JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Why do you talk like this? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/31187-why-do-you-talk-like.html)

Sitron 03-31-2010 09:51 PM

Why do you talk like this?

Whenever I read reviews about anime/manga/jdrama or read something related to it, I come across people that have to put japanese words in their sentences.

Like this:

Quote:

"Yamapi got skills and looks. Besides, he's SUPERKAWAII"
Quote:

"Didn't expect Takuya can be quite comical in this one. Kawaii ne!"
Quote:

Takako-chan's totemo kawaii desu !
This are all real examples from Jdorama.com - and what the hell is this!? Why do so many people who're interested in Japanese entertainment act like utter retards?

Can't you just type proper English without the ^_^ kawaii kekkoiii sugu Yamapiii?

Columbine 03-31-2010 10:42 PM

Sorry, who's this aimed at? The majority of commenters on JF don't talk like this and those who do sooner or later get called on it.

Besides if it's an issue at JDorama.com, why not pitch your moans over there rather than here?

manganimefan227 03-31-2010 10:52 PM

They do it possibly from being weeaboos. That or Otakus is what they are called.

Meh, sub watchers, I bet they didn't know that the only reason there are cuss words in their subs was because the fansubbers added them to appeal to the audience. -.-'

Seriously! Either make an effort to actually learn Japanese or quit saying

Hunny sempai is so kawaii desu ne!!

:rolleyes:

Koir 03-31-2010 11:05 PM

Maybe it's a karmic balance against other anime/manga fans that seem to dislike everything that comes out nowadays for no apparent reason.

*seconds Columbine's comment about complaining to the originating forum and not here*

PockyMePink 04-01-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Columbine (Post 806508)
Sorry, who's this aimed at? The majority of commenters on JF don't talk like this and those who do sooner or later get called on it.

Besides if it's an issue at JDorama.com, why not pitch your moans over there rather than here?

The OP isn't expressing anything against or for JDorama.com, or if/why people in JF talk like this. He's simply wondering why people talk/act this way with Japanese entertainment.

They're called weeaboos. They feel that using a little Japanese in their sentence makes them look cool or something. It's hard to explain the mind of a weeaboo.

iPhantom 04-01-2010 12:09 AM

I agree with Koir-Sama and Dezi-chan.

Sitron 04-01-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPhantom (Post 806521)
I agree with Koir-Sama and Dezi-chan.

I don't agree with you. BECAUSE I JUST PICKED A RANDOM SITE. IT COULD'VE BEEN ANY JAPAN-RELATED SITE AND ID FIND THE SAME SHIT.

Koir 04-01-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitron (Post 806522)
I don't agree with you. BECAUSE I JUST PICKED A RANDOM SITE. IT COULD'VE BEEN ANY JAPAN-RELATED SITE AND ID FIND THE SAME SHIT.

What do you want us to do about it? o_O

Undertherose25 04-01-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sitron (Post 806522)

我 偌 生氣。

:p

FYI: That's not Japanese, and yes I know my grammar is bad. :vsign:

darksyndrem 04-01-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertherose25 (Post 806526)
我 偌 生氣。

:p

FYI: That's not Japanese, and yes I know my grammar is bad. :vsign:

I RUO ANGRY RRRRAAAWWWWRRRRRR (translated by google)