LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

04-06-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Everytime when I visited a new Hostel, Asians were looked down on just like you said, weeaboos or something which isn't cool... yeah right..

Asian's were alone most of the time, spending there times with fellow Koreans/Japanese.. they just couldn't find a way to get into the Western people group or feel that they would belong there. Western people, ... , looked down at them ... It's sickened me so much,
Whenever I see this treatment of asians by caucasians as second class human beings in Australia (which unfortunately is all too often) it makes me sigh and think "What small people living in their small little world". They never stop to think that when you compare even just one asian country such as Japan to Australia on population, economy, depth of culture and history and general influence in what goes on in the world it is like comparing lions to stink beetles.

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com
(#32 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-06-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenmins View Post
Whenever I see this treatment of asians by caucasians as second class human beings in Australia (which unfortunately is all too often) it makes me sigh and think "What small people living in their small little world". They never stop to think that when you compare even just one asian country such as Japan to Australia on population, economy, depth of culture and history and general influence in what goes on in the world it is like comparing lions to stink beetles.
It was one of the most depressing things I have learned in life. People just can't and probably won't ever see in the next upcoming century's how lovely, how funny and just how wonderful these people are. I lost almost all my desire and Respect to life in the Western Society after I had to witness this incredible disrespectful beahviour in every god damn Hostel..

only a small group of Western people will appreciate the love and kindness of Asian people. I am very happy that you are one of them tenmins.

I thought I would find like-minded persons in a Japan Forum, even if you have to sieve.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 04-06-2011 at 12:43 AM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-06-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:

Asian's were alone most of the time, spending there times with fellow Koreans/Japanese.. they just couldn't find a way to get into the Western people group or feel that they would belong there. Western people, especially dummys like you guys, looked down at them for being something which people like you call weird all the time. It's sickened me so much, that I wanted to experince how it would be like to travel with 2 or 3 Korean's/Japanese alone. After this experience I wanted ZERO part of morons like you two anymore.
How do you know this type of attitude isnt just because they want to be around people who are similiar to them? I see this in the states people mostly hang out with their own ethnicity and i see that here in Japan as well. It not that we dont want to hang out with Japanese people BECAUSE WE DO, but it is extremely difficult with the culture here.

Difficult as in western culture when you may meet someone the first time and hit it off well and go and hang out with them next day, but here in japan that doesnt happen "very" often. it a different culture and it takes time. Most people are busy and if you dont see that person everyday or a couple times a week, then it even harder!

But im not complaining, i am starting to form relationship with people but it has taken 8 months and im only going to be here for 11 months, i may be extending this year. I like japan but it like a rollercoaster ride, one minute I am high and happy and the next I want to run for the hills.

But i think what help me was to not have so high expectation like some of you here who thinks like in japan is just AMAZING! Well it is sometimes and it not others times. Do more research too! that awesome helps

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#34 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

04-06-2011, 02:09 AM

You will find all sorts of people in all races. There are many heart warming white/black/mideast/hispanc people and there are mean Aisans. So ;look for kind people in al races

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Ehayes (Offline)
New to JF

04-06-2011, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I flew out of Misawa on JAS to Haneda.... I'm sure that JAL still has flights there. Misawa has a small airport, but it should have daily flights to Tokyo's Haneda. They use the same runway as the military base. JAL flight 1225 flies in the morning at the cost of 29,670 yen....

As far as I know, the Tohoku Shinkansen isn't operating on all of its track to this day.
So since last I knew, NEX was still out of operation, how do I get to Haneda? Thanks Oh yeah, my flight does not get in until 3pm
(#36 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-06-2011, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehayes View Post
So since last I knew, NEX was still out of operation, how do I get to Haneda? Thanks Oh yeah, my flight does not get in until 3pm
Friendly Airport Limousine Airport Limousine Bus-Airport Transport Service Co., Ltd has an interairport service.

Japan Airlines flight JL1229 leaves Haneda (HND) at 1720 and lands at Misawa (MSJ) at 1835.... The return flights leave at 0955, 1555 and 1915, arriving HND at 1115, 1715 and 2035. You can book it on Travelocity for $726 round trip....

Now, even though 2hrs 20min may seem a tad close between connections, there have been discussions here about this and most people here thought it is doable....

