JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-23-2011, 11:16 AM

See, thats not really true.. it's actually the other way around. PRIDE and DREAM focus on Entertainment and Show where on the other hand the UFC is much more about the actual Sport then Entertainment. So it's obvious that it is a cultural thing.

Also with the focus on the "raw" attitude in America that couldn't be further from the truth. the only time something raw comes into play is the opening heavy metal music from the UFC. Throughout the show there is absolutely no reason to start brawls inside the crowd and scream into the camera like an Animal.

It's the culture people!
(#42 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-23-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
See, thats not really true.. it's actually the other way around. PRIDE and DREAM focus on Entertainment and Show where on the other hand the UFC is much more about the actual Sport then Entertainment. So it's obvious that it is a cultural thing.

Also with the focus on the "raw" attitude in America that couldn't be further from the truth. the only time something raw comes into play is the opening heavy metal music from the UFC. Throughout the show there is absolutely no reason to start brawls inside the crowd and scream into the camera like an Animal.

It's the culture people!
Huh? WTF are you talking about????
(#43 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-23-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Huh? WTF are you talking about????
About the differences between the Asian culture and the Western World.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

07-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
About the differences between the Asian culture and the Western World.
I know, but what are you saying? I don't get it entirely.. i know you were comparing UFC to Pride and things like K1 world and such, but aside from the rules that is inside the ring, what else are you saying its different?
(#45 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I know, but what are you saying? I don't get it entirely.. i know you were comparing UFC to Pride and things like K1 world and such, but aside from the rules that is inside the ring, what else are you saying its different?
The difference between our World and the Asian World is, that the Japanese don't start a fight inside the crowd between the fights. They let the fighters do the fighting.

The other part is, that the Japanese do not scream like an Animal when the camera is in there faces like Western people DO.

The other part was that the Japanese crowd stays quiet throughout the event and only reacts by blows from the fighters.

Americans go Nuts every single minute the fight is on.

It's because the Japanese and (Asian people in general) have been grown up in a very different way and because of that behave way different in public.
It has to do with an intact sense of shame, politness and a very intact inhibition level.

Western don't carry these attributes, which makes them be like Animals at the UFC.

Also from 7.000 people in the UFC.. a brawl breaks out!

90.000 people in the Tokyo Dome and everybody behaves in a nice and kind way.

It's the culture, people!
(#46 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-23-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
I would say it's a "Big City" thing. New York gets the same rap. It's what I call "Gerbil Syndrome". Gerbils become very aggressive and combative if too many live in a small area. It's essentially a fight for resources.

Country folk are friendlier...this is true in the US as well and probably most countries.

Though I also think Japan uses the "polite" thing as a fine art to debase and or insult others and get away with it. Like when you say something mean online and add a at the end or the tag line "No offense".
LOL @ "gerbil syndrome" and the passive-aggressive at the end of a offensive statement.

I have to agree with the Japanese using the "polite" thing as a fine art in some cases. They really do work in subtleties and it can be good AND bad. The same way Americans are more blunt. An American saying "umm,yeah you're not doing it right let me show you how to do it rookie" is kinda blunt and straight forward and depending on the body language and tone can be either helpful, instructing, and funny! or can be said in a rude manner such as "you're a complete and utter idiot."

I'm sure this is over-simplifying it but I'm hoping you understand my point. (subtly saying: if you don't; you're an idiot! OR I really hope you understand my point because I'm not sure I made it clear.)

It really depends on the individual based in that particular culture to show off the strengths/weaknesses that the culture can offer.