LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
No still leaving unfortunately. Wife's decision, not mine!

I looked at living in Canada. I have spent a whole winter in BC before working for a heli-ski company and loved the place. It was just easier to get a sponsored work visa to Japan than to Canada otherwise I may well have ended up there.
You still could if your wife likes it
BC is a great place! If you're in north Vancouver it's a short drive to Whistler for you and also across the river to downtown big city for your wife

just a thought

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Lien (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Lien
04-06-2011, 07:51 AM

So a lot of caucasians are weeaboos and then what about asians trying to be white ? Come on give it a break, let the people who think they'll find nirvana in Japan give it a try, maybe they'll be dissapointed, maybe not, who cares ? You can never change your race or skin color, unless you're the new Michael Jackson, so be happy with it. I too wished I was born in Canada, but well I was born in this stupid country of mine, so I'll just have to live with that. Japan is like any other country, bad things, good things and to most people it's like a totally different world. I also think it's totally different, but then again The Arabian Emigrates, Australia, Alaska, Greenland, ... is totally different from my country too. Ah well this will probably not be helping, but it's 9:48 AM, I'm waiting for class to begin and I'm half asleep

(#43 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-06-2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmei View Post
...japanese people?
ha ha i like that.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-06-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
So you're saying Asians are weeaboos I get it.. lol^^

You guys make ME Sick!

You know, I will tell you a little story on how I found out that I am Asian inside.
I went to Australia, NewZealand and South East Asia with the Working Holiday Programm in 2007.

I've met my first real Asian's on this trip and it changed my perspective of life and how I would like to live my life when I get back to Germany.

I've went to so many Hostels and so many Bar's and Nightclubs, Events in all of Australia and I had the pleasure to meet so many lovely Asian people as well.
Everytime when I visited a new Hostel, Asians were looked down on just like you said, weeaboos or something which isn't cool... yeah right..

Asian's were alone most of the time, spending there times with fellow Koreans/Japanese.. they just couldn't find a way to get into the Western people group or feel that they would belong there. Western people, especially dummys like you guys, looked down at them for being something which people like you call weird all the time. It's sickened me so much, that I wanted to experince how it would be like to travel with 2 or 3 Korean's/Japanese alone. After this experience I wanted ZERO part of morons like you two anymore.

It was the by far most heartwarming and loving experince I had in my short lifetime so far. I discovered something so beautiful which I still can't describe to other people. I've made and have since then built up a friendship with these Asians that I do not want to live without such poeple anymore. I know my life is great, I happen to be born in Germany.. which is just an outstanding country after all. However nobody understands my desire to meet these people again and to spend time maybe even my life with them. Most of my friends (the ones I traveled with in OZ and NZ) couldn't understand my love for Asian people. Just like the Western group in the so called Hostels all around Australia, New Zealand and so on which I mentioned.. hell even Sweden..

Both of you.. you guys are the reason why I hate the western society. You are the reason why I can not go out without ending up in a bar fight and you are the reason why this place is cold. I want to be the furthest away from you people and also why are you in a Japan Forum anyway. These weeaboos right..you guys are the reason why I do not want any part of your culture anymore. Maybe when you guys change someday.. you guys are the reason for my dislike towards the Western society.

But you guys won't ever get that either.. because yea weeaboos right, dummys
Thank you. LOL there should be like anti-weaboo discrimination laws.
See,I think we go on message boards to wind down,to have fun,whereas some other people are a bit autistic and take the term "discussion forum" far too literally. They just argue with everything you say and then if you try and stop them ripping into someone they go "WE'RE HAVING A DISCUSSION!"
They're obsessed with discussions,these people.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-06-2011, 08:32 AM

actually this is a discussion forum isn't it?

all ages and generations.

if ever i went to japan i would like to see those ice sculptures in hokkaido i believe.

vist shrines, see the countryside. I am not fond of large crowded cities at all.

have lessons in calligraphy, meet a few locals. hopefully have a friend to guide me--visit japanese gardens etc. experience cherry blossom time.

how boring am I. oh yes, and visit hot springs.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
04-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
They just argue with everything you say and then if you try and stop them ripping into someone they go "WE'RE HAVING A DISCUSSION!"
They're obsessed with discussions,these people.
These people include you too, since you get in discussions with an argument that goes against other ideas.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#47 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-06-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
So you're saying Asians are weeaboos I get it.. lol^^

You guys make ME Sick!

You know, I will tell you a little story on how I found out that I am Asian inside.
I went to Australia, NewZealand and South East Asia with the Working Holiday Programm in 2007.

I've met my first real Asian's on this trip and it changed my perspective of life and how I would like to live my life when I get back to Germany.

I've went to so many Hostels and so many Bar's and Nightclubs, Events in all of Australia and I had the pleasure to meet so many lovely Asian people as well.
Everytime when I visited a new Hostel, Asians were looked down on just like you said, weeaboos or something which isn't cool... yeah right..

Asian's were alone most of the time, spending there times with fellow Koreans/Japanese.. they just couldn't find a way to get into the Western people group or feel that they would belong there. Western people, especially dummys like you guys, looked down at them for being something which people like you call weird all the time. It's sickened me so much, that I wanted to experince how it would be like to travel with 2 or 3 Korean's/Japanese alone. After this experience I wanted ZERO part of morons like you two anymore.

It was the by far most heartwarming and loving experince I had in my short lifetime so far. I discovered something so beautiful which I still can't describe to other people. I've made and have since then built up a friendship with these Asians that I do not want to live without such poeple anymore. I know my life is great, I happen to be born in Germany.. which is just an outstanding country after all. However nobody understands my desire to meet these people again and to spend time maybe even my life with them. Most of my friends (the ones I traveled with in OZ and NZ) couldn't understand my love for Asian people. Just like the Western group in the so called Hostels all around Australia, New Zealand and so on which I mentioned.. hell even Sweden..

