LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

05-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
Ahaha true, and the midde aged men, in bright shirts, shorts, white socks and jesus sandles.
You just described most of my neighbors XD

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#12 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

07-04-2007, 03:03 AM

Wait! I'm a second best tourist!?!.cool!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
07-04-2007, 03:41 AM

We only tip badly because we're not used to it.

I love Japanese tourists, though I have no idea why they come to Swindon...
They also make very good attempts at holding a conversation with you and asking for directions and what-not, though I find it very hard to give them directions -_-

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

08-04-2007, 09:13 AM

I'm curious as to the reliability of this survey. People who work in these so-called tourist venues (which supposedly are located in different countries around the world) may obviously have different ideas about what it means to be a "good" or a "bad" tourist. The results are still entertaining, though.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-04-2007, 11:01 AM

American 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold

And Japanese... they are always taking pics, like 24/7. I wonder if they take the camera with them when going to the toilet...

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Jessica91 (Offline)
Secrets should be kept...

10-20-2007, 02:27 PM

...Brittons 2nd worst dressed... this can only be the chavs and the holiday people who are a bit too laid back and relaxed. Probably the latter cos Chavs can't afford holidays (ok, that was a bit stereotypical of me but hey...)Its not suprising that Japanese people are the best tourists since they are so polite!

Jessicaxo

(#17 (permalink))
Old
CrystalTear (Offline)
Ninjaaa

10-20-2007, 03:07 PM

Americans are second best? That's not possible... I think they're rude and don't respect other cultures.

I CONSTANTLY hear comments like: "Watch out! Don't get a sun teint Goth-kid!" "Don't forget to smile today!" "Cheer up emo-kid" (Really, I do NOT look like an emo)

Japanese tourists are nice and calm, and they take pictures of EVERYTHING xD I must be on hundreds of pictures riding my bike xD
(#18 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-20-2007, 03:40 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHA American tourists second best???? whats that about. I worked in london in a tourist area, the only americans that were kind and nice were the old retired couples that wanted to come to england for a nice "cup of tea" and see better history than that of america (you may think why england? cos we speak english, many people are afraid to go to a country where they don't understand the lang). others were jerks, i remember 3 young americans were arrested because they started going to the toilet in the middle of the road. when they were gettin arrested. they said "this is europe, i thought u could do this"

as for japanese... i think the only reason they would be best is cos they are soo quiete and sometimes too shy to even ask or get what they want. same as koreans.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
CrystalTear (Offline)
Ninjaaa

10-20-2007, 04:50 PM

Oh, and another thing that really bothers me about American (and other nationalities) tourists, they think EVERYBODY in Holland is on drugs. And the only reason they come here is to get real high.

Once someone asked me where he could buy a joint, so I told him I didn't know (for God's sake, I'm fifteen. How should I know?) And he was all like: "But... You're Dutch right?" So I awnesered I was. "But... You don't do drugs? o.0"
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-20-2007, 05:37 PM

I had hoped we were done with these "stereotype all people from one country" slam America threads.

*yawn*