JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#171 (permalink))
Old
Sahaqiel (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to Sahaqiel Send a message via MSN to Sahaqiel
10-22-2009, 01:10 AM

こんばは(That's right, right? I'm confused since konnichiwa uses ha, and I dunno, they're similar.) サハキエルです。新しいです。
Anyway, I got recommended to this site through a friend, I would say, in my Japanese conversation class. (日本語コンヴアセイシアンクラス?) 彼女の名前は ネィーさんです。)
Err, her name is pronounced Tanei.
I wouldn't come out in the open and be like, "Yo, this member's name is THIS in real life, so help me find her," so I'll just wait for a PM, if she lurks this part of the board. (Also, swerr, I learned how to say "find", and I KNOW it has 見, but I can't remember the rest of the verb... 見-something.)
I'm new to a board that's foreign-culture oriented. I'm fairly sure the majority of US users don't exactly know the knee-hone-go, so I'm also a bit insecure about typing in Japanese to those who might. See, my origins with learning Japanese were under a Japanese person with such a high opinion of himself, it made me a bit ashamed and nervous to try and type Japanese to him. (Maybe that's why he disowned me as a friend and hates me now; I slipped up quite a bit and I may have offended him or decreased his opinion about me. But he got me started.)

So I'm also insecure about my speaking, grammar structure, etc.
In fact, I'm fairly sure I made some grammatical errors in my profile.
Please correct me at every turn, experienced people.

See, I am self-studied. I've studied on and off for about a year, now.
I'm taking a non curricular conversation class that's not really teaching me many new things, but it's really fun and stuff.

Anyway, in case you're worrying I'm one of those boring 'learning Japanese for business' types, (Though I'm sure they're not really boring) I'm pretty far deep into anime, having three or more on my watch list at any given moment and watching an episode or two every day or so. I used to marathon watch, but that's when I had time and free will. :/ And for those who do not approve of self-proclaimed 'American otaku', I'm not one of those either. I respect Japanese culture and try to adhere to its rules when in a Japanese setting, such as タマヨー先生's classroom. (I tried to guess the kanji in her full name, which, in the way I wrote it, translated into 'snowball'... 'yo', and she said it was correct, but then she typed her name in a certificate and it was 由紀, with her last name in katakana, if I recall correctly. I was disheartened. :() I am also a huge fan of Miyamoto-san, for he created The Legend of Zelda, and without that, I would be lost.

Anyway, before I start rambling too much, I just wanted to say 'sup to the general population and look for Tanei(?), etc.
'Cause I will only see her once a week and she's also a self studied person who seems like a cool 'Hey, let's speak and discuss random Japanese whenever' type of person, for which I have similar people for French.

So yeah, I'm Sahaqiel.
Please don't tell anyone.
Sahaqiel
(#172 (permalink))
Old
Dio (Offline)
New to JF

Smile こんにちわ! - 10-22-2009, 07:37 PM

Hey everyone, this is me. I'm an anime/manga otaku and an RPG gamer. I also love visual kei and gothic lolita. I am currently taking a Japanese class, so I do know a little Japanese. My dream is to someday live in Harajuku Tokyo, but as long as I get to live somewhere in Japan, I'll be happy. (Hopefully it won't be Hokkaido, though, I'd live there too if I had to. ^_^U) My favorite J-rock band is Dio - Distraught Overlord and my favorite J-pop singers are Kuraki Mai and Koda Kumi. I guess that's me in a nutshell. So far, though, I really like this forum, and I'll wish for the best!
(#173 (permalink))
Old
Encyclopod (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Encyclopod
10-25-2009, 04:30 PM

Hello guys and gals

Wondered for a while if I should join the forum and it seems like a lot of fun, hopefully I'll make some good friends here. I love videogames, board games, role playing games (Well basically all kinds of games :P) and watching anime (Haven't read much manga myself, since it's hard to come by around here and I don't like reading on the pc that much).
I hope to someday travel to japan, maybe even live there for a while. Well, guess this is it for now.

