LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-06-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Toyota isn't the only company with acceleration issues.

I think this puts the controversy into a little bit of perspective.

Unintended Acceleration Not Limited To Toyotas : NPR

NPR Vehicle Acceleration Complaints Database : NPR
Yes, and this isn't the first time in the history of autos that this problem has occured.

However the point is, nothing on this scale nor at this of DENIAL by auto company. We got it all with brakes, acceleration, and continuing problems on actually fixing this root problem.

This level of failure and death is unacceptable and it is quite a shame for all the honest employees of Toyota, but I do see a big failure coming for Toyota if this latest fix isn't the real fix.

The size of the recall, not to admit the climbing death toll, wouldn't be as high if Toyota had handled the problem immediately.

If anything this is making other car manufactures respond quicker to customer complaints of possible. In fact I think Nissan just had a 300k recall of certian models with power steering issues.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
03-06-2010, 09:51 PM

my first car was a toyota, and my latest car is a toyota [Lexus... same thing]. yes i would buy from them again.

toyota has always been a quality manufacturer; because of this incident, they will bounce back and double check their production!

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#53 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

And so these stories start to roll in - 03-12-2010, 06:12 PM

On the other side of the spectrum, these kind of stories start to roll in. Thanks for Fox News and part of the AP for looking further into this leading story, and reporting on it first. A little egg on ABC's face, but Toyota should expect these type of cases too.

Man at Wheel of 'Out-of-Control' Prius Has Troubled Financial Past - FOXNews.com
(#54 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
03-13-2010, 04:02 PM

lol. I drive my parents' '97 corolla. I love that car and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'll probably never earn enough to buy a brand spanking new car anyway so I wasn't too worried about the recall.

It amazes me that people don't think of turning the car off first when they go crazy. We have a Dodge caravan that goes nuts all the time...and the first thing we do is shut the stupid thing off. (I'm not very fond of Dodge anymore because of that van. )

Whoa..I strayed from the issue at hand. Sorry guys. >.<

(#55 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-13-2010, 05:22 PM

A forgery is found out ABC news and.
When the user who made noise when an accident happened refrains from suits, does the Toyota problem go to the convergence little by little?

It is hearty welcome personally that a share of Toyota falls because I like high "Honda and Nissan" of the technology

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#56 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-13-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakari09 View Post
lol. I drive my parents' '97 corolla. I love that car and wouldn't trade it for the world. I'll probably never earn enough to buy a brand spanking new car anyway so I wasn't too worried about the recall.

It amazes me that people don't think of turning the car off first when they go crazy. We have a Dodge caravan that goes nuts all the time...and the first thing we do is shut the stupid thing off. (I'm not very fond of Dodge anymore because of that van. )

Whoa..I strayed from the issue at hand. Sorry guys. >.<
The reason don't think of it is because you are supposed to put it in neutral versus cutting power to keep what control of the car you can; i.e. steering power is decreased heavily when power is cut, and depending on the type of braking system, you may only have a couple of pumps of the main brakes before they are useless. At high speeds, this is important.

If your Dodge is going nuts all the time, I'd have that fixed ^^/
(#57 (permalink))
Old
sakari09 (Offline)
the Ice queen...

Send a message via Yahoo to sakari09
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
The reason don't think of it is because you are supposed to put it in neutral versus cutting power to keep what control of the car you can; i.e. steering power is decreased heavily when power is cut, and depending on the type of braking system, you may only have a couple of pumps of the main brakes before they are useless. At high speeds, this is important.

If your Dodge is going nuts all the time, I'd have that fixed ^^/
It's settled down now that we fixed a melted wire lol. But I wouldn't drive it over our corolla. XD

Trust me, I know about the power steering thing. It's a bitch to turn when we do have to shut it off, but that's been a while ago...

(#58 (permalink))
Old
Rauisufirippu (Offline)
New to JF

04-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Toyota Supra is and will stay being my favourite/dreamcar.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

04-14-2010, 09:53 PM

Shiny . . . My dream car is a blue Toyota Prius/

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-15-2010, 12:54 AM

However the recent discoveries are disturbing:

AP Articles:

FOXNews.com - Toyota Warned Europe of Accelerator Problem Well Before U.S.

FOXNews.com - Consumer Reports Says 'Don't Buy' Unsafe Lexus GX460

Internal company red tape or just not caring?

Needless to say, as with the Consumer Reports review, Toyota will be under a microscope for years to come.