JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#531 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Incredible swarms of fish form off coast of Acapulco caused by Japanese tsunami ?!? | Animal Tales

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"
(#532 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2011, 07:39 PM

Those men in the plant are heroes. Hopefully people will realise how stupid nuclear power is.
(#533 (permalink))
Old
CarlVercetti (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
Those men in the plant are heroes. Hopefully people will realise how stupid nuclear power is.
Sorry but i must disagree. Nuclear power it's the future. Oil and carbon are EXTREMELY dangerous for the planet. Don't forget that the temperature of the earth is rising. And also remember that Fukushima's Nuclear Plant was builded in 1967 and after an 9.1 Earthquake the plant it's still there. An Earthquake 9.1 it's similar to a Nuclear Weapon that can unleash over 31600 megatons.

In Italy there will be a votation for the Nuclear Energy but it will end just like every others thing.
(#534 (permalink))
Old
ajisai666 (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 07:59 PM

I just watched a small clip of a video that said since it might be raining and/or snowing tonight in tokyo that the radioactive materials might seep into the soil. Anyone know anymore details about this??

~.::ajisai666::.~
(#535 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
03-15-2011, 08:27 PM

:-/ I've read that rain accelerates nuclear fallout, but nothing on what happens to the contaminated water itself when it reaches the soil.

but I'd bet it's true. stands to reason that once the water is contaminated, it's contaminated. if the water seeps into the soil, I would think the contamination would too.

thnx boboloko for the sig!
(#536 (permalink))
Old
ajisai666 (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 08:32 PM

Thank you for your reply. I'm so worried for the people of Japan

~.::ajisai666::.~
(#537 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-15-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post
for those wondering about the nuclear event scale:

International Nuclear Event Scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a 6 out of 7 is a serious accident, with a significant release of radioactive material.
This means it's worse than the Three Mile Incident. that was a 5.
Chernobyl is the only 7.
But Chernobyl was much older technology and if this had been like that plant it would have all been over (in the worst way) on day 1.

Quote:
as for the new quake... 6.1, the first quake due west of Tokyo. I'm still watching the USGS site.

I was thinking about Fuji before the nuclear reactors started melting...I really didn't want to say it, though... Japan needs to get better!
Ah,ha! Another geo-geek! I finally weened myself away from the USGS sometime Sunday, except for random quick checks.

I hadn't thought about Fuji, but only because there is another volcano - Mt. Iwate. Surprisingly, its web cam is still up!

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#538 (permalink))
Old
coltostallion (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlVercetti View Post
So the situation is still "calm" in Tokyo? Because here the media says that Tokyo it's looks like a Ghost Town and there is a "Radiation Allert" but they didn't say anything about the level.
There are less trains running than usual, and there are less people in major shopping areas so it probably looks more deserted than usual, but all of my friends in Tokyo are still there and still not overly worried about the situation.
(#539 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-15-2011, 10:04 PM

There is one flight a day from Tokyo to Portland. Today was the second day the flight was flown in a row. On the local news they showed a Japanese woman with her two sons. She said they had "evacuated" from Tokyo. She said Narita was full of thousands of people trying to evacuate. She also said the shelves in grocery stores and drug stores were empty. She couldn't even buy toilet paper in or around Tokyo.

Is this true?
(#540 (permalink))
Old
keeperxiii (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltostallion View Post
There are less trains running than usual, and there are less people in major shopping areas so it probably looks more deserted than usual, but all of my friends in Tokyo are still there and still not overly worried about the situation.
So, from my understanding, Tokyo and other big urbanized areas are not that bad (considering the quake and tsunamis) but everything else has suffered major destruction, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca View Post
With all the pictures coming out from this disaster, I can't help but notice how clean everybody is, is it just me or is it in almost every pic everybody is really clean wearing really clean clothes that look freshly washed and ironed even days after this has happened, including all the rooms they are taking shelter in all the blankets like they just come out the wash and everything freshly ironed crisp and clean, in fact only today did I see just one picture of a guy who had a bit of dust on his hands. Amazing.

Usually with natural disasters like this u would naturally see people covered in dirt and dust and looking dishevelled and untidy and terrified screaming, and here are these people calm and, again, I just can't help but notice, very very clean!
Yes, but that's only in the more urbanized areas, isn't? Unfortunately.

[img]www.img839.imageshack.us/img839/2382/copyoflargebanner555.jpg[/img]
www.2badcompany.blogspot.com
You can visit my DeviantArt page or my Monster Island forum if you like fantasy monsters and creatures (why wouldn't you?).
-----
If my signature is violating any rules I'm sorry but I can't access the sig rules section

Last edited by keeperxiii : 03-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.