Last edited by JohnBraden : 04-06-2011 at 03:11 AM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿

04-06-2011, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Another thread where weaboos can share their dreams and visions of a fantasy land called Japan.

Dejavu all over again.
Yeah, dogsbody had the same thing happen in a similar thread. Whacha gonna do?

Quote:
So you're saying Asians are weeaboos I get it.. lol^^
Haha. No, you don't get it LOL. Seriously, one google could've told you what a weeaboo was. A weeaboo is
Quote:
A non-Japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves Japanese.
Further reading --> Wapanese/Weeaboo - Encyclopedia Dramatica

I wasn't making fun of Asian people, I just think stupid western people who believe they're Asian/Japanese are hilarious. So you COMPLETELY misinterpreted what I said, thought I was racist against Asian people (I guess) and made a bunch of generalizations about me and what a horrible 'dummy' westerner I was even though all you've seen from me was a small blurb of text.

I love the Japanese culture, I wouldn't have studied Japanese for 8 years and become a freelance translator if I hated Japanese people. I have no idea why you assume I look down on people of other races. If anyone does this it's you.

My comment wasn't even that mean. I said your comment 'sounded like such a delusional weeaboo thing to say' which is true (considering what weeaboo actually means). I didn't directly call you a weeaboo. Moreover, you insulted me a lot for no particular reason. Your post was incredibly childish. You could've shared your differing opinion without being a crybaby about it the way JamboP26 did. He's the same age as I am (younger than you) and he was much more mature about this than you were. Just because somebody has a different opinion doesn't make them 'HOMG cold horrible racist westerners' who personally seek opportunities to make you feel sad

Good lord dude, get a grip!
"Hey Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his butthurt level!?"
You guys know the answer
(#38 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

04-06-2011, 05:44 AM

Well I found pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I moved to Japan. I wanted to live in a place that had snow to sea level. Hokkaido has snow to sea level for almost 5 months. I wanted to live and work at a ski resort, in the ski industry. I've done that for almost 8 years. I wanted to live a simpler, less consumeristic lifestyle. Rural Hokkaido is a great place for that. I wanted to live close to the outdoors with easy access to mountains, rivers, lakes and beaches. Within an hour of my house I have an abundance of all of those (many within 10mins of my house). I wanted to live in a close community, the sort of place where when you drive to work you know half the people in the cars you pass. Where the community does a lot of events and things together, where you know nearly everyone by name. I got that here as well.
Nothing in the above had anything really to do with Japanese culture. I knew almost nothing about Japan before coming here and had little interest in it at all beyond the fact that Japan had areas to live that fit the criteria above that I was looking for. I've come to love many aspects of the culture and am also incredibly frustrated by many aspects of it. I've lived in a community though that is not what you could call typical Japan. It is a mixed foreign/Japanese community where most people speak english and have travelled a lot. Many are here for similar reasons aas myself, getting away from the ratrace in the west or other parts of Japan to live a lifestyle centred around the outdoors and in particular winter sports. Instead of a lifestyle centred around materialism and making lots of money. Most people here earn very little money but they have lives full of adventure and great experiences. Living in this community has been one of the best experiences of my life that's for sure.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-06-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Well I found pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I moved to Japan. I wanted to live in a place that had snow to sea level. Hokkaido has snow to sea level for almost 5 months. I wanted to live and work at a ski resort, in the ski industry. I've done that for almost 8 years. I wanted to live a simpler, less consumeristic lifestyle. Rural Hokkaido is a great place for that. I wanted to live close to the outdoors with easy access to mountains, rivers, lakes and beaches. Within an hour of my house I have an abundance of all of those (many within 10mins of my house). I wanted to live in a close community, the sort of place where when you drive to work you know half the people in the cars you pass. Where the community does a lot of events and things together, where you know nearly everyone by name. I got that here as well.
Nothing in the above had anything really to do with Japanese culture.
That's funny, a lot of those things you mentioned are very similar to parts of Canada I've been in.

I thought you had to go back to Aus? Did you bail on that to stay in Japan?

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

04-06-2011, 05:55 AM

No still leaving unfortunately. Wife's decision, not mine!

I looked at living in Canada. I have spent a whole winter in BC before working for a heli-ski company and loved the place. It was just easier to get a sponsored work visa to Japan than to Canada otherwise I may well have ended up there.