JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
dragonxkeeper (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonxkeeper Send a message via MSN to dragonxkeeper Send a message via Yahoo to dragonxkeeper
10-30-2009, 05:05 PM

I'll admit, I really do rely on my phone alot. Mostly because my friends/family all know that I have terrible hearing, so we text alot to have a normal conversation. But lately I've been texting more than usual cause I've been cooped up in the house, so I'm badly in need of human contact to keep what's left of my sanity lol.

"I can see it when you come alive, it's no surprise that you're leaving.every night when you close your eyes, lying there just breathing.I know, you know, this ain't the way to be living. I tried, you tried, to find a way to believe in. All this time, we've been giving in. Hold on,but it's dragging you down! Can you save me? Can you save me? I know it's hard to understand while it's slipping through your hands. Can you save me?" - Stiff Kitty
(#52 (permalink))
Old
DJnohara (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-30-2009, 08:42 PM

If this is about regular home phones, then I only need it to make important calls or to check on close friends and family. But cell phones to me are useless. I almost never use it. The main reason I have it so my family can call and ask where the hell I am and when I'll be back.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-04-2009, 01:42 PM

Ooooo another non-Japan related thread.

I guess for me it just makes life easier - much easier. The OP is complaining now but in a few years they'll be wondering how they ever managed without!

Last Thursday I was happilly texting away on my SamsungG600 when it just died, right there and then in my hand. Would not switch back on, charge up, nothing. I went 3 days without a phone and I tell you, I was COMPLETELY LOST without it!

Couldn't contact any of my friends without access to my laptop because everyones number was in my phone, couldn't check the time cuz I don't own a watch - used my phone for that. No alarm clock for the mornings, no camera, no photos/videos to look at on dinner breaks at work, no facebook on the go either. I was gutted!

Now got a LGKS360 and I'm loving it!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#54 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

11-04-2009, 05:37 PM

I never thought i would need a phone as much as i do now. Its my alarm clock camera source of entertainment. Sadly my battery is old and lasts like 9 hours so it often dies before i get home. i pull it out and check it so much that i even do it when its off.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
mandalina (Offline)
invisible

11-04-2009, 05:55 PM

My father bought me a cell-phone which I didn't want because I don't need one. Sometimes my boss calls me for work, my sister calls me to do some English translations for her, mother calls when I am late to dinner (I usually be on my way or still at work) or ask me to withdraw from the bank on my way :P . But I can say it's very useful as an alarm clock.

On my birthday my siblings bought me a new one with camera. I like to use its camera. Other than that I usually forget it in my bag and my boss, parents scold me to not answering it Mostly my mother uses my phone to call. Else the operator will close it (once they did, closed my phone to call and to the calls because I didn't make any phone call for a looong time)

Last edited by mandalina : 11-04-2009 at 05:58 PM.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Toddkinnz (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I live in the southern USA, but soo hope to travel around :)
Send a message via AIM to Toddkinnz Send a message via MSN to Toddkinnz
Wellll..... ^.^ - 11-04-2009, 10:10 PM

1. I like having a phone because it is very convinient...
2. It helps me keep in touch with people especially in times of dire emergency... It's not like you can just call out for help anymore.. People are stupid and selfish... well not all of them.
3. I can talk to all of you guys on MSN and AIM from my phone.. and if it helps me with that, then i'm all for it! ^.^

Toddkinnz!
(#57 (permalink))
Old
maddiezilla (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to maddiezilla
11-05-2009, 04:09 AM

Well, if i'm going to be away from the computer for awhile, I can check my e-mails, go on msn, and text my friends. I hate talking on the phone, so I try to avoid calling as much as I can.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Maybe im going mental! or does the questioner seem to be asking why having a phone in ones life is necessary??

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Kurochii (Offline)
New to JF

11-11-2009, 01:11 PM

I think my cellphone is important to me because if I'm outside and something happened to me I can call my parents and they could help me.

iHeart; Vampires,, Demons,, Death Angels,, Devils<3
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Maester (Offline)
Back in town Snitches!

11-11-2009, 01:49 PM

It's not to me, all the things you can do with a phone except carry it around in a convenient manner i do with my computer, besides i don't go out much *_*

Can you imagine what i could do, if i would do all i can. - Sun Tzu