(#31 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
10-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I had hoped we were done with these "stereotype all people from one country" slam America threads.

*yawn*
Don't get offended. That's just how Americans are seen in other countries, of course it's only a generalised opinion and it does not apply to every American citizen but, you know.. Americans tend to be a little too fond of themselves, like if someone dares mess with them they'll get their beloved government to set the army on their asses xD! I'm pretty sure all these stereotypes come from both political and historic reasons.

As for my comment ("Americans 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold "), same thing goes for French and British people, if that makes you feel any better xD

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#32 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

10-21-2007, 04:35 PM

Thats just....sad.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
same thing goes for French and British people, if that makes you feel any better xD
I can say the same thing about spanish too anyway the point is, there will always be some bad apples ( i can't remember the exact saying )........basically, there are bad tourists and good tourists from every country. even JAPAN
(#34 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-21-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalTear View Post
"Americans are second best? That's not possible... I think they're rude and don't respect other cultures."

I especially said I THINK,,
everybody's got right on an opinion right?
Why would you think saying "I think" makes your insult any less insulting?
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-21-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Don't get offended. That's just how Americans are seen in other countries, of course it's only a generalised opinion and it does not apply to every American citizen but, you know.. Americans tend to be a little too fond of themselves, like if someone dares mess with them they'll get their beloved government to set the army on their asses xD! I'm pretty sure all these stereotypes come from both political and historic reasons.

As for my comment ("Americans 2n best tourists...? Pfftt no way in hell! They're noisy and wear shorts when it's freezing cold "), same thing goes for French and British people, if that makes you feel any better xD
I guess you are just proving my point. Do you actually think "Americans tend to be a little too fond of themselves, like if someone dares mess with them they'll get their beloved government to set the army on their asses"? Seriously? The American people didn't ask the American goverment to go to war...it was quite the opposite. It's the American people who are embarrassed, ashamed and are begging our government to get us out of this war.

If you know they are stereotypes, why fuel them by spreading them?
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-21-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I have a question, Illusional, how is it that in every other culture in the world (that I am aware of) people stand in line to wait for things, except for in China? Can someone explain how they function if no one waits in line for things? Is that really true?
as far as i would have thought, people in china waited in lines, but that is only my assumption. i know very little about life in china.

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#37 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-21-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
as far as i would have thought, people in china waited in lines, but that is only my assumption. i know very little about life in china.

raverboy
China Pushes Public To Mind Its Manners - washingtonpost.com

"Developing the habit of standing in line takes years," Zheng said. "The Olympics is just an opportunity to teach this, but this is not just for the Olympics. We are trying to get the public to be more civilized in the long run. "

I have also read some problems at HK Disneyland, where the Chinese have to be told not to cut to the fronts of the lines.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Illusional (Offline)
JF Regular

10-21-2007, 11:50 PM

hahahaha... now that i think of it, this reminds me of an incident at the buffet line. there was a chinese tourist who cut right to the front of the line. everyone was pretty pissed and fortunately the chef who was serving the prime rib saw this and didn't serve her. the chef told her that she had to go to the back of the line and wait like everyone else.

getting back to the HK disneyland thing, so if chinese people don't actually wait in lines, you have wonder does everyone just bunch up near the entrance and shove their way in??

raverboy

...this is just my perspective on the situation...
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Gunslinger (Offline)
Feels Overlooked alot.

Send a message via MSN to Gunslinger
10-22-2007, 12:11 AM

Im curious...there is not a single mention of australians at all in this thread....would someone please stereotype or insult them so my "fragile sense of justice and equality" doesnt explode? sankyu ^___^

Tsuzuki is my Vamp Sis.
Kuroneko is my sensei
Hentaro is my Fellow Klaha Stalker
Laina is my Big Kitten Sis
Miyavikuun Owns a Korean Turtle with me Named Kyung Soo

(#40 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-22-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
hahahaha... now that i think of it, this reminds me of an incident at the buffet line. there was a chinese tourist who cut right to the front of the line. everyone was pretty pissed and fortunately the chef who was serving the prime rib saw this and didn't serve her. the chef told her that she had to go to the back of the line and wait like everyone else.

getting back to the HK disneyland thing, so if chinese people don't actually wait in lines, you have wonder does everyone just bunch up near the entrance and shove their way in??

raverboy
I guess so. The problem there was the HK and Taiwanese guests knew to wait in line, but the Chinese guests would just go to the front. As you can imagine, this caused a ton of problems, and they are still working on it.

My only personal experience was getting of a plane from Japan into Kansai Int'l at the same time a plane from China landed. So all these Chinese were trying to go through customs at the same time as the non-Japanese passengers from my plane. I was shocked to see families of people push to the front with thie passports out. There were a couple of US Marines (I think) in front of me, and one finally just put his arms straight out to not let any more pass. A couple of kids (encouraged by their dad) snuck under and to the front, but the Marine wouldn't let the father and mother cut in front. The kids were yelling (from the passport check booths) for their dad to hurry up, but he the Marine made it clear with his eyes he wasn't going before him. It was one of the strangest things I have ever seen, so I still wonder, how does an advanced society like China function if the people won't wait in line?