JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
02-12-2008, 04:38 AM

I also carry my personal "mylo" around.

its like a internet phone that works off wifi.

Theres ALOT of places i can snag wifi connections and make phone calls.

My apartment thru Sakura house had free wifi in every room so i just ended up using that as my House phone once i got my Prepaid.

the internet cafes run around 4 dollars an hour.

but they are very nice.

the place i go to "Bagus" has like showers, lockers, lil private cubicals with computers, Food, video games, movies, magazines, manga, Free coffee and tea, and Dvds.

Just pull them off the self and bring it to the counter and then they check it and you can bring it back to your cubical and watch.

be sure to be quiet in those places tho. they are very strict about that.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

02-12-2008, 08:30 AM

-removed, various reasons

Last edited by Nao : 06-17-2009 at 12:39 AM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Bagus is a VERY popular chain of lan centers/pool halls/ darts/ and some what of a mini hotel. its pretty cool

they have one in almost every major place.

one time i locked my self out of my apartment, cuz i gave my friends my keys.

he already was home by the time i figured this out. so i just stayed over night at the Lan center. was pretty nice. for like 25 bucks for the entire night lol

Those places are very valuable for travelers.

in case emergencies come up, you can stay there with out a passport or use the net to call home.

i remember one time i got to drunk in Roppongi and needed to sobber up. i just paid 8 dolllars and stayed there for 2hours. layin in the cubical drinking Free iced tea.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

02-12-2008, 08:53 PM

(#35 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-18-2008, 12:29 AM

Nao, you can work a few hours at the hostel and they will provide you with a free room for the night. $25 a night for a month will add up to $750 and that's money that can be saved and used for other things. Just throwing the idea out there.

Right now I'm thinking that I should take the trip to Japan during the summer. I was planning on taking the trip during the winter because airline tickets seem to be a bit cheaper during this time but life is too short and I want to experience Japan while I'm young for as much as I can. I've already waited too long and there's no point on postponing it any longer. I can always take the trip during summer and winter if I desire.

I'm just not sure which month to go during the summer. During June it rains a lot and I want to be outside a lot and take pictures and maybe some video so this is a disadvantage. During July and August it gets really hot and humid but at least it doesn't rain much and I can be outside taking pictures and video so this is definitely an advantage. I've asked this question before on here but I'm still not sure. I want to experience Tokyo and other cities when everyone is outside and not dodging the rain. I live in Northern California and it can get really hot and humid during the summer so I'm used to that. In fact, it doesn't really bother me much and I enjoy the heat and sweating a bit. However, I don't know how close the weather here where I live is compared to Tokyo. What to do?

I'm thinking about going in late-May and staying until early-July. I don't want my camera to get wet in the rain since it should rain during this time. Does the rain last throughout the day usually? I know this can be hard to recall for some people but try your best to remember.

Last edited by GhostBlade : 02-18-2008 at 06:27 AM.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

02-24-2008, 07:05 AM

(#37 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-24-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nao View Post
As for working at the hostel... that kind of defeats the purpose of a vacation, working. Plus, I'm not staying at a hostel...
I had a strong feeling you'd say that. That's why I said "just throwing it out there." So you'll be staying an entire month at a hotel? Or do you have other means of accomodation? Shoul be pretty pricey staying at a hotel for an entire month but it's your money.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

03-01-2008, 05:21 PM

(#39 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

03-05-2008, 04:27 PM

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Hazuki (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Hazuki
03-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Hi

I read through your post quick and notice you wanted to stay at sakura house? I can't really recommend this place and the reason for that is because I've only heard neqative respons from people who stayed their. My recommendation is Khaosan Guest House in Asakusa. I've stayed their my self and enjoyed every moment. Friendly stuff and really good price. Close to locations like Akihabara and Asakusa has some famous places one should visit like the old temple Sensoji!

You should buy the Lonely Planet travel book for Tokyo. It's highly recommended and easy to have with you when discovering Tokyo

Also if you have time and money you should try to go to Kabuki theater in Ginza. I did and it rocked!