JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Mosque at Ground Zero - 08-14-2010, 03:40 PM

What do you guys think about the mosque being built at Ground Zero?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ParaPara (Offline)
JF Regular

08-14-2010, 03:56 PM

It's not just a mosque. It is an Islamic community center that also has a mosque. Although they do have the right to build it near ground zero, I think it shows a lack of judgement on the part of the builders. It is just going to make people really mad.

Last edited by ParaPara : 08-14-2010 at 03:59 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgoestocollege View Post
Not too much really.

It's a little insensitive for muslim leaders to choose it as a place to build, however at the same time we need to respect other's beliefs and religions, and everyone has the right to worship as they see fit. I think if it's built there then it may be a good thing, because it shows forgiveness and tolerance on the part of the Americans, and hopefully will go towards eliminating the phobia against the Islamic religion many people have.

That said I'm speaking as an outsider to the situation. I can see why some people would be very annoyed, and if it was happening local to me with people I know involved on either side, I might hold an entirely different view. As it is I think that it should be allowed to go ahead, and people should respect that rather than responding with the initial phobic horror thay many unfortunately do.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
EpicPhysicist (Offline)
Pimp

lol - 08-14-2010, 04:09 PM

I understand that people are mad. But its not like If The muslims at the mosque are the ones that bombed 9/11. And i dont want to start getting into conspiracy theories. But there is no Concrete evidence That Islamists were the ones to bomb it. Im surprised they found a passport intact after an explosion.
And there are churches in Iraq dont you find that insensitive? There are cynagogues in palestine arent there?

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left. and also i cant Triforce
.▲
▲▲
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
08-14-2010, 05:13 PM

hmm.. definitely a go for me..
America says they respect the freedom of religion and they should keep their words! Mosque is a place where Muslims worship to God, not bombing other places.. I'm not surprise to see that every religion has an extremist; and those who oppose this idea of building it, to me is an "extremist" too..

no offence.. just my 2 cents

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#6 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
08-14-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgoestocollege View Post
I think it's a disgrace to the people who lost their lives to the 9/11 attack. I'm not saying that all Muslims are evil, or whatever, but I find it a total disgrace, and quite upsetting.

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sheemy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Sheemy Send a message via Yahoo to Sheemy Send a message via Skype™ to Sheemy
08-14-2010, 06:10 PM

Although i'm a muslim myself, i'm quite surprised that america agreed and confirmed that a mosque could be established at the ground zero ... it's a brave action from the muslims in america to request to establish an islamic center there (after the incident of 11/9) ... i just hope nothing happens there wrong under the name of Islam
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-14-2010, 08:04 PM

Let's get the facts straight.

What is being proposed is an Islamic community center that would be built in an old Burlington Coat Factory a couple blocks from where the World Trade Center used to stand.

The Constitution answers the question for us. Of course this should be allowed. The fact that the question would even come up shows the intolerance that exists in the US.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
willgoestocollege (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2010, 08:59 PM

Of course Muslim Americans are allowed to have Islamic centers and mosques in the US just like any other religion but why near Ground Zero and the grand opening on the 9th of September next year (10 years since 9/11)? I hope this Islamic community center teaches the good side of Islam not the extremism. Here in the UK we have a tv show called Dispatches and went undercover in the biggest mosque in the Britain. It has a shop that sells books and DVDs which preach to hate Jews, gays and non-muslims.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

08-14-2010, 10:25 PM

I think it's a symbolically good idea! A place where the real religion is taught,

We gotta trust them again at some point . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
Closed Thread