JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

05-21-2008, 10:29 PM

I'm not going to directly participate in this debate, because honestly, I'm not as "informed" as I probably should be. However, I believe that whether Global Warming is true or not, shouldn't change the fact that we, as human beings, should be enviromentally conscious -- to a degree.
It wouldn't hurt to invest some sort of responsibility for our wastes.

Although, to some level, I think GW is a bit of an exaggeration; somewhat a load of crap -- which, of course, is debateable -- I also have no problem with working to keep our society clean.

As long as "the cause" doesn't interfere with politics, religious values or prohibit the use of important basic life necessities, I'm fine with it.

Just my little addition to the discussion.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

the hidden cost of going 'green' cost a lot of green - 05-21-2008, 10:47 PM

The cost of the US 'biodiesel industrys' most used oil- soyoil has a price that has rocketed past 'crude oil'.(NPRMay08') In the US alone over 165 biodiesel plants have been built to date (Sept 07'), The US averages 1 new plant being constructed a month. The cost alone to the US taxpayer is over 5 billion dollars a year in subsidies. Not even factoring in the use of coal and massive amounts of subsidized public water is required for these plants? The question you might want to ask yourself -(example) It takes about 7 pounds of soybean oil -- which is priced by the pound -- to make one gallon of biodiesel (Texas Biodisel Coalition) Yes developement of more advanced technology will improve production but feedstock generally runs as high as 80% of the cost of production wether soybean or corn , rice. As of April 10,2008' a 1/4 of the US Biodiesel Industry plants are idle due to cost of the soy makes it unprofitable despite the fact that the bulk of the US biodiesel is exported to the EU (European market) .
(#113 (permalink))
Old
iloverenatenten (Offline)
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-22-2008, 04:20 PM

wow i didnt know that

Those who can live on nothing have nothing to live for.
(#114 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-22-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
The cost of the US 'biodiesel industrys' most used oil- soyoil has a price that has rocketed past 'crude oil'.(NPRMay08') In the US alone over 165 biodiesel plants have been built to date (Sept 07'), The US averages 1 new plant being constructed a month. The cost alone to the US taxpayer is over 5 billion dollars a year in subsidies. Not even factoring in the use of coal and massive amounts of subsidized public water is required for these plants? The question you might want to ask yourself -(example) It takes about 7 pounds of soybean oil -- which is priced by the pound -- to make one gallon of biodiesel (Texas Biodisel Coalition) Yes developement of more advanced technology will improve production but feedstock generally runs as high as 80% of the cost of production wether soybean or corn , rice. As of April 10,2008' a 1/4 of the US Biodiesel Industry plants are idle due to cost of the soy makes it unprofitable despite the fact that the bulk of the US biodiesel is exported to the EU (European market) .
You like posting random stuff off the internet dontcha >.<
(#115 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
05-22-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
we should have biodiesel weed plants ; if we were all high we could hardly damage our environment

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-22-2008, 04:28 PM

ya its fun really fun lol

(#117 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

411 - 05-22-2008, 04:54 PM

(NPR08') is National Public Radio . Texas BioDiesel Coalition- Is a trade Industry Group for BioDiesel Industry of state of Texas US. ( Texas has the majority of BioDiesel plants in US.) sources other than the internet are as valid as the web unless you are internet centered?
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-22-2008, 05:04 PM

what does that mean im not up on whats goin on in texas. we have a BioDiesel club t our school & they made a truck that runs on alternate fuels

(#119 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

05-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
You like posting random stuff off the internet dontcha >.<
Lol, atleast it's relevant to the topic.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

biodiesel lonestar state - 05-22-2008, 05:43 PM

congrats on your school biodiesel club. Texas as far as biodiesel has enjoyed
being first and foremost location of majority of biodiesel plants constructed in US due to being President Bushs home state.
i did not vote for Bush.
hav a nice day.