JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
domoyoroshikune (Offline)
New to JF

What's the easiest method... - 02-28-2009, 04:17 AM

What's the easiest and cheapest way to move to Japan for a period of at least one year???

Plz help
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

02-28-2009, 04:21 AM

It would help if you informed us of your situation, intentions, and skills that will enable you to move *and* live in a completely different culture thousands of miles away from your present situation and location. Try using the search function, as there is a great wealth of information you may wish to read in order to help you out.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"

Last edited by Koir : 02-28-2009 at 11:52 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

02-28-2009, 04:35 AM

oh sry

Well, i'm a senior in high school, and i wanna go there AS SOON AS I GRADUATE! And for the cheapest way possible, and the minimum requirements, u know?

and i wanna stay there for as long as possible
(#4 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-28-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoyoroshikune View Post
oh sry

Well, i'm a senior in high school, and i wanna go there AS SOON AS I GRADUATE! And for the cheapest way possible, and the minimum requirements, u know?

and i wanna stay there for as long as possible
Me too. Get in line. I suggest go to college in America, and get some degree in English. ("u'll" need to study hard.) And then apply for a job in Japan over the internet, mail, e-mail, etc.

猿も木から落ちる
(#5 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

02-28-2009, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Me too. Get in line. I suggest go to college in America, and get some degree in English. ("u'll" need to study hard.) And then apply for a job in Japan over the internet, mail, e-mail, etc.
i dont have enough time to go to college, or enough money. i need something quicker and cheaper.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

02-28-2009, 06:00 AM

Think about it. There are hundreds of unemployed degree holders with valid visas milling around Japan. Hundreds more without visas milling around, but still with the degree.

You have no degree, no relocation plan, and apparently no patience.

Now, think about it, what could you do in Japan that would merit being offered a position that could not be filled by A) a Japanese person B) a Southeast Asian or Brazilian immigrant C) a westerner with experience, degree, visa, or all three? And how can I trust you can even get here? I'm certainly not going to pay your way.

Logically, and barring a miracle of "grace of God" proportions, without a college education, you are pretty much out of luck.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

02-28-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
Think about it. There are hundreds of unemployed degree holders with valid visas milling around Japan. Hundreds more without visas milling around, but still with the degree.

You have no degree, no relocation plan, and apparently no patience.

Now, think about it, what could you do in Japan that would merit being offered a position that could not be filled by A) a Japanese person B) a Southeast Asian or Brazilian immigrant C) a westerner with experience, degree, visa, or all three? And how can I trust you can even get here? I'm certainly not going to pay your way.

Logically, and barring a miracle of "grace of God" proportions, without a college education, you are pretty much out of luck.
how did u do it?

and whats the nextt easiest way? should i get a quick community college degree?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-28-2009, 06:23 AM

The absolute cheapest and "painless" method? Get married to a Japanese citizen.

Unfortunately, that falls nowhere even close to the "easy" part of your request.

There is no quick and easy way to relocate to another country. Think about the effort that would be required for you to just suddenly move to a completely different city far from family/friend support in your OWN country. Not so easy, is it? Up that by at least 10 for moving to Japan.

It`s like saying "Hey, I want to be a pro athlete! Anybody know how I can be one by next month?" when you haven`t exercised in years and don`t know how to play any sports.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

02-28-2009, 06:56 AM

How did I do it?

Well, in high school, I had an interest in Japanese. That set Japan up as an eventual goal. Then I attended college and was part of the Naval Reserve- I initially thought that becoming an officer would get me assigned to 7th fleet. For various reasons I regret now, I left the Navy, I finished my degree, and then I worked in politics. I pretty much gave up on Japan. Then due to the economic downturn, I ended up losing my job in politics. In order to pay my bills I took a job teaching English in Korea. I hated it. I spent a few months looking for a job in Japan, I had experience and a degree, and I was nearby (relocation only cost me about $180) all I needed was someone willing to sponsor me for a visa. I had, in fact, been offered three positions and got to choose which one I liked best. And so here I am.

And you know how much time it took between "I want to live in Japan" and "I live in Japan"? Around a decade.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
02-28-2009, 06:59 AM

How/why would a Japanese company just "willingly sponsor" you from Korea, without knowing Japanese?

Strange.

猿も木から落ちる