Both of you.. you guys are the reason why I hate the western society. You are the reason why I can not go out without ending up in a bar fight and you are the reason why this place is cold. I want to be the furthest away from you people and also why are you in a Japan Forum anyway. These weeaboos right..you guys are the reason why I do not want any part of your culture anymore. Maybe when you guys change someday.. you guys are the reason for my dislike towards the Western society.

But you guys won't ever get that either.. because yea weeaboos right, dummys
The problem with your dream, is that you will NEVER be accepted as Japanese. Take it from a guy who is marrying a Japanese woman speaks the language fluently and has lived here (Japan) for 7 years. You will never on the whole be considered Japanese, you will always be the token foreigner living in Japanese society, doesn't matter how much of the culture you understand, doesn't matter how well you speak the language, people will look at you and think "foreigner" and treat you accordingly. You need to wake up from your delusion, be happy about who you are and learn to accept and enjoy what that will mean for you here, otherwise you ARE going to be as miserable here, as you THINK you are in your own society. People are making fun of you on here because they know how silly your endeavor to be Asian is, and honestly the more you talk the more apparent it becomes how little you really understand about Japanese society. I am not trying to persecute you here, I am just telling you the truth.

Last edited by RickOShay : 04-06-2011 at 10:44 AM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerPenguin View Post
Yeah, dogsbody had the same thing happen in a similar thread. Whacha gonna do?

Haha. No, you don't get it LOL. Seriously, one google could've told you what a weeaboo was. A weeaboo is

Further reading --> Wapanese/Weeaboo - Encyclopedia Dramatica

I wasn't making fun of Asian people, I just think stupid western people who believe they're Asian/Japanese are hilarious. So you COMPLETELY misinterpreted what I said, thought I was racist against Asian people (I guess) and made a bunch of generalizations about me and what a horrible 'dummy' westerner I was even though all you've seen from me was a small blurb of text.

I love the Japanese culture, I wouldn't have studied Japanese for 8 years and become a freelance translator if I hated Japanese people. I have no idea why you assume I look down on people of other races. If anyone does this it's you.

My comment wasn't even that mean. I said your comment 'sounded like such a delusional weeaboo thing to say' which is true (considering what weeaboo actually means). I didn't directly call you a weeaboo. Moreover, you insulted me a lot for no particular reason. Your post was incredibly childish. You could've shared your differing opinion without being a crybaby about it the way JamboP26 did. He's the same age as I am (younger than you) and he was much more mature about this than you were. Just because somebody has a different opinion doesn't make them 'HOMG cold horrible racist westerners' who personally seek opportunities to make you feel sad

Good lord dude, get a grip!
"Hey Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his butthurt level!?"
You guys know the answer
Why? You just proved my point even further! "Weeaboos" is just like being weird to you dude. You have no clue what so ever. Why do you call me a weebboo?? just because I want to spend time rather with Asians then Western dummys??
Oh my goodddd what a weeaboo that guy is I just happen to be born here dude.. it doesn't mean I am that way or that I need to spend my entire life here, not in the 21st century!!!!

Your prejudices is so wrong man! I told you what prejudices truly is. The close minded Western people I've met hundreds and hundreds of them all around Australia and NZ. It weren't just English guys, every Western guy did it and they thought they were something better, more valuable then these Asians..

This is a god damn Forum I get that.. people will always hate on such places, I get that too and I don't feel the need to justify myself infront of an audience I couldn't care less about. If you are happy with how you live your life then continue. Why change what makes you happy? I want to experience something better, even if for you better makes me a weaaboo..lol

Stop please with all these terrible prejudices towards people you do know nothing about. Everybody is different on this planet earth and I feel that I do not belong to this group of people anymore.

Repect other peoples opinions and also respect that people are different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
The problem with your dream, is that you will NEVER be accepted as Japanese. Take it from a guy who is marrying a Japanese woman speaks the language fluently and has lived here (Japan) for 7 years. You will never on the whole be considered Japanese, you will always be the token foreigner living in Japanese society, doesn't matter how much of the culture you understand, doesn't matter how well you speak the language, people will look at you and think "foreigner" and treat you accordingly. You need to wake up from your delusion, be happy about who you are and learn to accept and enjoy what that will mean for you here, otherwise you ARE going to be as miserable here, as you THINK you are in your own society. People are making fun of you on here because they know how silly your endeavor to be Asian is, and honestly the more you talk the more apparent it becomes how little you really understand about Japanese society. I am not trying to persecute you here, I am just telling you the truth.
who even said that? I don't want to be Japanese, Korean or Chinese.. I am very happy with who I am and how I look like and how I act and how I think. I just want to spend my time with people who are like me, who act like me and who behave like me, is that too much too ask?
I couldn't care less if people will always call me a foreigner or something else..gaijin and so on.. who cares? As long as I can be with the people I love the most I will be happy.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 04-06-2011 at 11:23 AM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-06-2011, 11:22 AM

you may be disappointed to learn that people are really all the same everywhere...

there's a slight change in facade, but it's all the same once you get to know people of any culture...

but if that small difference is what you mean then go for it, enjoy that life

I just hope you don't expect people to behave differently based on their ethnicity, which is otherwise known as racism

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
These people include you too, since you get in discussions with an argument that goes against other ideas.
Maybe I have. I don't know. I'm not gonna lie. But I have admitted that I might have. That is where it ends. You do not take this any further.

Last edited by tokusatsufan : 04-06-2011 at 11:39 AM.