(#11 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
07-03-2007, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
This 'Western-style democracy' you speak of, should only apply to the US and communists in Europe.
No true western democracy would do something so unreasonable.
we take our democracy from athens of greece, with alittle of some various other thoughts which came from britain. In reality this "western" thought that you guys use is what made the U.S. a power to be reconned with. Until very recently have we become a feeble nation (and you can write that down somewhere). We've accomplished A ton in our history, we've revolutionized the world time and again, matter of fact people in connectivut (i think it was connecticut) made the internet. I lik apolitician with a brian for truth, to me. I am an African american, i don't like the thought of slavory, i don't see the purpose in it, yet it happened, alot of things wrong with it, but it happened. I feel as though...I'm glad I'm here though...How many other countries can say they took the world by storm in under 300 yrs. China's been around for over 3000 yrs. and they can't say they've done that. Egypts been around for over 5000 yrs. and can't say that...Many things wrong with this country, we take alot of other country's brightest minds (at least that's what alot of people seem to say but...)- the brightest minds WANTED to come here, in fact f they wanted to stay where they were they could've...Einstien would have been killed by the gestapo if he stayed any longer so he cam eto america (you don't have that kind of political thought and keep sharp minds around, they just don't survive for reasons I can say later). The bombing wasn't necessary, but was necessary. You have to fight a war FULL HEAD ON ALL THE TIME, right? Then that means the war might have taken a few 1,000,000 other lives ,whether japanese or american or BOTH. Which then tells me that if I want my friends to come home and i want to survie and we have the capapbility to END the game quicklly and decisive then LIGHT THAT SUCKER!!! whats 200,000 people to 1,000,000 or more. that's liek 100 dollars to 2. SO as you can see, risk and survival thought intact, the bomb was good. If you think about it, JAPAN or AMerica definitely would have stomped, and when i say stomped, I mean run up in your camp shoot everyone but the general take the wives and children shoot them or put them into slave labor and call the country Big japan or America2. As you can see, its evident that we might not be who we are today if the war weren't stopped.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
07-03-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
Nanking is up there with the Holocaust. The A-bomb is bad I agree but not quite up there.

I wish we had never dropped the A-bomb on Japan myself. But everytime I say that people tell me it was necessary to end the war and save alot of lives. Not sure if I agree. Just because I'm not absolutely sure of everything about the war. And I don't spend much time looking into it. It's too depressing thinking of my country when it was at war with Japan. All those people that died in our bombing of their country.

Some people say that the holocaust was exaggerated. Or even didn't happen. Some say the same about Nanking. Some say that the bombing of Japan wasn't necessary. I don't know. It seems like anymore that every view on world war two is tainted by some political view.
I have to agree politics wants you to think the way they think, therefore causing you who have seen many thoughts on the matter of such a thing are tainted.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

07-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
No differnence, they both mass wiped out part of a race
You act if there was some sort of racial motivation involved with the bombing.
Neither Pearl Harbor nor Hiroshima had any racial motivations that I'm aware of.
Japan bombed the USA because of our interfering with their doings in China. America bombed Japan because Japan bombed us at Pearl Harbor.
It's pretty disgusting that we bombed Japan like that. Back when I was in Junior High I would tell people things like what you just said but nobody would agree with me.

Quote:
Killing surviving Japanese soldiers after a battle
I didn't know we did that.
Quote:
that they intentionally dropped on cities to mass kill Japanese citizens
Sure seems that way.

Quote:
Yet they get away with it scott-free, sickening.
Yup.

Quote:
it's a war crime
I agree. It was. And from what I hear we also committed war crimes in Vietnam.
But unless the numbers who died in the holocaust were exaggerated it's nowhere close to as many that died in the holocaust. That's what I meant by not quite up there.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

07-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
If you're going to drop it drop it off the shores of Tokyo, let them see what a big bastard it is and go from there, not drop it on innocent people. u_u
I completely agree. The threat of nuclear bomb should have plenty enough to end the war. The people who bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki were complete idiots motivated by their anger over Pearl Harbor. There's no justifying the bombing of Japan whatsoever.

If only more Americans felt that way. <.<
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-03-2007, 08:55 PM

What an interesting topic! Why had I not seen it before!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
Sad to think of Japan, my favorite country being bombed.
Your favorite country was not the only one being bombed. In fact, before the two bombs were dropped it was the second less damaged country. I mean, stop being such Japanacholics when discussing history and forget where manga and anime come from.

