LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-02-2009, 06:34 PM

To the OP:

Have you even visited Japan?

I suggest you read MMM's "I don't want to live in Japan" thread.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
03-05-2009, 07:28 AM

1. Study abroad

2. Sponsored by a company

3. register as a entertainer for a visa

4. get married to a japanese person

5. certain countries have holiday visas, which is good for 6 months

6. stay 3 months at a time on sakura houses 3 month rental plan and fly to guam every 3 months for a day or so and reenter and book the same apartment.

7. Work for some bar for funds and room with a person who has a visa and stay off the radar *not recommended*

8. have a ridiculous amounts of money, they'll issue a visa for millionaires with out question since they'll spend that money in Japan.

9. Go through Jet/esl teaching program

10. be a homeless person stayin off the grid

I know japan is great and is a exciting place to be.

but actually living there and working there is a different story.

You really gotta have a plan and a reason to be there, other then "i love japanese things lol kthxbai!"

comming out of highschool, you will not be able to afford to live in japan unless your out in the boonies some where.

not knowing the language fluently will make things more difficult *im not fluent and manage to live there for year and 1/2 but it made things harder*

right out of college i just decided to go live there.

really hard finding work, and affording every thing. i found my self burning through money on just necessities.

luckily i illegally got a job at night clubs for a short period.

what i did was just stay on a 3 month visa and dip out the country for a few days, it was one of the more expensive routes.

but i had no other choice really.

and my fiance at the time wasn't a japanese citizen, she just had a student Visa and per parents had work visas.

also not to sound like a dick

but if you cant afford school in america, you will not afford life in japan. period.

unless you do with mmm said and become homeless.

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#33 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
03-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoyoroshikune View Post
What's the easiest and cheapest way to move to Japan for a period of at least one year???

Plz help
Quote:
Originally Posted by domoyoroshikune View Post
i dont have enough time to go to college, or enough money. i need something quicker and cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Buy a round trip plane ticket for under 90 days. Go to Japan. Toss your plane ticket in the garbage. Find a cardboard box. That is your new home. Hang out and be homeless until you are deported.
Gawd, this may be the reason why I spend time on the internet.

Internet stupidity, and Internet stupidity refuted is by far, the best form of entertainment for the modern generation.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
Gawd, this may be the reason why I spend time on the internet.

Internet stupidity, and Internet stupidity refuted is by far, the best form of entertainment for the modern generation.
Yes, and if you try to advise these people they get mad because you told them something they didn't want to hear and you are a bad person for telling them.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#35 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
03-20-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Yes, and if you try to advise these people they get mad because you told them something they didn't want to hear and you are a bad person for telling them.
I know!

Aren't internet tears delicious?

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-20-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
I know!

Aren't internet tears delicious?
Probably the biggest Necropost I've ever seen.

Ahh It's good to be back.

猿も木から落ちる
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Chile (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Chile Send a message via Skype™ to Chile
Talk talk - 07-07-2009, 09:20 PM

This thread is full of nay-sayers.
I dare say there's more than one route to achieving your goals. I, too, have many questions on this subject. However, I want to travel to Japan as a college student (Having graduated high school a year ago). I recognize that this is not impossible - provided I am well prepared.
Student loans will be a moderate life-saver.

For those of us who are determined to approach this subject in a way other than obtaining a bachelors and getting a job, are there any recommendations for an advisable route? I would prefer not to be referred to "exchange programs", either. Patience is a virtue - but I don't know that it's always necessary to put off our goals in favor of the most obvious responses to situations.
A challenge isn't so bad, after all.

Last edited by Chile : 07-07-2009 at 09:22 PM.
(#38 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-07-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile View Post
This thread is full of nay-sayers.
I dare say there's more than one route to achieving your goals. I, too, have many questions on this subject. However, I want to travel to Japan as a college student (Having graduated high school a year ago). I recognize that this is not impossible - provided I am well prepared.
Student loans will be a moderate life-saver.

For those of us who are determined to approach this subject in a way other than obtaining a bachelors and getting a job, are there any recommendations for an advisable route? I would prefer not to be referred to "exchange programs", either. Patience is a virtue - but I don't know that it's always necessary to put off our goals in favor of the most obvious responses to situations.
A challenge isn't so bad, after all.
There is no legal way to live in Japan and not be a student or employed for more than 90 days. (Unless your spouse is Japanese, but that is more than a rubber stamp, and is a process on its own, especially if you don't plan on working.)
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Chile (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Chile Send a message via Skype™ to Chile
I understand. - 07-07-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There is no legal way to live in Japan and not be a student or employed for more than 90 days. (Unless your spouse is Japanese, but that is more than a rubber stamp, and is a process on its own, especially if you don't plan on working.)
I will be in Japan for the purpose of education. I was planning on applying, as an international student, to a university there. I know too little about university in Japan to yet know where I am going.
Do you have any suggestions MMM? For a student. Legalities are the only thing I can not willfully ignore. =) I do know that there are only so many ways to enter and remain in the country until citizenship (very difficult) or long-term residence is approved.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-07-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chile View Post
I will be in Japan for the purpose of education. I was planning on applying, as an international student, to a university there. I know too little about university in Japan to yet know where I am going.
Do you have any suggestions MMM? For a student. Legalities are the only thing I can not willfully ignore. =) I do know that there are only so many ways to enter and remain in the country until citizenship (very difficult) or long-term residence is approved.
I misread your post. Let's leave answers to this question to your other thread,