LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-25-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuurui View Post
it'snot what i meant...honestly...read between the lines.
Read between what lines? You said most women in Japan dress and behave like little girls. Besides the fact that isn't true at all, it still doesn't rule out the fact that people in Japan do not accept individuals that are sexually attracted to children.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-25-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Read between what lines? You said most women in Japan dress and behave like little girls. Besides the fact that isn't true at all, it still doesn't rule out the fact that people in Japan do not accept individuals that are sexually attracted to children.
MMM you sometimes bore me to death with your correctness.
I did not say anything about Japanese law approving or disapproving sex with children. And don't take "all" so seriously. You need vacation mate.

the between the lines means, that J chicks are childish.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-25-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
MMM you sometimes bore me to death with your correctness.
I did not say anything about Japanese law approving or disapproving sex with children. And don't take "all" so seriously. You need vacation mate.

the between the lines means, that J chicks are childish.
Who said anything about the law? I am talking about Japanese society. What "all" are you talking about?
(#24 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-25-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about the law? I am talking about Japanese society. What "all" are you talking about?
Ah you know the scary masses with hello kitty and plush toys around their phones in numbers that could scare the pants out of Chinese army, clothes on birds in their late 20s that fit teenagers going through the disaster of puberty, etc.

I must say though that last summer I have noticed a slight change in global fashion (in Tokyo), yet again like mindless a skull of fish they have all switched to shorts high heal boots and miniskirts now. Its the similar pattern to "oh no my neighbour's kid learns the violin so mine has to do it too asap".

All that clapping hands like baby seals on crack because a neighbour got a minipitbull made by Sony, or girls acting like they were weaker than dried petals of falling sakura in their late 80s. Nahmsaying?

Wasn't that Eisenhower who said that Japanese should be treated like they're 12 yo? Girls act that way because Japanese men require it, being pertified by a sight of independent women. I am talking about general pattern, not every single Japanese girl that lives. If it was so it would be an epidemy.

Last edited by ryuurui : 02-25-2011 at 09:44 PM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-25-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Ah you know the scary masses with hello kitty and plush toys around their phones in numbers that could scare the pants out of Chinese army, clothes on birds in their late 20s that fit teenagers coming through the disaster of puberty, etc.
Masses? I am not sure where you see "masses" of them, but I am familiar with kawaii as a style that some young women are attracted to. Looking at women in their 20s I think it would be hard to say most, or even a majority, are still into Hello Kitty and kawaii style.

Quote:
I must say though that last summer I have noticed a slight change in global fashion (in Tokyo), yet again like mindless a skull of fish they have all switched to shorts high heal boots and miniskirts now. Its the similar pattern to "oh no my neighbour's kid learns the violin so mine has to do it too asap".

All that clapping hands like baby seals on crack because a neighbour got a minipitbull made by Sony, or girls acting like they were weaker than dried petals of falling sakura in their late 80s. Nahmsaying?

Wasn't that Eisenhower who said that Japanese should be treated like their 12 yo? Girls act that way because Japanese men require it, being pertified by a sight of independent women. I am talking about general pattern, not every single Japanese girl that lives. If it was so it would be an epidemy.
It sounds like you are the one in need of a vacation. I am sensing Japan burnout.

Most Japanese men I know find that high voice cutesy stuff pretty annoying. I guess it depends on the circles you run around in.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

02-25-2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Masses? I am not sure where you see "masses" of them, but I am familiar with kawaii as a style that some young women are attracted to. Looking at women in their 20s I think it would be hard to say most, or even a majority, are still into Hello Kitty and kawaii style.

It sounds like you are the one in need of a vacation. I am sensing Japan burnout.

Most Japanese men I know find that high voice cutesy stuff pretty annoying. I guess it depends on the circles you run around in.
Its not circles that matter but the piont of view. I see them my way and you dont. Simple. Besides, if i was orbiting in the circles you think i am, i would really be in need of vacation.

Japan burnout? With what? I live far away from all that commercial rubbish. It doesnt agree with my digestive system.

Last edited by ryuurui : 02-25-2011 at 10:51 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-26-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Its not circles that matter but the piont of view. I see them my way and you dont. Simple. Besides, if i was orbiting in the circles you think i am, i would really be in need of vacation.  

Just because you have a point of view does not mean that point of view is valid or true. America's founding fathers' point of view was that black people were 3/5 human. That was their point of view.

I wouldn't dare guess what circles you run around with, but I don't see "most" of the women in Japan dressing as you describe or acting as you describe.

Quote:
Japan burnout? With what? I live far away from all that commercial rubbish. It doesnt agree with my digestive system.
"scary masses," "mindless...fish," "baby seals on crack," "weaker than dried petals of falling sakura,"... This how you describe Japanese women.

But this raises a question with me. Just because we see Hello Kitty as something for children, if it becomes fashionable, does that mean women he follow that fashion are acting like children?

I remember a few years ago the "Playboy bunny" symbol was in fashion, and even teens and younger could be seen wearing clothes with the Playboy bunny on it. Does that mean they are sluts?

The marijuana symbol was stylish for a time, and I remember seeing even schoolage boys with pot shirts on. Does that mean they are potheads?

Last edited by MMM : 02-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-26-2011, 04:47 AM

this argument is pretty funny in a ridiculous way haha

R says something that has a certain amount of truth and then blows it way out of proportion,
M retaliates with pointing out the grave disproportions of said statements

My point of view; Women in Japan tend to dress "fashionably" much longer into their lives than western women.
To a western mind it may well seem childish as it's normally just teens that dress that way back home, but now that I see pics of back home it's like relatively most women over the age of 30 give up entirely on being fashionable.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-26-2011, 05:50 AM

It might be that women in Japan try to get married as soon as they can, that the longer they wait..the less chance they have. Thus they stay with the current trends to try and stay "up to date". Least that is what I have read about.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-26-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
It might be that women in Japan try to get married as soon as they can, that the longer they wait..the less chance they have. Thus they stay with the current trends to try and stay "up to date". Least that is what I have read about.
I don't think that's it, it's just as likely for a married 30 year old to dress fashionably as a single one. Hell, even after they have children.

It's just the way it is, that Japanese woman may ask why many women stop dressing fashionably in western countries, and be just as boggled by it as you are.
Dressing fashionably, going to restaurants and cake shops, talking about your kids and husband's job etc with your small group of friends at a cafe, these traits define the typical woman in Japan, imo.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.