JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-29-2010, 11:26 AM

200703%2F29%2F12%2Ff0116012_14562834[1].jpg
Read this thread if you want to learn the reason why the war is not lost.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#112 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-29-2010, 11:39 AM

[quote=JamboP26;844002

"To answer the OP, I think Japan has forgiven the US for its attacks, but it is still greatfully remembered, & there is probably a few citizens that can't forgive the US for what they've done, like in other war involved countries[/QUOTE]

" How do you know if the Japanese have forgiven the US?

Many others cannot forgive what Japan did.

The point is that lessons should have been learned so that we never use those H bombs as an agressive act.

we need to learn from the past. Not sure what you mean by "Gratefully Remembered-- who gratefully remembers WHAT? Or do you mean that once the war ended, those who were suffering were freed from capture and the fighting. Yes I am sure that all those POW's and others in the hands of the Japanese were definitely relieved that at last there was an end to the terrible deeds of war.

There will always be arguments about the decision to drop those terrible A bombs. It seems to me it was like an awful experiment.

do we know if the hardliner Japanese in command would ever have stopped fighting?

So I do pray that We will learn and Not EVER use them or worse again.

Many Japanese people suffered terribly-- they had been drawn into war with the military eagerness to Conquer the world really--plus get rid of the British from HONG KONG Singapore etc. we were caught napping at that time. PLus as AMERICA had a Credit and OIL embargo on Japan in order to make them leave CHINA-- and many Japanese were starving, Japan attacked Pearl Harbour in what seems like retaliation. Please correct me if you know better.

There are many sides to this terrible war. too many innocents suffering apart from those final A bombs.

we just need to learn and remember." maybe this site will be informative.

Answers.com - Why did the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 12-29-2010 at 11:51 AM.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-29-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobora View Post
My opinion is that I didnt like the fact that America bombed Japan and I dont like the fact that Japan wasnt giving up till they goot bombed. So in all I say its a thing of the past that should be taught o future generations so that it may not happen agian.

EXACTLY. Yes.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
12-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Truth is, I don't know. I can imagine so. Has Britain forgiven Germany? While few will always hate the US, the majority will have forgiven to an extent. It WAS 65 years ago

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#115 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-29-2010, 12:14 PM

yes indeed JAMBO.

As I keep repeating its the lessons that SHOULD be learned

But we Humans Do we ever learn.

There are still survivors from that period

Time is relative.

even people in one street do not always get on together do they?
(#116 (permalink))
Old
chryuop (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
So you are blaming the US for Hitler? I love it. I bet it was Americans that killed Jesus, too.
I don't blame the USA for Hitler. I said that he was a crazy...but he was a crazy person who got millions of followers for the conditions Germany was brought to.
LOL don't worry I am not gonna touch your precious country. Oh and no, it was us Italian who killed Jesus...I am not ashamed of saying what my people did. Like I am not ashamed of admitting for 2 wars we have been by the side of Germany. LOL in history I guess we did more nasty things than the USA. I do not defend my country by default like all American people I talk to here (I live in the USA) do.

降り注ぐ雨 マジで冷てぇ
暗闇の中 歩くしかねぇ
everything’s gonna be okay 恐れることねぇ
辛い時こそ胸を張れ
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-31-2010, 12:28 AM

I had a huge drawn out letter but decided for this.

Suki, watch the HBO series "The Pacific". It will show you, even a little bit, what the US was like then and still is in many ways. Americans thought the Japanese were blood thirsty monsters that would rape and pillage the homefront if we let them. They weren't seen as "people, or civilians" but more akin to bizaar apemen with swords and fangs. You don't coddle a monster that threatens your family, you kill it.

That's how Japan was seen at the time, an external threat that had to be illimated. For all that people decry what happened with the bombs, the brutality of that war changed the US forever. Is the world better because of that change? Only time will tell.

P.S. Chryuop Your wrong about the US in Germany's rise after ww1. Wilson, the president of the US at the time was against the treaty of versais, knowing that punishing Germany like that would lead to trouble. That was France and Britain. In fact the US didn't even get involved until 1917, when the war was almost over. the US nearly came in on the side of Germany in 1913..France and Britain did everything in their power back then to prevent the US ever forming alliances with three certain countries.. Germany, Russia, and Japan..Sad to say, they were successful...Who knows what the world would be like now if they had failed.

Perhaps WW2 never takes place because Germany with the US would have won ww1. Plus with a US Russian alliance, Stalin may not have ever come to power. With an American Japanese alliance, Imperial Japan may have been completely different than what it was.

Last edited by Ryzorian : 12-31-2010 at 12:36 AM.
(#118 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-31-2010, 11:03 AM

[quote=Ryzorian;844220]I had a huge drawn out letter but decided for this.

Suki, watch the HBO series "The Pacific". It will show you, even a little bit, what the US was like then and still is in many ways. Americans thought the Japanese were blood thirsty monsters that would rape and pillage the homefront if we let them. They weren't seen as "people, or civilians" but more akin to bizaar apemen with swords and fangs. You don't coddle a monster that threatens your family, you kill it.

That's how Japan was seen at the time, an external threat that had to be illimated. For all that people decry what happened with the bombs, the brutality of that war changed the US forever. Is the world better because of that change? Only time will tell.

QUOTE]

Its interesting what you say here RyzoriaN Because according to the recent film I have watched "JAPAN i COLOUR" the Japanese were given similar propaganda about westerners. when some who had been hiding in caves eventually ventured out-- they were terrified of these MONSTER Americans.

Maybe that has been the way all along-- spread rumours and propaganda that are lies-- in order to inflame the population.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

12-31-2010, 12:29 PM

Many Japanese committed suicide rather than be taken prisoner by the Americans including parents killing their children due largely to the propaganda about how bloodthristy the Americans were.

All countries get involved in such propaganda when going to war. It easier to kill people when you barely think of them as human. Hitler denigrated the Jews to the point where the people partook in some of the worst atrocities ever committed and it certainly helped make the Japanese particularly vicious in their treatment of the peoples of Asian countries they invaded.

It's what governments do in times of war. And it can take generations before the rhetoric of hatred is forgotten. Racists though always hold onto it...
(#120 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

12-31-2010, 12:42 PM

I have to agree with you GN.