JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
killrb323 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to killrb323 Send a message via Skype™ to killrb323
04-04-2008, 03:44 AM

That was round trip, through their website. Keep in mind busy times in japan are different from those here in the states. I think it's like july and june there, where everything regarding hotels and planes goes way up because of all the travel going on.

I'll see if I replicate those results sometime soon.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-04-2008, 01:36 PM

yeah maybe post a screenshot too... business calss for that price is too good to be true
(#13 (permalink))
Old
killrb323 (Offline)
New to JF

04-04-2008, 03:11 PM

No kidding, my jaw hit the floor. It's about $3k from other airlines I tried though. I'll try JA again this morning though.

EDIT: I'm sorry I gave you unreliable info, I went back today. $21k For two business class seats, wtf? I guess I'll have to stick with travelocity from now on.

Last edited by killrb323 : 04-04-2008 at 03:26 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-04-2008, 06:34 PM

Really, give IACE a shot, they have global operations, planeticket usually cost me under 700 canadain a shot
(#15 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-04-2008, 10:24 PM

Ticket prices also depend on the time of month you go. Prices are cheap and can be found for under $700 when you depart throughout mid-May but then they keep increasing from then on. I plan on going towards the end of May so prices will jump over $100 from that rate. If only school got out earlier by less than a week I could save $120 or so. Prices for departure in June will skyrocket so departing in May if you want to go during your summer vacation seems to be the best bet. I will probably be using IACE as well as I called them yesterday and got a quote of $816 departing from SFO. JTBUSA is also a good choice as I got quoted for $815 so their prices are almost identical.

Last edited by GhostBlade : 04-04-2008 at 10:27 PM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-04-2008, 10:33 PM

DO you really want to go in June? That's during the rainy season in Tokyo...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-04-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
DO you really want to go in June? That's during the rainy season in Tokyo...
Well, prices for departing before June are much cheaper than departing on a later month during the summer. Summer prices can be $1000+ so I want to snag the tickets for a late-May departure when prices are still in the $800+ range. I really want to do something meaningful this summer and going to Japan is my top choice. I want to go during the summer and it doesn't seem like a win-win situation either way because in June it's the rainy season and then in July and August it's hot and humid and it seems to rain a lot during these months as well from the statistics that I've seen. Isn't the difference in rainfall in June only an inch more than the averages in July and August? Seems insignificant to me. From what I've read it says it's not an obstacle to travel during these times since all you need is an umbrella. Of course traveling in spring would be my top choice but I just couldn't do it at that time since I want to stay for a month and I can only do that during the summer. Of course there are some days that rain and some that don't. How bad has the rainy season been in your experience?

Last edited by GhostBlade : 04-05-2008 at 04:10 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade View Post
Ticket prices also depend on the time of month you go. Prices are cheap and can be found for under $700 when you depart throughout mid-May but then they keep increasing from then on.
Not for business class. You can't even purchase a one way ticket for that price on business!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
killrb323 (Offline)
New to JF

04-05-2008, 02:56 PM

That's why!!!! I just picked something arbitrary the other day, and it gave me that astronomical price.

After reading this, I tried the actual time I'd like to leave, april. $2700 for two in business, leaving friday. It may be less if you book in advance, but for some reason I couldn't get it to do that today.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
sugoiaisukurimudesu (Offline)
New to JF

04-07-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killrb323 View Post
I could only look a year in advance, but it showed that I could get from greensboro, nc(my closest airport) to tokyo for about $700 a person, after fees!
Amazing! I will definitely look into that!!

さよならって言えなかった事、いつか許してね。同じ夢 を生きられないけど、ずっと見守ってるから。
Feel free to correct me