bullier's ass, but breaking his leg causing him to sit in a wheelchair for a year is just not cool. Doing that made people FEAR you, not respect you for standing up for yourself.
Anything is fair to protect yourself. I didn't tell you about the kid who smashed my teeth(and cut my lip and broke my front tooth) into a drinking fountain while I had my back to him and getting a drink. Do you think this is fair?
If 97% of kids don't know Karate, be careful you don't bully one of the 3% of us.
And I could careless if people feared me or respected me as long as I wasn't hurt. If they respected others, there would be no bullying.

(#134 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
07-21-2009, 02:49 PM

bELyVIS@ Fair enough. Your opinion is yours.
lol, is that a threat?

Btw; please just go back and edit your post instead of posting multiple times.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#135 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

07-21-2009, 03:03 PM

I dont see any problem with the karate. If someone attacks you then you have to defend yourself.

I think its funny how people see the karate thing as like a weapon of doom. You don't have to know karate to beat someone up who knows karate.lol
(#136 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
bELyVIS@ Fair enough. Your opinion is yours.
lol, is that a threat?

Btw; please just go back and edit your post instead of posting multiple times.
BTW I didn't have time. Are you a Mod? I was on break at work and besides you posted multiple times.

(#137 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-21-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
There's a difference between fighting back fairly and using freaking karate.

Besides, I don't think the bully is the main problem. The people standing around WATCHING the incidents are the issue. If people stood up and told the bully to buggar off, he/she would come together fast and leave whoever alone.
Since when has bullying been about fighting fairly? If you bully someone then whatever they do to defend themselves is 100% fair. Bullying in the first place isn't "fair".
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-21-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when has bullying been about fighting fairly? If you bully someone then whatever they do to defend themselves is 100% fair. Bullying in the first place isn't "fair".
LOL. Hand it to 'em, MMM!

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#139 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-21-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
At SCHOOL? Wtf is wrong with this world?
Let's say about 3% of school students know martial arts in whatever kind. That means 97% don't. Is that fair, you think? It's fine to kick your bullier's ass, but breaking his leg causing him to sit in a wheelchair for a year is just not cool. Doing that made people FEAR you, not respect you for standing up for yourself.
Fear is good.

I've only snapped once, and that was when a kid was shoving my head down a toilet. I broke his nose. The next day, he kept bullying me.

Now if I had broken his leg. It would have ended.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#140 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

07-21-2009, 03:43 PM

If someone hit me first, I wouldn't make a conscious decision to hit them back with equal force. When someone hits me I don't think, 'uh oh, we've got a problem here, but I musn't hit them too hard, that's morally wrong!'

I'll hit them back with as much force as I can muster! Being hit in the face makes most people very angry, and you just don't think about hitting someone back when you are mad. As said by MMM, bullying isn't a fair game, and if someone chooses to start that with me then what ever they get back is their own fault.

I wouldn't give a damn if I broke his legs and paralyzed him forever, that's what you get for being an asshole in life.