JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Not only is this the most non-event ever, i would go further and say that anyone who actually is excited by it should be executed for being massive LOSERS. Get a life people.

F@@@ the queen, her family and all her followers, and to those who go on about the money they bring in, i guarantee you if we take all their possesions and property and stop supporting these germans then we would actually see more money!

and plus people would stil pay to come and see the royal family if they were behind bars and put on show lol.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
04-23-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
We will actually gain money from this as previously stated. And we get a day off, geez. No pleasing some people
How's that? I seriously doubt it =/ It's kinda insulting to throw such a big wedding when the whole world's going through a global crisis. It's you British people with your taxes who're paying for it (most of it). Why should you guys pay for someone else's wedding when people can't even afford their own?

Anyway, I don't really care much for it. Just think it'd be nice of them to cut down on expenses and not make such a big thing out of it, cause the country ain't at its best to be wasting money on this kinda stuff when they could do the same thing on a smaller scale and still make it a beautiful wedding.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#13 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-23-2011, 08:20 AM

when I consider all the fuss over so called celebrities-- Here we have our future king marrying his bride to be and we are privileged to observe all the glory and pageantry.usually glorious music is sung--those noble jet black horses--The well trained cavalry riders who are young men who also are every day soldiers--Britain does wonderful displays that delight the eye.

I am thankful that we are privileged to have this wedding recorded for posterity.

The Royals do a lot for this country--- they are excellent diplomats and our Queen at 85 is still doing her duty and visiting many charities and functions often when i bet she would rather be putting her feet up. Prince Philip also works extremely hard.It can never have been easy for him

It represents our country and brings in many tourists from abroad who love to
observe the colourful parades.

I shall record it on dvd---I just am sad when i consider what happened to Princess Diana and think of the terrible life she led-- yet she tried so hard to help out in the world. Wanted to ban the use of land mines--she was so much loved- but in my eyes-- so abused by the royals---------.AND the Paparazzi who made her life hell in order to capture a picture of her for the newspapers. yet those who bought those newspapers were partly responsible in a way. I wish kate a much happier experience with her young Prince-- who resembles his mother so much. At least I believe that here is true love between the two-- whereas I believe it was one way with Diana- rather like-- A marriage has been arranged.

I think that Kate has a different personality--- will survive the Burden of being part of the Royal family.

I personally would not wish to be born into that family-- which has so little privacy-- despite the privileges they appear to have.

I for one shall enjoy this One day of Pageantry and feel sure that millions of others will be glad for a day off work-- although my japanese friend is not allowed time off her EFL school to watch this part of British Culture. what a shame. I wish Wills and Kate a loving life together and pray that kate will not be harassed as Diana was.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TeaAndScones (Offline)
New to JF

04-27-2011, 01:08 AM

The Royal family is nothing but a reminder of a once oppressive regime that ruled the world with an iron first exploiting others for own personal gain.

Whilst, It's not like that anymore, Still, I won't be bothering, I have better things to do.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2011, 08:22 AM

I don't go into college on Fridays anyway so it's not even a day off to me,it's just nothing.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
I don't go into college on Fridays anyway so it's not even a day off to me,it's just nothing.
I'm in the exact same boat. While I understand the important of the event, I think its blown all out of proportion. Only real good thing to me about it, is the Fast Five film came out here a week earlier than the rest of the world because of the wedding. Lol

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#17 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

04-27-2011, 10:23 AM

I'm looking forward to this, but I'll be in exams all day, so I'll probably have to watch replays at night!

I don't think it's blown out of proportion at all! It's an important event which deserves all the luxury it's getting... Talking about global crisis and taxes etc is kinda stupid in my opinion! When Cameron can afford to give £650million to Pakistan, I'm sure Britain can afford to INVEST in a wedding that will pay dividends for years to come!
And talking about the royal family as a reminder of an opressive regime is even more stupid! It's always easy to look at the evil in countries/states/empires etc, but somehow all the good is forgotten... Without the Royal Family, there wouldn't have been an empire, without the empire, the world would have taken a different path in 1940!!!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

04-27-2011, 10:42 AM

there are some real sceptics here aren't there.

Still I for one will enjoy it.

They Royal family are great diplomats and help this country in many ways.

Maybe some would rather be ruled by the current dictators.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-27-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
F@@@ the queen, her family and all her followers, and to those who go on about the money they bring in, i guarantee you if we take all their possesions and property and stop supporting these germans then we would actually see more money!
That's quite an extreme view. Diana was not like the rest,you've gotta remember you can't touch Diana. People tend to go off making Diana jokes anyway.

I just want the Queen to leave and let someone else have a go.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

04-27-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
That's quite an extreme view. Diana was not like the rest,you've gotta remember you can't touch Diana. People tend to go off making Diana jokes anyway.

I just want the Queen to leave and let someone else have a go.
for goodness sake, what difference will it make if someone else becomes the monarch.

It entails a lot of hard work on our behalf. I hope they allow William many years before he takes on the burden of Monarch.

why should the queen give up? She is amarvellous representative of this country-- I doubt there wil be many to follow her example.