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
(#174 (permalink))
Old
alkor (Offline)
New to JF

10-26-2009, 03:12 PM

Hi

As usual I dunno what I can say 'bout myself'^^

Hmmm first of all- really, really sorry if my english' goin' to apear in category 'bad'. To be honest I'm not skilfull in languages other than my native one(speakin' 'bout 'cause many people in my country just can't use proper polish-.-').

As stated in profile I'm studyin'. Law at University in my home town and in genral it takes most of my time-.-.
I'm not sure if it can be called hobby but I'm interested in history of regime and law(especially in feudal period) and it's the main reason of my registration here... apart from it I waste my time liten' to music, readin' books and mangas, watchin' anime and some TV stuff, takin' quizzes on Quizilla or just wandering 'round with my dogs or on bike. Pretty boring, isn't it?

I think it's enough for small introduction, so again hello everybody and nice to meet you, I belive.
(#175 (permalink))
Old
Emmi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Emmi Send a message via Skype™ to Emmi
10-28-2009, 12:30 AM

Name: Emmi
Coming to you from: Venezuela
Here for: Language learning support, discussing culture and making friends.
Why do you want to go to Japan: It blows my mind
(#176 (permalink))
Old
VinnehLee (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to VinnehLee Send a message via MSN to VinnehLee
11-02-2009, 06:24 PM

Name: Tori aka Vinneh
Living in: England!
I joined here from my long interest in Japan culture I love most places but some reason this interests me the most, so i'd love to learn more :3
(#177 (permalink))
Old
AkamatsuA (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2009, 08:52 AM

hey my name is Amy, I'm into anime and learning Japanese.
I'm Canadian and in my 20s :3
(#178 (permalink))
Old
otome (Offline)
~so be it..

Send a message via Yahoo to otome
11-03-2009, 12:25 PM

Name: otome
email add: otome_avie@yahoo.com
i love to sing and to draw, i also like computers, manga.. hmn.. what else, i love sleeping, watching movies(sp. anime and jap movies),eating(but i'm too skinny.. ) hehe.. i love hanging out with friends, studying, surfing the net, joining discussions in forums..

i am currently studying for the JLPT level 3.. i hope i can pass.. please pray for me.. hehe..

anyway.. i hope we can all be friends..
yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!!

-=otomEAvie=-

Last edited by otome : 11-03-2009 at 12:27 PM.
(#179 (permalink))
Old
zael91 (Offline)
New to JF

11-05-2009, 04:53 PM

Hey-Low whats up everyone.

My name is Rizduan
Gonna be 18 in 52 more days !
Im currently living in Singapore, yes .. hot sunny Singapore
I kinda got interested in Japanese culture when i first watched Gundam Seed on the tv when i was a kid and from there on i started listening to Jrock, watching anime's, reading mangas(translated of course xD) and drawing(though im seriously bad at it).

Hmm... a few more things about me, Im actually a malay and in Singapore you dont really see alot of Malays that are interested in Japanese culture(sucks i know! :/), I actually took a japanese language course a few months ago but i had to stop midway cause it was clashing with my school work. Now .. my exams are finish and im gonna have my holidays in a week (cant wait!)

I might start taking classes again and continue where i had left off. Im planning to visit Japan someday cause they have vending machines that sell things that other countries dont even have haha ! and not only that but i want to experience the culture in japan.

I hope that someone here will help me if i need help along the way ! and i also hope that i can make alot of friends here regardless of race and religion .

よろしくおねがいします

oh and if anyone who wants my email please pm me i would really really realllyyy appreciate it ^^
(#180 (permalink))
Old
EverlastSakura (Offline)
New to JF

11-06-2009, 05:53 PM

Hello! ^^
Name: Bethany
Coming to you from:United States
I am a senior in highschool, actually going to college full time. I hope to earn a major in Japanese, so this site looks like a good place to start!
I love anime, but what really got me interested in japan was being involved with martial arts.
I look forward to learning with you all!