JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#211 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-23-2011, 03:18 AM

Eh, either the radiation will be as bad as everyone thinks, or it won't. What will be, will be.
(#212 (permalink))
Old
lbtan (Offline)
New to JF

03-23-2011, 04:40 AM

Someone is right when he say there is no need to overact or panic unnecessary . The other side is saying better be safe than sorry, stay away as far as you can.
Looking at the possible long term radiation effects on enviroment, food chain ,public health and the fact that current safety status of the plants is still unclear, i will second the opinion of staying away as far as you can.
(#213 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

03-23-2011, 05:28 AM

"Better safe than sorry" often borders or crosses over onto uneducated paranoia, at which point there is no place safe from an individuals own ignorance.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#214 (permalink))
Old
Javen (Offline)
JF Regular

03-23-2011, 06:54 AM

eh nothings going to happen....a little radiation isn't going to hurt anyone

I just hope this causes plane tickets going east to be cheaper...so it wouldn't hurt my wallet so much when I plan to fly to RP this summer
(#215 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-23-2011, 04:57 PM

Since reading that the radiation levels are tolerable or intolerable seems to be getting nowhere fast, check this serises of charts for a visual comparison. Please note that most of us are already being exposed to twice the levels reported from the leaks.

Radiation Graphs

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#216 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
03-23-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Since reading that the radiation levels are tolerable or intolerable seems to be getting nowhere fast, check this serises of charts for a visual comparison. Please note that most of us are already being exposed to twice the levels reported from the leaks.

Radiation Graphs
i've posted that already in here. she's already disregarded it, along with any kind of reason that doesn't agree with her sensationalist opinion on the matter. she's completely disregarding factual evidence and just keeping this thread up because:

1) to rile everyone up
2) is not all that bright

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#217 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-23-2011, 07:40 PM

hello people, i make no panic and i donnot make it bigger than it is, i am very realistic because we have had 25 years experiences with chernobyl now .. everybody must have his own opinion and make his own decision .. i only can say better in a save area and look with distance of 500-1000 km what will happen than ill or death ... this would be my decision .. and you cannot trust official statements, they are all lying to make no mass panic of course ... it was the same like in chernobyl, they lie over years ... so, better go in distance, look what happen and maybe you can return if the situation is clear, maybe you can return never again .. it depends of the distance, the weather and what will happen now in near future ... but, of course, the radiation is not a question of one week or one month, its a developement over the next 1 mio. years ... in some areas it will be possible to settle with a calculated risk of cancer or maybe with no risk but in some areas you will never settle again ... thats facts ...

so, wait and see .. but to make the problem of radiation small and do take a risk, this is of course the complete wrong way ... to overact is false but not to act is more false ... make your own decision ... i only say, distance is the best reaction at moment if you can ... every animal would be clever to go in distance first and see what will happen ...

and all the others here in this thread will stop argumenting when the coming shit ist happened .. and at the moment it is not looking for a good end ... but this is of course clear, they have not only one problem, they have 6 problems .. and everybody who knows the mathematics know, that the quote of a good result therefore are goes down .. thats logically ... only one problem would be a risk but this are 6 problems ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It is alright to attack each other's arguments, but do not attack each other. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
sorry, but if you look you can see that termogard starts to attack me right in the beginning, it is full of attacks against me from the beginning on ... and this is not o.k. .. just look at the first comments of him ... the man is a problem in this thread ... i will not answer anymore at his comments now ... its really under my level ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Termogard, that warning includes you.
thank you, but you will see, he will not hear ... please watch this ...
by the way i am a big fan of the blues brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
"Better safe than sorry" often borders or crosses over onto uneducated paranoia, at which point there is no place safe from an individuals own ignorance.
well. radiated particles of fukushima came today to central europe, even germany over usa and island ... it should not be dangerous, they say.. but my time estimation of 10-14 days is real ... if this is bad or not, it came over 9000 km to us .. thats a fact ... so, fukushima is not far away .... and it think it is not possible to eat any fish without a dubious feeling inside ... thats horrible enough .. we all hope super gau will not happen because of the poor people in the area but although for people worldwide .. its not possible to bring a proof if you get ill therefore nobody will pay your health or life cost .. you are just going ill ... and you are alone with this problem ... nobody will be interested in how you life and where you money to life ... so, it is in our all interest that this situation will be overcomed in a good solution ... but at moment it does not look very good ...

i say it again : leave the area if you can, you have to decide that by yourself .. but if it is possible, leave this area and look with a distance of 500-1000 km what will happen ... and donnot believe in words the others tell you .. it is not only an influenca, it is radiation ... and nobody will tell you the truth about, you must inform yourself over internet, over chernobyl ... hope a lot of people read this and make a good decision ... there is no reason to overact or to get in panic, but of course the distance would be always a good decision . later on you can return .. but at moment it is better to look from distance what will happen ... there is no positive developement in the last 11 days ... and i fear it will not change .. they are only getting time ... that is a good for you to react ... use this time with sense ... in our human being it is not a question of intelligence but cleverness .. the clever people always make the good deal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Okay, boss, no problem
I have just responded to insult.
bye, bye little boy ...

maybe sth like this would help you in japan too .. look at Willkommen bei Gerhard Wisnewski ... it would be a good idea to make such a map in internet with private measure datas of radiation in japan too ... its a good idea and a big step in direction truth ..

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: multipost
(#218 (permalink))
Old
jugglingtam (Offline)
Banned

03-23-2011, 09:03 PM

This post made me giggle. People need to relax It's just fine...

Tam Does Japan… Again | Take Two in Tokyo
(#219 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-23-2011, 09:55 PM

The radioactive substance for water service on the east side of Tokyo to exceed the reference value is detected.
Kanamachi Purification Plant : 210Bq/l(becquerel/litre)
100Bq/l =2.2μsV internal exposure

It is terrible and scary.
There is a possibility of getting cancer when edge water is drunk by 21645.021645021645021645021645022 liters when contamination continues.
(When you do neither urination nor feces)
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeee bluejeansladyyyyyyyyyyyy

Incidently, the observation data of China is interesting.
环境保护部_动态信息
I want to see the observation data of EU.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#220 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
03-23-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
donnot believe in words the others tell you ..
This I totally agree, do not believe the recent burst of paranoids around here.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
Closed Thread