(#11 (permalink))
Old
Yggdrazzil (Offline)
Gone since 02-08-2007

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrazzil
07-17-2007, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Agreed. Everyone's acting like it's the fucking end of the world, well then stop complaining and go do something about it. Plus there're plenty of other problems just as important but no! global warming is first cause we don't want people to know about starvation, poverty, drugs, slavety, etc.
...this thread makes me giggle I doubt that todays governments are not focussing on starvation and other drama's you mentioned. You can't deny that this is also a subject that needs attention though if we want our kids kids kids to have kids The concerts were nice and a lot of great music was played, so Im happy. I dont plan to put any kids on this world so I'm not much concerned to what happens to it after I pass away though..(If reincarnation does appear to be true, Im f****ed, but I'm not going let that worry me )

Bye

Last edited by Yggdrazzil : 07-17-2007 at 08:55 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-17-2007, 09:34 AM

I agree with Iamkira.

Global warming is just a political farse, and it's just propoganda.

The warming and cooling of seasons has happened through the millions of years we have lived through. Even before Carbon dioxide was released from using fuel.

Here's an example.After WW2, or was it WW1? Either one, after it the industrial era began. Millions of stuff were being made and MANY factories were built and used. Many more than there were today. Now, you would think "The heat must have shot up here due the HUGE amounts of CO2 being released into the air!"

But guess what? It didn't. No it didn't even stay the same. It FELL.

CO2 has never affected the weather in the past, why would it do so now?

EDIT: Although, however much I think Global Warming is a farse, I prefer it to stay. Why you might ask?

The Global Warming thing has become a HUGE industry in itself. It that was to break away, MILLIONS of people would lose jobs.

Although, the bad thing to that, is that they are using up money and resources on stupids like this and not spending them on anything more useful. Like the things Suki said.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -

Last edited by Salvanas : 07-17-2007 at 09:37 AM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Gackt21 (Offline)
退屈中央

Send a message via Skype™ to Gackt21
05-16-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
my god........................Why don't you stop being so arrogant.....global warming is a farse....it is a political scheme and that's all........awww....do you feel hot??....it must be global warming, and not the fact that it's summer!!!.............why don't we stop global poverty or crime instead.........something that would actually do something for us???....and, I'm not going to come back to this thread, so there is no need to debate me on this and try to chnage my veiws..........

I would have agree with him. It feels cool almost cold.

GACKTDOLL クリスティーナ
Kurisutīna
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-16-2008, 03:05 PM

Hmm, I remember my nanny using soe of this same logic when they wanted to put electricity into the homes in my village in England. "If it was good enough for George III, its good enoguh for me". So since humans survived the Ice Age we don't need to worry about the reverse.

But what about the the seas warming and generating more typhoons, hurricane and tornados. What about rising temperatureas and deforestation causing land shifts - as in giant mud slides and earthquakes.

Guess these documented effects of a changing climate killing millions and leave even more to die of starvation and pestilence doesn't matter, because its all politics, right?

Ok, fine. I am old enough now that I won't be here when you people really have to deal with this.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

05-16-2008, 03:10 PM

I can't figure what Gackt21's problem is, really.

It's obvious Global Warming is a real problem. That's why the seasons are all messed up, for one. Plus what you said, Taln.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#16 (permalink))
Old
acorn (Offline)
New to JF

05-16-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRiceBall View Post
-sigh- Let's Stop Global Warming!! Did anyone went to the Live Earth concert? Ouu, I wish I did T_T. But seriously, we have to help our enviorment. This planet could come to an end in a few years if we dont do something. Some countries will start freezing, rain will turn into acid and much more horrible things. And to think it already started. A horrible future is coming our way, and I dont think is just that our generation and the one coming after us have to suffer because of something we did, because of something we have the chance stop!

So let's STOP being ignorant and START doing something!!!
i dont believe in global warming, but i do think that we need to clean up our earth and be more responsible about what we throw away and how we do it

acrongirl
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-16-2008, 03:12 PM

I pretty much know it's a real problem but perhaps it may be over stated at times.
I do know since i've been young that the weather throughout the world has changed drastically. There seem to be more natural disasters and the seasons have weather which is not normally associated with them.
Something has to be causing this and Global Warming might be at least partly responsible.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#18 (permalink))
Old
SamuraiAlchemistNinja (Offline)
Tired Philosopher...

Send a message via Yahoo to SamuraiAlchemistNinja
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM

Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore. I've swayed back and forth, because both sides of this argument have validity, have proofs and whatnot. Is increased CO2 causing damage to the ozone layer? Or is it just natural evolution? I don't know. I really don't.

I'm pretty content with life right now....For the most part, anyway....Well, at least, I'm pretty sure I am....
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

05-16-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiAlchemistNinja View Post
Honestly, I don't know what to believe anymore. I've swayed back and forth, because both sides of this argument have validity, have proofs and whatnot. Is increased CO2 causing damage to the ozone layer? Or is it just natural evolution? I don't know. I really don't.
Natural Evolution of what? The Earth?

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#20 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-16-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Natural Evolution of what? The Earth?
Sure! You know, like how the planet went from molten rock to continents with oceans. But oops, I forgot, the earth is the only planet in the universe and we all sprung forth from two people only a few days after this place appeared out of now here fully formed. So I guess the evolution theory is out - even from a geooogical view. We should just accept everything as God's will - even mass destruction.

(Anybody got a bucket?)

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.