(#111 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
05-21-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
What good would personally admitting that do? Especially if it wasn't true.

There are all sorts of forces within a country that you must take into account.

My opinion is that the Pakistan government at the highest level wants to cooperate with the USA and that they aren't cahoots with anyone. That's based on a simple assessment of what I think the people in power of Pakistan's interests are.

Problem is that you're in charge of a country with a large anti-American sentiment that runs through it.
That is very much true. They hate our guts over there, And I don't blame them for it. We made a very bad reputation for policing the rest of the world, and now we are suffering for it.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-21-2011, 06:17 AM

If someone hates you and wants to beat you up, pinning them down to the ground until they cry uncle and promise to give up etc is not a good way to prevent them from doing that, if anything it just guarantees further antipathy.

Obviously, on a national scale, allowing those with ill intentions to carry out their desires is unacceptable.

I wont pretend to have the answer, I just see the flaws in hindsight of the way the situation was dealt with.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
05-22-2011, 03:13 AM

Ok so Bin Laden is dead and his body is in the ocean....now what?

As for the way it was carried out, I don't really care that he was shot instead of being captured and given a trial. On one hand, yeah that would've have been interesting to know that he was captured and put to trial and see him go thru the "justice'' system, but on the other hand, this guy was a terrorist, and he didn't give a rats ass about who died and who didn't or how it was done.

Why should we care about how and the way he died?

That's one terrorist less to worry about, I think.

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#114 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-22-2011, 05:12 AM

My point Ronin is that Pakistan comes out looking weak. They either can't be trusted by thier allies or they are not capable of doing anything on thier own...This should be concerning since they have Nuclear weapons.
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-22-2011, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post

As for the way it was carried out, I don't really care that he was shot instead of being captured and given a trial. On one hand, yeah that would've have been interesting to know that he was captured and put to trial and see him go thru the "justice'' system, but on the other hand, this guy was a terrorist, and he didn't give a rats ass about who died and who didn't or how it was done.

Why should we care about how and the way he died?
How about you read the thread before you ask such questions?
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-22-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
My point Ronin is that Pakistan comes out looking weak. They either can't be trusted by thier allies or they are not capable of doing anything on thier own...This should be concerning since they have Nuclear weapons.
Um... You just reworded the same thing you said before.

Why did you bring that up is what I'm saying... Was it just an FYI? Or was it actually relevant to the discussion?
(#117 (permalink))
Old
Eiri (Offline)
Random lost person

Send a message via Yahoo to Eiri
05-22-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
How about you read the thread before you ask such questions?
I did, that was my opinion on the matter, since there was a lot of back and forth on the issue that he should had been captured and put on trial. I see the why capturing him alive and put him to trial and make him pay for his crimes would've been a better way of handling it, but since he coordinated many attacks and has had God knows how many people killed, why bother?

My Property:Pexster, Slykaz1

If the ocean was vodka and i was a duck,
i would go to the bottom and drink my way up
but the ocean isn't vodka and i'm no duck
so pass up the bottle and shut the hell up!

Score: Eiri: 43 Slykaz1: 78Rojjin: 59 Yuna7780: 79 reihino:15 Crani:22 Ramones1976:0 AnimeBaby:3 Arikado:1 Kikibunny23:3
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

05-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri View Post
I did, that was my opinion on the matter, since there was a lot of back and forth on the issue that he should had been captured and put on trial. I see the why capturing him alive and put him to trial and make him pay for his crimes would've been a better way of handling it, but since he coordinated many attacks and has had God knows how many people killed, why bother?
That's weird then

Because you asked the question

"Why should we care about how and the way he died? "

And the answer as to why was given by me and I suspect before then by someone else (though I didn't read the whole thread myself).
(#119 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-23-2011, 12:43 AM

Pakistan is one country but with many internal forces, this must be recognised by anyone entering into a partnership with Pakistan as the USA indeed does.

Anyone who just out and out keeps saying "well Pakistan knew or Pakistan was this or Pakistan was that" fails to understand the above fact. The US government understands that Pakistan is in turmoil and indeed somewhat compromised from within however they understand that it is VITAL to their national interest to stay close to the Pakistanis and in such a relationship as this - that means MONEY !!

All the morons that keep calling for something to be done to Pakistan as a result of the bin laden raid, really have no idea of the complexity of the relationship between the US, Pakistan and the neighbouring regions and really people get over yourselves - you think the CIA and the US government are stupid?

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#120 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

05-23-2011, 05:17 AM

Being allied with Pakistan is like being allied with a shark, sure it has a good attack ability, but you don't know who it wants to bite any given moment.