LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demitrichan View Post
Is a lolita complex socially acceptable if controlled by the individual?
I have to agree with other posters on this. I don't think it will ever be acceptable.

I know some things were once unacceptable and have became acceptable over time, but I really don't think this is one of them. It's hard to explain, because I understand the fact that as long as you aren't hurting anyone then technically a wrong hasn't been done, but at the same time it is abnormal and people will always fear the risk that one day the individual won't be able to control it.

Surely a sexual urge is a sexual urge? People don't deny themselves sexually because of a law, for example when homosexuality was outlawed people still did it, records prove that judging by how they were arrested for it. If someone has a lolita complex - a desire for underage girls, I believe? - then I personally wouldn't trust them to not act on that desire. I doubt any sane adult who cares about children would either.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-24-2011, 03:48 AM

That would be the rub right there. The fact that children aren't adults yet.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-24-2011, 12:15 PM

I have to admit when I first came to Japan this was one of my biggest misunderstandings.

I remember thinking "what the hell?! why are all these guys attracted to childishness and childlike features? where is the western sex-appeal I'm used to?! it's like having sex with a child! eww eeewwww!!!!"

and then I got over it

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Someone who is sexually attracted to children will not be accepted under any circumstances by society.
Yeah, unless you are in Japan. Majority of girls look and behave like kids.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-24-2011, 01:44 PM

I get the whole appeal to it, despite it not being my style.

But I think it's important for all westerners to understand that regardless of how much a japanese guy may desire for his girlfriend to look and behave like a 10 year old, he would never consider doing anything to a 10 year old girl.

Then again, my ex had a 42 year old (married) boyfriend just after turning 14. And that's not an isolated incident as far girls I've met are concerned, so it does seem to happen a tad more here, at least in my experience, statutory rape, that is.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-24-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
Yeah, unless you are in Japan. Majority of girls look and behave like kids.
Having sex with children is not acceptable behavior in Japan.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-24-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I have to agree with other posters on this. I don't think it will ever be acceptable.

Surely a sexual urge is a sexual urge? People don't deny themselves sexually because of a law, for example when homosexuality was outlawed people still did it, records prove that judging by how they were arrested for it. If someone has a lolita complex - a desire for underage girls, I believe? - then I personally wouldn't trust them to not act on that desire. I doubt any sane adult who cares about children would either.
I totally agree.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-25-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Ghap, there is the "Lolita style" which is quite acceptable in some circles, but even that is look at with some disapproval by older people who know the term "Lolita Syndrome/Complex". They are not the same thing, though both took the name "Lolita" from the same rather scandalous literary work.

The only community I can cite that would tolerate someone they knew to have a Lolita Complex is the Leather-S/M-Fetish community. And even they will tolerate it only as FANTASY, not reality. It is only role playing by adults and costuming - just like the Lolita fashion statements. Once that boundary between fantasy and reality (and informed consent) is crossed, even that community will not tolerate it.

No civilized society accepts sexual use of children.
I agree no person can accept the abuse of children in any form!

Tho I hope you will accept also thats I have heard the term (even outside s+m) who are also talking about adults only.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
02-25-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghap View Post
I agree no person can accept the abuse of children in any form!

Tho I hope you will accept also thats I have heard the term (even outside s+m) who are also talking about adults only.
Yes, and those cases they are talking about role playing, fantasy and/or fetishes. That's a gray area that is open to interpretation on how moral it is.
It vents a psychological urge in such a way that it harms no one. And yet, it does foster a false image of acceptability in the real world.

But make no mistake, skewing pedophilia into outlets such as this that are more acceptable has proven not to alleviate the problem for the pedophile, or reduce the criminal activity associated with it to any significant degree. Studies in the prison systems with repeat offenders indicate that it is merely a delaying tactic until the urge can no longer be resisted.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-25-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Having sex with children is not acceptable behavior in Japan.
it'snot what i meant...honestly...read between the lines.