Undeniably dropping the A-Bomb wasn't the best way to end the war, but it did, so even though it should have never happened, that's the reason why WWII didn't go on for longer.

I agree that citizens shouldn’t have been involved, but let's get it straight: If you are at war all you want is for your enemy to suffer, and the best way is killing, the more people the better, to show them how dangerous it is to mess with you. I'm sorry guys, but that's the way it is.

Another thing is that at that time no human rights were guaranteed so nobody gave a fuck, as someone has already said, people were nothing but a number and whose duty was to give their life for their country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori
It's pretty disgusting that we bombed Japan like that.
It was, yeah, but you cannot change that. However, there's something you can do to stop that useless Iraq war, cause there's people being bombed there, did you know that? Nah, you don't, your media is controlled by the government and they don't want you to find out. You know, Iraq people might not be as cool as Japense but they have the same rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa
All these people saying "America is the best, we stand for what is right". ect get on my nerves, no country is so good as a lot of Americans make their country out to be.
They make me sick too. But they're not to blame... I mean, the whole country is pretty much like a sect. They have too much faith in themselves and think they can rule the entire world... but that's definetly going to change, I'm not quite sure if it's gonna be China, but somehow it will.

(Sorry I blabbered too much in this reply)

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

07-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
It isn't warfare, it's murder.
Right, and what's war all about? ò_Ó

I never said that's the way it has to be, I just pointed out how it works.

Anyway, you think dropping a bomb is less legitimate than shooting a gun (when it comes to war)?

(#17 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
07-04-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Difference is, Pearl Habour, as dishonourable as it was, was a part of warfare. The A-Bomb isn't warfare, it's too destructive to be concidered anything else but mass murder. If you're going to drop it drop it off the shores of Tokyo, let them see what a big bastard it is and go from there, not drop it on innocent people. u_u

Although there was no racial motivation, as I stated, Americans shot survivers in battles, they stripped them naked and humiliated them for being physically inferior to Americans then shot them.
See in Iraq? Prisoners stacking into pyrimids, naked. And when a soldier shot a Iraqi man that had nothing to do with military fights, just because he was pretending to be dead. All these people saying "America is the best, we stand for what is right". ect get on my nerves, no country is so good as a lot of Americans make their country out to be.

Thats America for you...anyone recall the cartoons from that time... like tokio jokio and such. Oh and the songs from that time.

Anywho the bombing was wrong...it was to imtimidate...so rather then target a military base lets drop it on civilians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki
Right, and what's war all about? ò_Ó

I never said that's the way it has to be, I just pointed out how it works.

Anyway, you think dropping a bomb is less legitimate than shooting a gun (when it comes to war)?
Well...a gun blast aimed at a person usually shoots that one person. I think its very different to just drop a huge bomb and indiscriminantly kill anyone in its path...

I think that it was a war crime. It ended the war...it made people scared, and they never had to really fight in the war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki

I agree that citizens shouldn’t have been involved, but let's get it straight: If you are at war all you want is for your enemy to suffer, and the best way is killing, the more people the better, to show them how dangerous it is to mess with you. I'm sorry guys, but that's the way it is.
When the biggest non-nucular bomb was created and tested in florida iraq surrendered. They saw its destructive power. Others cases like this have happened in the past. It is not necessary to kill hundred of thousands of innocent people to scare them. Its just barbaric. They didn't even target a place with high military activity. Instead a place with low military activity. It wasn't even about military if they cared that much about it they would have picked a more active place. So we can't but assume they just wanted to kill as many innocent people as they could and why? Well thers no good reason, or a reason at all for that matter. I am sure the Japanese would have been surrendered weather the bomb was droped on a high military area or not (like it was).

Pearl habor was bad I admit but really its not that horrible. The rest of the world is suffering and America's mother country is being attacked and they just turned a blind eye and put their ships in a very vulnerable area because all is perfect in America...quite selfish.

The kamikaze stories sadden me more then the pearl habor ones. Its most likely because I detest America, and I am not very patriotic but who can blame me.

This reminds me...the kamikaze attacks were sucessful for a little while then they didn't really work. Japan was already loseing. What was the need for such a huge bomb...they were not that big of a threat later on in the war near the time when they droped the bomb. Why not go after germany instead. I think a A-bomb over germany would have been more sucessful and justified. Perhaps not on Germany but maybe a spot where lots of nazi's were. The world would be scared the war would be over and this thread wouldn't be here. Noone would be upset with 100 thousand nazi's dieing because who really cares about nazi's. Japan would have surrendered and wouldn't have been bombed.

