JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-18-2011, 08:15 AM

It is very generous for people in Europe and other places to open their homes here, but it is a little like telling a homeless person they "might" have a home 7000 miles away if they get on a plane and come.

There are no planes, as the airport is gone. Do we expect people to fly so far away when they don't know if their relatives are alive or dead?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-18-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaja View Post
you were practicing islam .where by all moslem are brothers without racisim or tribes so japanesse should do the same during this tsunami period treate each other with sympathy
Can the mods please ban this nutcase soon!!!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Mehran (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Yes, I have experienced this both first and second hand. I have seen Japanese take in cousins they have never met before and friends of friends who need a hand, but complete strangers seems rare.

I was watching one tv show with Tokoro George and they sent some minor talento with a camera crew to a remote area of Hokkaido or northern Honshu with only like 300 yen a day or something. I think the first night he spent the night in the park because he couldn't find someone to put him up for the night (even with a camera crew in tow). The next night he knocked on dozens of doors, but finally found a home that let him stay for a night or two (in exchange for working around the house and farm).
It could be possible to spread the word around. I have a first hand experience with this and I know it works. Even if one displaced family finds much needed support that would be an accomplishment. If anyone sends the message to couple of people they know it would be a great deal of support.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-18-2011, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I was watching one tv show with Tokoro George and they sent some minor talento with a camera crew to a remote area of Hokkaido or northern Honshu with only like 300 yen a day or something. I think the first night he spent the night in the park because he couldn't find someone to put him up for the night (even with a camera crew in tow). The next night he knocked on dozens of doors, but finally found a home that let him stay for a night or two (in exchange for working around the house and farm).
I didn`t notice this the first time around, so didn`t reply to it... but I am absolutely sure this has a lot more to do with the fact that there were cameras in tow. Letting someone stay in your house is one thing - letting cameras film every inch of your home when you weren`t even expecting guests at all is another.
I wouldn`t have an issue with letting someone in need stay the night - but I can guarantee I would say no if someone famous showed up out of the blue to film their experience in my home.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.