JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Hmm, with a bit of refining, I must admit I'm sorta in the same boat as TheLastFortnight. I watched a programme on assisted suicide a few months back. One guy who had been married for many years had been diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease. One of his main reasons for wanting to commit assisted suicide and leave behind his wife? Because he wouldn't be able to have sex. He would rather die than not have sex. When he said that... I was really disheartened with what relationships really are.

I'm coming up 19 before long and I'm a virgin. I don't plan on changing that any time soon. The whole concept of sex annoys me. Without it, most relationships fail (with exceptions to people who are too old as mentioned). I'm a guy who wants to love a love a girl on a pure personality concept, who would be completely happy with nothing but hugs and kisses and romantic days out. This is probably considered by some people as a friendship, which is probably why I haven't had a girlfriend for as long as I can remember. :/
But the fact that sex is considered a human 'need' really just made me despise what people think of it. A need is something a human needs or will be in severe hardships without. Last time I checked, no one has died from keeping their trousers on. I'm still here and happy.

P.S. Woah, I feel so awkward posting this XD
I hope no one thinks I'm too strange for it
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

01-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
Hmm, 4 hits on a dating site in the first day from posting is a good thing? Maybe the Brad Pitt image on stage with me I put there helped a lot (what can I say, I love photoshop).
4 hits is very good. I have contacted around 70 girls the past days, only one has responded...
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Brass (Offline)
JF Regular

01-28-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
4 hits is very good. I have contacted around 70 girls the past days, only one has responded...
I already gave you the real answer. Anybody elses advice/opinion is just jibberish. Close this thread.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-28-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umihito View Post
Hmm, with a bit of refining, I must admit I'm sorta in the same boat as TheLastFortnight. I watched a programme on assisted suicide a few months back. One guy who had been married for many years had been diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease. One of his main reasons for wanting to commit assisted suicide and leave behind his wife? Because he wouldn't be able to have sex. He would rather die than not have sex. When he said that... I was really disheartened with what relationships really are.

HI Umihito-- Motor neurone disease is really awful-- I would not wish it on my worst enemy. everyone is an individual so their personal needs many not be like somebody elses. you need to be the person that you are without worrying about being like others.

I worry when you mention assisted suicides. We did hear about too many young people killing themselves in Wales last year. I wondered why that was. It is a terrible thing to do and a real cry for help.

Have faith in yourself and your own feelings. We do not have to copy everyone else do we.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
HI Umihito-- Motor neurone disease is really awful-- I would not wish it on my worst enemy. everyone is an individual so their personal needs many not be like somebody elses. you need to be the person that you are without worrying about being like others.

I worry when you mention assisted suicides. We did hear about too many young people killing themselves in Wales last year. I wondered why that was. It is a terrible thing to do and a real cry for help.

Have faith in yourself and your own feelings. We do not have to copy everyone else do we.
Agreed. It was a very emotional programme, and very controversial because it showed his dead body. I'm desensitised to things like that, but it didn't make it any less emotional.

And yeah, I guess other people's priorities are drastically different.

yeah, the Bridgend suicides, I live quite close to there. I have no idea what the reasons were either, I think they were all unrelated events.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

01-28-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
I already gave you the real answer. Anybody elses advice/opinion is just jibberish. Close this thread.
But I want to try out internet dating, especially as an indication of my attractiveness. So far it seems I'm not that attractive....(72 contacted girls, one response...)
(#27 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-28-2011, 10:29 PM

You use dating sites? Now I can see why no girl wants you. Be a man and go bother some girl IRL. Girls love attention, and IRL attention > web attention by a long long shot.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

01-28-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
You use dating sites? Now I can see why no girl wants you. Be a man and go bother some girl IRL. Girls love attention, and IRL attention > web attention by a long long shot.
But internet dating is an indication of how popular I will be with the ladies IRL. Keep in mind I've never kissed anyone in my 24 years of living. So I need to try out a safe arena at first, before I hit the IRL scene
(#29 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-28-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
But internet dating is an indication of how popular I will be with the ladies IRL. Keep in mind I've never kissed anyone in my 24 years of living. So I need to try out a safe arena at first, before I hit the IRL scene
No it won't work. Sane girls don't go for internet dating. And sane girls don't get on with a guy by his looks. If you want to kiss someone, get a hooker. That would save you some time.

But yeah, you have to work it out if you want a girl to get in a relationship with you.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Here's an idea.

Why don't you start from the bottom of the barrel (as you put yourself to be) and work your way upwards? Date any girl who's willing to tolerate you and build up your confidence and skills. Rudimentary skills like making conversation, learning how to make them feel comfortable, etc.

Attractive girls will immediately sense your lack of confidence and brush you off as the novice you are.

My suggestion would be to visit your local burn clinic or homeless shelter. The girls you find there would probably be willing to give you a chance.
Closed Thread