Thats the way it should have gone.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

07-04-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorotsuki
Well...a gun blast aimed at a person usually shoots that one person. I think its very different to just drop a huge bomb and indiscriminantly kill anyone in its path...

I think that it was a war crime.
But the Japanese had done that too. Every single country has dropped a bomb at least once -not like the one they did- right, but only cause they were the only ones who had it. Really, if the French had had it, they would have used it as well, the English too, not to mention the Germans.

History is full of unfairness. And it's not just rich countries:

YouTube - Cold Injuries Test

That's how nice Chinese were. It's hard to watch but then again reality must be known.

So yeah, it was crime, but anyone would have done the same, and also that was not the only crime during the war. Besdies, at that time they didn't really know the consequences, did they?

Quote:
When the biggest non-nucular bomb was created and tested in florida iraq surrendered. They saw its destructive power.
It's so different nowadays. How'd you show the entire world such thing in year 1945?

Quote:
the kamikaze attacks were sucessful for a little while then they didn't really work. Japan was already loseing. What was the need for such a huge bomb...they were not that big of a threat later on in the war near the time when they droped the bomb.
Well they lost in Iwo Jima and Okinawa, do you know how much it took the US to recover the Northern Mariana Islands? The Japanese weren't an easy enemy to deal with, and Truman was willing to be remembered as the president who ended World War II... what a moron.

Quote:
Why not go after germany instead. I think a A-bomb over germany would have been more sucessful and justified. Perhaps not on Germany but maybe a spot where lots of nazi's were. The world would be scared the war would be over and this thread wouldn't be here. Noone would be upset with 100 thousand nazi's dieing because who really cares about nazi's. Japan would have surrendered and wouldn't have been bombed.
There were loads of innocent people living in Germany, not only the ones in extermination camps but people who were pretending to be on the Nazi's side in order to save their own ass.

You can't just drop and A-bomb in the middle of Europe, the Allies would have been damaged (especially France), plus it was the Japanese who had to pay for what they'd done in Pearl Harbor, not the Germans. They had been fighting the Japanese for so long, they would have never left without winning. That's American pride... *spits on the American flag*

(#19 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-04-2007, 11:45 AM

It's always a bad thing when civilians get caught up in war, but as the BBC history site points out...

Quote:
Although some Japanese were taken prisoner, most fought until they were killed or committed suicide. In the last, desperate months of the war, this image was also applied to Japanese civilians. To the horror of American troops advancing on Saipan, they saw mothers clutching their babies hurling themselves over the cliffs rather than be taken prisoner.

Not only were there virtually no survivors of the 30,000 strong Japanese garrison on Saipan, two out of every three civilians - some 22,000 in all - also died.
Of course the bombings were terrible, but I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't occurred. (I don't get why some people are saying the threat of being bombed would be enough, Japan didn't surrender despite the Hiroshima bomb being dropped)

Anyway I also think it's very easy for people like myself, from a different country and a different time in history, to look back and make judgements, but if you've not lived through these times and experienced them I don't think you can ever have a full understanding.

Last edited by Haggis : 07-04-2007 at 12:09 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
07-04-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
"It's so different nowadays. How'd you show the entire world such thing in year"
How did we get the pictures from thoes events in the past? It is obvious they could have taken pictures and showed them to the world.

Quote:
There were loads of innocent people living in Germany, not only the ones in extermination camps but people who were pretending to be on the Nazi's side in order to save their own ass.

You can't just drop and A-bomb in the middle of Europe, the Allies would have been damaged (especially France), plus it was the Japanese who had to pay for what they'd done in Pearl Harbor, not the Germans. They had been fighting the Japanese for so long, they would have never left without winning. That's American pride... *spits on the American flag*
Germany started this whole war...germany is more to blame then any of his ally countried. The bomb could have been droped in europe where a lot of germans were...all you had to do was warn all of the allies. Unless there was a lack of communication this would have worked...sure the Japanese had to pay..invade their country and fight them head on. Not just drop a huge bomb to kill innocent people because you suck at fighting.

Quote:
Anyway I also think it's very easy for people like myself, from a different country and a different time in history, to look back and make judgements, but if you've not lived through these times and experienced them I don't think you can ever have a full understanding.
My ancestors in the past...were either suffering from jim crow laws...on a reservation...attacking pearl habor...or scared of germany in ireland.

Last edited by Gorotsuki : 07-04-2007 at 05:28 PM.