JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-01-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_requiem View Post
Well, that short conversation was...interesting to say the least, lol. I mean, you can still be friendly and pleasant without giving any personal info, so what's the big deal? And one thing I don't see what people don't understand, if you feel pressured or something, give false info. If the predator does, so can you. Say you're Taz Kwando from Madagascar when you're really Sarah Joe from Pennsylvania. Of course, the best info is no info at all, but in theory I think it'd be funny. Though, I'm not really up-to-date with technology, predators can't track the exact location of your computer via satellite/internet, can they?
Nah. There are ways but, you have to consent to doing it. They would have to get your home adress and what-not..google maps ftw lol

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#12 (permalink))
Old
wolf_requiem (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2009, 03:30 AM

Good. Now the only problem is the idiots who think, "oh yeah! give my address! that's a great idea!"
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-01-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Good. Now the only problem is the idiots who think, "oh yeah! give my address! that's a great idea!"
I lol'd

People act to shady online..I was talking to that person and I'm sitting in my chair like "wtf?"

(#14 (permalink))
Old
wolf_requiem (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2009, 03:53 AM

It's true. One of the most disturbing things I find is the perverted middle-aged men (or women as the case may be...haven't heard of that happening, but it'd be sexist to just say men) who hide behind an attractive photo they found online and claim to be that person...one time I talked to someone online, and the first thing they did is sent me an image of them and said, "i sent u my pic, send me urs?" and I said, "lol, sorry no". So he said, "but i sent u mine," so I tried to change the subject like, "so how's the weather where you are?" and he signed off, lol.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

08-01-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Well, that short conversation was...interesting to say the least, lol. I mean, you can still be friendly and pleasant without giving any personal info, so what's the big deal? And one thing I don't see what people don't understand, if you feel pressured or something, give false info. If the predator does, so can you. Say you're Taz Kwando from Madagascar when you're really Sarah Joe from Pennsylvania. Of course, the best info is no info at all, but in theory I think it'd be funny. Though, I'm not really up-to-date with technology, predators can't track the exact location of your computer via satellite/internet, can they?
Everything is possible nowadays.

What Is My IP Address? - Track Down Hacker (Story about some1 who got hacked, but fortunatly they got the Hacker's IP. Was enough to report him to the authorities)

(Something related here, but yes. Someone can track down your Address with just your IP with the right tools. Fortunatly, not everyone can make/acess to such tools)

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 08-01-2009 at 05:50 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

08-01-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
It's true. One of the most disturbing things I find is the perverted middle-aged men (or women as the case may be...haven't heard of that happening, but it'd be sexist to just say men) who hide behind an attractive photo they found online and claim to be that person...one time I talked to someone online, and the first thing they did is sent me an image of them and said, "i sent u my pic, send me urs?" and I said, "lol, sorry no". So he said, "but i sent u mine," so I tried to change the subject like, "so how's the weather where you are?" and he signed off, lol.
Yeah..those are the weird ones..I'm just like "Hey lady, I'm here to talk, nawt swap nudez with a 156 year old man"

(#17 (permalink))
Old
bonjoliehistrionic (Offline)
JF Regular

. - 08-01-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Yeah..those are the weird ones..I'm just like "Hey lady, I'm here to talk, nawt swap nudez with a 156 year old man"
i was going out with a boy
and then i found out a few weeks before we got together
he arranged to meet a girl over the internet
and he assaulted her.
i left him (Y)
.x
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2009, 02:20 PM

Too many anonymous sukebe types. It really is lame but Japan has created that phenomenon through glamourising things like chikan and ero-puri. Their idiom, 'the nail that sticks up gets hammered down', has worked against them. Sometimes wa (ha), or harmony, is not the right option. Touching girls on trains is not on. The internet lets people live out their fantasies but as long as they aren't lived out in reality to the same extent.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
wolf_requiem (Offline)
JF Regular

08-01-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
Touching girls on trains is not on.
That reminds me; I heard that there are now women-only train cars because of just this. Do all trains have one, or just certain ones (like busiest, most crowded ones)?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-01-2009, 02:50 PM

Ooh, I couldn't tell you. There should be such a thing on one level but they just need to change their ways and stop the molesting. I can tell you from experience that separate carriages on the Denentoshi and Yamanote lines just wouldn't be feasible. Maybe in smaller areas like where I was, in Shimane-ken (prefecture).