LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

10-25-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
In my experience of near 7 years here I have a complete opposite point of view. I believe it's the inability of Japan to change which is causing many of the issues we have here in terms of the economy.
Nonsense as usual. How do you EVER get to know about Japan when you don't even read or write Japanese?

Why don't you change first?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-25-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
Nonsense as usual. How do you EVER get to know about Japan when you don't even read or write Japanese?

Why don't you change first?
Do you live here?

How is it nonsense to have an opinion? If you don't agree with my opinion then debate that. Whether or not I read or write or speak the language fluently doesn't mean I live in a bubble in which I can't make some informed opinions after many years living here.

What is your explanation for Japan having a stagnant or declining economy now for the best part of the last 15+ years?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
tsurezure (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Do you live here?

How is it nonsense to have an opinion? If you don't agree with my opinion then debate that. Whether or not I read or write or speak the language fluently doesn't mean I live in a bubble in which I can't make some informed opinions after many years living here.

What is your explanation for Japan having a stagnant or declining economy now for the best part of the last 15+ years?
Please make a new thread and go there.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-25-2010, 04:32 AM

Quote:
In my experience of near 7 years here I have a complete opposite point of view. I believe it's the inability of Japan to change which is causing many of the issues we have here in terms of the economy.

I agree though that probably the main reason that HIV rates here would be low is because of the relatively closed borders and that most Japanese do not sleep around with foreigners all that much.
I think this is a little off topic, as we are talking about, essentially, the culture of sexuality in Japan, which is very different from the Japanese economy.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

10-25-2010, 04:36 AM

Yeah I agree. I do get sick and tired of the idea though that it's impossible for me to have any sort of imformed opinion of what Japan is like purely because I'm not fluent in the language. I think after nearly 7 years here a few things do filter in that allow me to make some comments on what are only my opinions
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-25-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Yeah I agree. I do get sick and tired of the idea though that it's impossible for me to have any sort of imformed opinion of what Japan is like purely because I'm not fluent in the language. I think after nearly 7 years here a few things do filter in that allow me to make some comments on what are only my opinions
Who are you agreeing with?

Of course everyone has a right to an opinion.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

10-25-2010, 05:06 AM

Just agreeing that the economy discussion was getting off topic.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-25-2010, 03:01 PM

Thank you for every comment.

For me (only in my opinion) Japan is quite not relatively conservative. Japanese tend to follow social norms and culture but in the other hand they have very great creativity too. And eventhough Japanese people tend to follow general social culture, they still are divided into many sub groups that have their unique social value.

What I like to describe Japanese people is "Cutting edge prople with discipline"

I don't know how to describe, but normally cutting edge people tend to be more rebellious, but for Japan, they're edgy yet they still follow social rules. That's amazing.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You introduced the idea that Japan is conservative, therefore they have a low HIV rate. I am just trying to flesh that thought out a bit.
Not quite what I said. I said this might be one of the many reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I think if the HIV rate in Japan really is very low it is because the majority of Japanese never have sex with anyone but other Japanese. Japan is an island country, so that itself gives a level of protection.
I agree. The fact that most Japanese people choose to have sex with people from their own race certainly makes it unlikely to get infected cause the virus does not get passed along.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#20 (permalink))
Old
tsurezure (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2010, 06:03 PM

i would like to point out that the number of HIV carrier acquired the AIDS virus through intravenous drug use is so small.From 2003~2006,only 7 people.UK 203,GERMANY 219.Infection from mothers to infants is also rare in Japan.

But Japan is the only one first world country in which the number of new HIV carrier is increasing.Someday, might catch up with other "advanced"countries.
The condom and avoiding intravenous drug use are common precaution all over the world.Too overrate sex tendency is a little misleading.

Last edited by tsurezure : 10-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.