JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-15-2009, 10:57 PM

I've read through this whole post and I can tell you have been severely misguided on many, many levels.

I agree with everything MMM has said so far, sleep deprivation can lead to severe depression which leads to suicide in extreme cases. This is something I wouldn't recommend you doing unless a professional Doctor AND a Psychologist was meeting with you keep track of your progress.

Sleep stages are just as important as REM sleep itself, it comes in many stages and little by little the body and brain relax.

The first stage of NREM sleep is just as important as REM sleep, your body relaxes, your blood pressure drops, brain temp decreases, and your heart beat slows down. And as you hit NREM sleep as the night goes on your body slowly wakes itself up naturally by 'restarting' everything slowly.

I've never heard of anyone 'jumping' right into REM sleep unless they have a sleeping disorder and I can only imagine how unhealthy it is. REM sleep is when your body becomes paralyzed, it's almost coma like. This is also when you have nightmares. The longer you skimp out on it the longer you have to stay in REM sleep and the chances are you'll have some freaky a$$ dreams, plus sleep paralysis.

Each stage of sleep takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, unless the person has been deprived then it takes longer. There is no such thing as a required amount of sleep, your body sleeps until its satisfied it varies from person to person.

This seems more like a simple teenage rebellion than a passion, and when you start seeing bugs climbing out of the walls and freak out about the shadow in your closet trying to kill you, you'll learn. Temporary Schizophrenia is beyond terrifying I'm sure. And the long term affects won't be fun to get over either.

Well good luck to you anyway.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
09-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Rose, thanks, I hope you follow the blog.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#123 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
09-15-2009, 11:48 PM

sooo how is this working out for you
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-16-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Rose, thanks, I hope you follow the blog.
I plan too.

Keep in mind in the end its your body so of course its your choice to start or stop no matter what anyone says. Just don't kill yourself, please. It'd be a silly thing to die for in my opinion. I hope you keep your family updated on everything and they check on you constantly, and if anything feels 'wrong' I hope you get help right away.

And I apologize if it seemed like I was talking down to you. I was just explaining sleep cycles. Sleep is my passion, I plan to study it for a living. And dying for a video game just doesn't seem like the way many people want to go out.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#125 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
09-16-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
sooo how is this working out for you
wow. You should probably learn how to read
(#126 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-16-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
Don't be so mean, he doesn't write that much in his posts,
so maybe he doesn't know how to read and write that well : (

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#127 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
09-16-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I stand by this.

Rose: It's fine, thanks for the concern and the info, it's not just for the game, its out of curiosity and to see how well the human body adapts.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#128 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
09-16-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Don't be so mean, he doesn't write that much in his posts,
so maybe he doesn't know how to read and write that well : (
Aaron has stated multiple times that he's not starting until a week from now so he can blog it from the beginning. His computer is broke at the moment.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-16-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am especially interested in how well SF is going between 3 and 8 am.
That's when I'm awake (Japan time) so I can chek it for ya

Also, an excellent point is made in that driving long distances will be impossible. Going to a movie theatre and not konking out in the middle of the flick will also become hard. Long discussions, day trips to places like the theme park or something, all night parties (not that he'd do that at his age but still), all become impossible.

Jeez... I lament for this lad's doomed social life

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#130 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-16-2009, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
That's when I'm awake (Japan time) so I can chek it for ya

Also, an excellent point is made in that driving long distances will be impossible. Going to a movie theatre and not konking out in the middle of the flick will also become hard. Long discussions, day trips to places like the theme park or something, all night parties (not that he'd do that at his age but still), all become impossible.

Jeez... I lament for this lad's doomed social life
I don't think he was really doing those things anyway, so it probably won't matter so much.