JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

What is your opinion on immigrants? - 02-11-2011, 11:41 AM

I am an immigrant, and most immigrants in Norway are like me, either from the Middle-East, or Muslim countries outside the Middle-East. In my city Oslo, immigrants are 20% of the population but 100% of all violent encounters I have had. The only persons to ever physically attack me or try to rob me have been immigrants from muslim countries.

Immigrants here are overrepresented on every bad statistic from rapes, to murder rates, to crime rates, to unemployment, to you name it. I feel it's the same in other European countries.

Even though I am an immigrant, my encounters throughout life with other immigrants have made my highly suspicious and critical of immigrants. I have grown to dislike different ethnic groups, yes even Arabs especially from North-Africa. And I can understand why the Japanese don't want immigrants in their country.

Are immigrants in your country just as bad as here in Norway? And do you dislike immigrants in general?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-11-2011, 12:02 PM

the reason immigrants are often associated with crime is because they normally don't get the opportunity to integrate into their new society, either because they're own cultural differences prevent them to, or they huddle together and alienate the natives, or the natives don't welcome them sufficiently.

I bet most crimes in peaceful arab countries are committed by foreigners also, it's got much less to do with where someone is from rather than where they are

Japan isn't against immigrants, a few are yes but generally immigrants are accepted.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
And do you dislike immigrants in general?
Not at all . . . unless you plan on immigrating to my country any time soon, then I may have to reconsider.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile .....if you leave, don't leave now...... - 02-11-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Not at all . . . unless you plan on immigrating to my country any time soon, then I may have to reconsider.
Rollin' on the floor
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
02-11-2011, 01:59 PM

Immigrants are responsible for a fair amount of the crime rate in pretty much everywhere. But that's not surprising and probably each and every one of us would be doing the same thing if we were in their situation. They come here expecting to get a decent job and the reality is far from what they'd imagined, so they end up choosing the easy way to go, make money fast, and they don't care if it's risky cause they don't have much to lose anyway.

I guess I'm ok with the current law that says you can live anywhere you want as long as you have a job there or a way of making a living. Otherwise you're out of the country and back to yours. I know it's harsh and seems Nazi-inspired, but it makes sense all in all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
Japan isn't against immigrants, a few are yes but generally immigrants are accepted.
Especially if they have AIDS.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#6 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-11-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Immigrants are responsible for a fair amount of the crime rate in pretty much everywhere. But that's not surprising and probably each and every one of us would be doing the same thing if we were in their situation. They come here expecting to get a decent job and the reality is far from what they'd imagined, so they end up choosing the easy way to go, make money fast, and they don't care if it's risky cause they don't have much to lose anyway.

I guess I'm ok with the current law that says you can live anywhere you want as long as you have a job there or a way of making a living. Otherwise you're out of the country and back to yours. I know it's harsh and seems Nazi-inspired, but it makes sense all in all.

Especially if they have AIDS.
Considering the 22% unemployment rate in Spain, I don't blame the locals if they have something against immigrants.... I heard that the Russian mafia and the South American drug traffic have established deep roots there since I've been gone....
(#7 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
02-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Considering the 22% unemployment rate in Spain, I don't blame the locals if they have something against immigrants.... I heard that the Russian mafia and the South American drug traffic have established deep roots there since I've been gone....
Europe is like a golden mine to the South American drug traffickers, it's something like a insatiable machine for drugs. Probably the connection with Russian mafia is true, maybe there are some exchanges of drugs for guns, like what Chinese mafia does in South America too. There is a enormous demand for drugs in Spain, Italy, England and some other european countries, then, it's a very atractive market to the traffickers.

I remember few years ago the police arrested some Yakuza members in my country, they were probably trying to negotiate drugs suply to send to Japan.

Video Games: Serious Business

Last edited by SCIFFIX : 02-11-2011 at 04:29 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
inthemix (Offline)
New to JF

02-11-2011, 07:14 PM

Gangs of New York anyone? Great movie.

Just remember, for fellow American's out there. Your ancerstors were immigrants once too- respect the newly arrived. Help them learn about the culture and make friends. At the same time, learn from their culture and try to change America back into a good place to live.

/rantoff
(#9 (permalink))
Old
tetsume (Offline)
New to JF

02-11-2011, 10:14 PM

I don´t know...but if i can say but opinion about japan and imigrants...you know...my japanese sensei once told me..."Japanese really like foreigners if they know you left one day"...but i must say i think that japanese like foreigner...surely there are some people who don´t...but it´s everywhere...but from my expirience...to me, everyone in japan were so kind and helpfull...bnut it´s only my opinion...
(#10 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2011, 12:59 AM

Even though it is specific to America and addresses Black-White-Hispanic issues rather than immigrant issues and is NOT considered politically-correct by those who vehemently believe that all data indicating a higher rate of crime attributed to a particular ethnic group (or race) can be explained away by prejudiced police (or police system) and/or poverty, some may still wish to read this book "The Color of Crime: Race, Crime, and Justice in America , Second, Expanded Edition, 2005" (free download).

Major Findings of The Color of Crime -- Second, Expanded Edition (2005)

Quote:
Major Findings:
  • Police and the justice system are not biased against minorities.

Crime Rates
  • Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
  • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
  • Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.

Interracial Crime
  • Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
  • Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
  • Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
  • Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Gangs
  • Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
  • Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.

Incarceration
  • Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
  • Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.
One of the key authors of this, Jared Taylor was actually born and raised in Japan - and even taught Japanese courses at Harvard University Summer School.

Quote:
Jared Taylor

Education

1973 — BA, Philosophy, Yale University

Professional Experience

1974–1975: News Editor, Washington Times (now defunct)
1978–1981: International Lending Officer, Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co. (New York and Tokyo)
1983–1988: Contributing Editor and West Coast Editor, PC Magazine
1982–Present: Consultant to American companies doing business in Japan
1991–Present: Editor, American Renaissance
1994–Present: President, New Century Foundation

Books
  • Shadows of the Rising Sun: A Critical View of the Japanese Miracle, by Jared Taylor (WilliamMorrow & Co., 1983, 336 pp.)
  • The Tyranny of the New and Other Essays, by Jared Taylor (Kinseido Publishing, Tokyo, 1992, 89 pp.)
  • Paved With Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America, by Jared Taylor (Carroll & Graf, 1992, 416 pp.)
  • The Real American Dilemma: Race, Immigration, and the Future of America, by Jared Taylor (New Century Books, 1998, 139 pp.)
  • A Race Against Time: Racial Heresies for the 21st Century, by Jared Taylor (New Century Books, 2003, 331 pp.)

Articles and Essays

Wall Street Journal
Los Angeles Times
Chicago Tribune
Baltimore Sun
Washington Star
San Francisco Chronicle
Boston Globe
National Review
Chronicles
Mankind Quarterly
Washington Post
Occidental Quarterly
Journal of Political, Social, and Economic Studies
VDare.com

Personal Background

Jared Taylor was born in Japan, and has taught Japanese at Harvard Summer School. Mr. Taylor has also done course work for advanced degree entirely in French. Also, he is an accomplished classical and jazz musician.

College Speaking Engagements

University of Pennsylvania
Northwestern
George Mason University
Temple University Law School
Hillsdale College
University of Louisville
Howard University
Montclair State College
Anne Arundel Community College
John A. Logan Community College
Eastern Washington State University
University of Texas
Vanderbilt University
Clemson University
Texas A&M

Last edited by steel : 02-12-2011 at 01:10 AM.