Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
"Violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer."
-Joseph Stack

Like Clint, I don't need to read any further.

Insane words and actions mar any manifesto as he ramblings of a madman.

Sure, you can probably pick out sentences you agree with, but that doesn't legitimize anything, especially what he did.

His wife and child were staying at a hotel when this happened? Why? Because they were afraid of him.

And the man he murdered in his act of suicide was an American veteran of the Viet Nam War.

If the Tea Party or other political groups want to adopt Stack as a hero, that is their right, but it just reduces any respect I might have had for them.
And here I thought everyone was paying attention: the Teabaggers wouldn't adopt him as anything but a "nutjob" commie. The Teabaggers are the precise part of the problem; mindless corporate serfs, largely a product of the American school system. Plain and simple.

As far as violence not being the answer; does that mean violence is never the answer? Of course that's false, sometimes it is. And to arbitrarily decide with some kind of cosmic certainty what that line is, that's quite black & white. I'm not asserting that this case is one of them at all.

Last edited by xyzone : 02-20-2010 at 08:03 PM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzone View Post
And here I thought everyone was paying attention: the Teabaggers wouldn't adopt him as anything but a "nutjob" commie. The Teabaggers are the precise part of the problem; mindless corporate serfs, largely a product of the American school system. Plain and simple.

As far as violence not being the answer; does that mean violence is never the answer? Of course that's false, sometimes it is. And to arbitrarily decide with some kind of cosmic certainty what that line is, that's quite black & white. I'm not asserting that this case is one of them at all.
No one in their right mind would adopt him as anything; the tea parties especially.

Tyranny is not solved through violence.

Violence solves nothing in the end. Self-defence is another story.

A lot of echos in the board recently.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Violence solves nothing in the end. Self-defence is another story.
"self-defense" can be completely rationalized in favor of any bias. like invading iraq and the vietnam "conflict". or like palestinians setting off bombs in public under the name of defense against israeli abuses.

just like joe stack could have said his action was in self defense.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-20-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
But he didn't say that. He said violence is the only answer. And I would be careful about putting words in a dead man's mouth.

Especially this one's.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
"self-defense" can be completely rationalized in favor of any bias. like invading iraq and the vietnam "conflict". or like palestinians setting off bombs in public under the name of defense against israeli abuses.

Weak. Not even close.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
xyzone (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Weak. Not even close.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

02-20-2010, 11:22 PM

No one here has experienced tyranny, I assume. I certainly haven't. The IRS definitely isn't a tyrannical body. Are there flaws with it? Absolutely.

And if Stack really felt he was being subjected to unfair treatment and could not find redress, he could have taken what he had, moved his money to an offshore account, sold his house if he had the time, and flew himself to a country where he would believe himself safer. Many countries have visas available for people planning to bring investment capital in.

The IRS and the Tax Code are products of the republican form of government we have. They became what they became based on that system.

Nobody likes taxes. I don't like taxes. But I like the lack of roads, schools, health care, sanitation, police, fire... even less.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#58 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-21-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
The IRS and the Tax Code are products of the republican form of government we have. They became what they became based on that system.
.....LOL......
Always a pleasure.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

02-21-2010, 02:36 AM

Republican as in representative democracy. As in Tax code is passed by representatives elected by franchise. Lower case r. I was not talking about the GOP.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#60 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-21-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
Republican as in representative democracy. As in Tax code is passed by representatives elected by franchise. Lower case r. I was not talking about the GOP.
Indeed. Jumped the gun.
Closed Thread