JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-03-2011, 11:24 PM

Suki, you ask me if I believe in Justice, while ignoring my questions. You skipped the part where I said I don't know the answer 100%, but am raising the question. When an admitted mass murderer says he intends to keep killing and keep killing, and he has a 25 million dollar bounty on his head, is that the same? Or has he given up his basic human rights when he so openly and brazenly swipes not only the rights, but the lives of so many thousands?
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-04-2011, 12:06 AM

The Soviets would have shot Hitler in the head. Kinda the way we did with Osama. He never should have been given Muslim anything, he was a terrorist who attacked the US and killed 3,000 civilians. He should have been dumped in a carbage pit and left to rot. Better yet, place his corpse in the foundation of the new building they are building by ground zero. So his bones will support the tallest building in the US.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-04-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Suki, you ask me if I believe in Justice, while ignoring my questions.
Ok, sorry about that.

Quote:
That being said, governments have engaged in "shoot to kill" missions all over the globe. Are these never justified? Is a clear shot at Osama bin Laden, or Hitler, or other not "suspected" but "known" war criminals not justified?
Legally justified or morally justified?

I don't see the point in shoot-to-kill missions unless there's no other way to get a hold of the person they are after. If Bin Laden was fighting back then sure, it's only right to defend one's self and the shooter could claim he was only shooting cause he was being shot at. But I'm afraid this was not the case. Why do you kill someone you can put on trial and let a jury judge the evidence against him? Did President Obama say he wanted him dead rather than alive? Because if they were able to shoot him dead, they would have been able to overpower him and take him out of the country for him to be properly tried and punished according to US laws.

Quote:
When an admitted mass murderer says he intends to keep killing and keep killing, and he has a 25 million dollar bounty on his head, is that the same? Or has he given up his basic human rights when he so openly and brazenly swipes not only the rights, but the lives of so many thousands?
Yeah, I'm not arguing that! I'm saying WHY kill a criminal when you have the chance to capture him and have him tried in court?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post

Legally justified or morally justified?
The US is at war. Osama bin Laden was Enemy #1. I think the killing of bin Laden can be arguably legally and morally justified being in a state of war.

Quote:
I don't see the point in shoot-to-kill missions unless there's no other way to get a hold of the person they are after. If Bin Laden was fighting back then sure, it's only right to defend one's self and the shooter could claim he was only shooting cause he was being shot at. But I'm afraid this was not the case. Why do you kill someone you can put on trial and let a jury judge the evidence against him? Did President Obama say he wanted him dead rather than alive? Because if they were able to shoot him dead, they would have been able to overpower him and take him out of the country for him to be properly tried and punished according to US laws.
Again, we do not know all the details of what happened in the moments before bin Laden was shot and killed. What we do know is that he was using one of his wives as a shield, and she was shot. He was resisting arrest (which implies an arrest was attempted) and that he was not armed with a firearm.

Pres. Obama did not say he wanted him dead, rather than alive, but he wanted him dead or alive.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not arguing that! I'm saying WHY kill a criminal when you have the chance to capture him and have him tried in court?
I guess my answer would be, is there a difference between a suspected criminal (innocent until proven guilty in a court of law) or a war criminal, who publicly lauds his own acts of war with pride during a time of war?

If there is no difference, then how is any death during wartime justifiable? How can any attack ever be planned or executed if no deaths can justifiably happen?
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
05-04-2011, 06:18 PM

Alright. I really don't have much else to say other than just rephrase myself. But I think I've gotten my point across so my job here is done.

I just think Bin Laden should have been made captive and put on trial rather than killed in the act. But you are right, we do not know the reasons that brought the shooter to actually shoot him dead (even though I still believe he could have been overpowered at that point), so no point arguing further.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#76 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-04-2011, 08:21 PM

I am happy to see the White House has chosen not to release the photos of a bloody and maimed corpse that was formerly Osama bin Lasen. Ther would be little to be gained, and more risks to be faced if these were made public like trophies from a successful hunt.
(#77 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

05-04-2011, 09:17 PM

so there is no real proof and we get so many different versions.

Without Proof there will always be doubt.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-04-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
so there is no real proof and we get so many different versions.

Without Proof there will always be doubt.
In this day and age, there is always be doubt, besides proof or not.

And what does a photograph prove these days? There are people that believe the President of the US is a sleeper agent for Al-Quada, and that the moon generates its own light, and no man has ever walked on it. I think the conspiracy theorists are getting too much media attention these days.

Really how can anybody prove anything to anybody who doesn't want to believe something is true?
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

05-04-2011, 10:49 PM

It's is also a possibility they captured him alive. Thus the "Burial at sea" and "No photos to be released". Not that you will ever see him again if that were the case.

MMM; I want to see his dead corpse, I don't like the Idea that the government can prevent the American people from seeing what we want to see. That's what this whole war on terror was about from the start..GETTING HIM.

There won't be any more "retaliation" than what they would have done anyway, since they allready hate us as Infidals. I think they need to see the end result of picking a fight with the US.
(#80 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-04-2011, 11:02 PM

If I was Obama I would put his head on a stake in front of the White House. That will get him re-elected.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!